Elessar's Collection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    All of them at once I suppose.
    argonathfbanner by

    Comment


      Looks like you have your answer Josh.

      Did you expect anything other than that?

      Comment


        Originally posted by shanesunburn View Post
        ALL OF THEM
        Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
        All of them at once I suppose.
        Then I will make sure they all happen.

        Originally posted by bill59 View Post
        Looks like you have your answer Josh.

        Did you expect anything other than that?
        That it does.

        No, I didn’t. It makes me feel good that folks want to see them all.


        ———————-

        Is there a specific order folks would like them?

        Comment


          What they said, bring em'.

          Comment


            Josh,of course everything my friend
            I enjoy all your reviews

            Comment


              Looking forward to them Josh

              Time to get quacking!

              Comment


                The whole list Elessar (is there room to add more even )

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                  What they said, bring em'.
                  Will do

                  Originally posted by Plat View Post
                  Josh,of course everything my friend
                  I enjoy all your reviews
                  Thank you. I will do my best to get all of them done in a reasonable time frame.

                  Originally posted by Valar View Post
                  Looking forward to them Josh

                  Time to get quacking!
                  Thank you. It does seem it is time to get quacking.

                  Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post
                  The whole list Elessar (is there room to add more even )
                  Thankfully with summer vacation I think I can fit a couple more things in.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                    ...
                    Thank you. I will do my best to get all of them done in a reasonable time frame.
                    ...
                    No hurry, I’m busy until Thursday

                    / Best regards, Fredrik

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Fredrik Felagund View Post

                      No hurry, I’m busy until Thursday

                      / Best regards, Fredrik
                      Ironically I’m free Thursday (I’m not but I wish I was )

                      Comment


                        So as usual you all get an early peek at my next review. The awesome folks at Asmus sent me this Crown Series Gandalf the Grey a while back and with everything that was the last several months for me they've been really awesome understanding why things were delayed. I've gotten my pics done, which I'm pretty darn happy with, and the video. So thank you to them for wanting to work with us at TORn and for their understanding.

                        IMG_3002_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3018_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3025_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3028_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3039_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3063_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3083_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3087_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3100_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        IMG_3104_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                        Comment


                          IMG_3121_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3129_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3130_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3147_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3163_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3175_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3185_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3196_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3204_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          IMG_3233_Fotor by Josh Long, on Flickr

                          Comment


                            Comment


                              Sword ready, Gandalf is finally going to rob Bilbo of his dwarf gold. That wizard was always good at long term planning. Sent a Hobbit to get some gold from a dragon, 60 years later you casually visit him and take the lot...


                              Great pictures, have not had the time to watch the video. I think this one looks quite alright, but for me the Asmus dolls have always been a no go. Somehow I find them strange and weird looking.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                                Sword ready, Gandalf is finally going to rob Bilbo of his dwarf gold. That wizard was always good at long term planning. Sent a Hobbit to get some gold from a dragon, 60 years later you casually visit him and take the lot...


                                Great pictures, have not had the time to watch the video. I think this one looks quite alright, but for me the Asmus dolls have always been a no go. Somehow I find them strange and weird looking.
                                It’s like an Escrow account.

                                Thanks It’s a very nice figure. This isn’t my preferred collectible type but Asmus is doing some very nice things and this is a good example of what they can do. So I totally get why 1:6 figures aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

                                Comment


                                  nice man! he looks real!!!

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                                    It’s like an Escrow account.

                                    Thanks It’s a very nice figure. This isn’t my preferred collectible type but Asmus is doing some very nice things and this is a good example of what they can do. So I totally get why 1:6 figures aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.
                                    Oh I agree, they do great work but dolls are just not my cup of tea (I actually prefer coffee). I think for me the problem with dolls is always that the material does not fit the size; hairs and cloth just doesn't look the same on the doll as it would do on the actor. This is easier to capture right in a statue. But I get why some people would love this and don't like statues for instance, that's what makes collecting great. Some people like tea, others coffee, or both

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post
                                      nice man! he looks real!!!
                                      Thank ya, sir. I agree. The sculpt is pretty damn impressive.

                                      Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

                                      Oh I agree, they do great work but dolls are just not my cup of tea (I actually prefer coffee). I think for me the problem with dolls is always that the material does not fit the size; hairs and cloth just doesn't look the same on the doll as it would do on the actor. This is easier to capture right in a statue. But I get why some people would love this and don't like statues for instance, that's what makes collecting great. Some people like tea, others coffee, or both
                                      I get it. Definitely different strokes for different folks. That makes sense and there’s a lot of companies out there that don’t do a very good job. I think that’s what makes figures like this and stuff like what HT does pretty cool. They tend to avoid those issues at least on a fairly consistent basis. That being said I’m obviously far more partial to statues and honestly they’re a little easier to review. I know in something like this I should show the articulation, but I don’t have the setup the way I do things to do that.

                                      Comment


                                        Excellent photos Josh.

                                        Comment


                                          Nice review, thanks. I agree they are getting Hot Toys level rather quickly. To be perfect I think the beard could have less hair and I hate the plasticky plants omg it would be so much better with a sculpted blob than this, it makes the whole look cheaper. Best Asmus piece to date.
                                          Last edited by pocketreef; 7 July 2021, 14:27.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X