The Red Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Red Room

Well i thought it was about time I added to the already wonderful list of displays in the collection thread.

Like everyone I felt it was quite sad when we lost the S & F. I not only had my collection but pictures of the building of our house and then pool and the story behind it all.

To be honest even before the S & F went down I had lost some of my enthusiasm for collecting. So much so I rarely found the time to even clean my collection regularly.

Recently I took the family to Middle Earth and after visiting the Weta Cave, taking the tour and meeting Leonard & Dan I have somewhat found my enthusiasm again.

https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/ge...to-new-zealand

Although space is always an issue I have even picked up a few pieces(one at the cave) and have also ordered Jervys amazing Aragorn sculpt. I have been cleaning regularly and admiring the statues whenever I walk past rather than barely giving them a glance.

So I had a bit of time today and took just a few random pics mostly focusing on a certain part of the statue(that's very artsy fartsy of you Mr Red)

I will try and regularly add to the thread as I know I enjoy looking at others peoples collections so if I can just put one smile on a Flamers face then my job has been done.

I don't have the biggest or most amazing collection by any means but I hope you Enjoy!

Last edited by Red; 24th March 2018, 18:49.
    The Red Room
    https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Awesome pictures Red

Comment

So nice, Red.

Please sir can we have some more.

Comment

Well red, your job is done. Put a big smile on my face.

I remember your old thread on the S&F. Too bad it's gone but looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful collection.

Comment

What you showed us of your collection Mr. Red is wonderful indeed. Enjoyed it very much.
          Love the up close pictures, and the focus on others.
          I thought your job was one with a little more weight to it here on the forum. If your job was to place a smile on my face, then job very well done.
          Looking forward to more pictures.

Comment

Very nice Red! Good to see your collector interest getting a second wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post
              Awesome pictures Red
              Thanks Eti.

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
              So nice, Red.

Please sir can we have some more.
              Thanks Oliver, errrrr Bill and yes you can.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
              Well red, your job is done. Put a big smile on my face.

I remember your old thread on the S&F. Too bad it's gone but looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful collection.
              Glad to hear Ith and thanks.

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
              What you showed us of your collection Mr. Red is wonderful indeed. Enjoyed it very much.
              Love the up close pictures, and the focus on others.
              I thought your job was one with a little more weight to it here on the forum. If your job was to place a smile on my face, then job very well done.
              Looking forward to more pictures.
              Thanks Min and nice to hear you are smiling.

Job, what job. We do it for the love of our fellow Flamers as it's not like we get paid for it or anything.

Originally posted by Radagast View Post
              Very nice Red! Good to see your collector interest getting a second wind.
              Thanks Rad and we'll see if it lasts or if life takes over once more.
              The Red Room

Comment

I thought I might add a few pics of my latest two purchases. I picked one up from the Cave and ordered one as it was low in stock and I liked the look of it from the moment it was announced.

This is one piece that pictures don't really do it any justice.

I present to you, the favourite son.

"I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins."

Besides the wonderfully humble character of Faramir there is so much to like about this statue. The likeness, pose-poise,the natural colours(I love the green tone of his cape-coat) of his outfit and even the small touches like the different colours of his arrows..
                Last edited by Red; 5th August 2018, 13:25.
                The Red Room

Comment

When I visited the cave I knew I had to pick up something and with not wanting to be too large for carry on the plane I went with my favourite Smial(my first hooray).

It's a beautifully detailed little piece(again just love the colours) and I was lucky enough to have a few classy gentleman sign it for me. Thanks guys!

Edit-Unfortunately I couldn't locate all the original pics thanks to the bucket.
                  Last edited by Red; 29th March 2018, 22:53.
                  The Red Room

Comment

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Here's a bonus pic for Min.

He really is such a loveable fella.
                    Last edited by Red; 24th March 2018, 20:30.
                    The Red Room

Comment

Two great additions to your collection Red.

So lucky of you to have those guys sign it.

Comment

Faramir is an outstanding sculp, glad to see he made it into your collection Red!

I still can't get over that you just bought your first hobbit hole Red. I thought my insanity for Hobbiton would have rubbed off on you a bit more than it has.
                        It is great that you were able to get all 3 of the signatures from the Weta crew that had a hand in this sculpt, I'm sure Daniel had some kind of "pull" as to this one getting made.

Wonderful pictures of all both of these items Red.

Originally posted by Red View Post
                        Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Here's a bonus pic for Min.

He really is such a loveable fella.
                        He is a wonderful fella isn't he??
                        Especially when he is not sideways. (You know you could have just turned your picture in the first post so he was right way up. )

Comment

Two great additions to your collection Red.

So lucky of you to have those guys sign it.
                          Cheers Ith and yes certainly a nice touch that adds to the piece but meeting them was the real pleasure.

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                          Faramir is an outstanding sculp, glad to see he made it into your collection Red!

I still can't get over that you just bought your first hobbit hole Red. I thought my insanity for Hobbiton would have rubbed off on you a bit more than it has.
                          It is great that you were able to get all 3 of the signatures from the Weta crew that had a hand in this sculpt, I'm sure Daniel had some kind of "pull" as to this one getting made.

Wonderful pictures of all both of these items Red.

He is a wonderful fella isn't he??
                          Especially when he is not sideways. (You know you could have just turned your picture in the first post so he was right way up. )
                          Cheers Min. Daniel had a certain influence I do believe.

Originally I only collected figures and had no intention of moving to Environments. Then I saw Argonath and absolutely loving that scene I knew I would be buying it. I then made the conscious decision of picking up an Environment rep for The Hobbits and Elves to go along with us Men-Women. Luckily for me they made the wonderful Bag End and the majestic Rivendell.

That was it for me and only due to space and looking for smaller pieces, visiting Hobbiton and the enthusiasm of certain people(yes you) I bought a beautiful little Smial to mark my time at the Weta Cave.

You do know if you turn the pic it narrows and ruins the effect.
                          Plus I wanted the challenge of seeing if I could get the shot. Squeezing the camera between the two fierce combatants heads and getting some sort of half decent pic.
                          Last edited by Red; 22nd November 2016, 21:19.
                          The Red Room

Comment

Yes indeed nicely done.
                            ATB JJ
                            Looked in the mirror, what did I see?
                            I saw the Devil, he was looking at me.
                            My oh my,

Comment

Originally posted by Jestjester View Post
                              Yes indeed nicely done.
                              ATB JJ
                              Thanks JJ.
                              The Red Room

Comment

Here's a few pics of my latest addition.

Thanks to O and Jervy on an awesome piece.

Sorry as it has been raining here for the last few weeks so the light was not the best.

Last edited by Red; 25th March 2018, 02:14.
                                The Red Room

Comment

Congrats Red, it's a wonderful piece.

What # did you receive?

Comment

Congrats Red, it's a wonderful piece.

What # did you receive?
                                    Thanks Ith.

I ended up with 84 although the no. doesn't really concern me. His age at the time 87 would have been a nice touch though.

I'm pretty much out of room so just trying to fit him in somewhere in the collection.

The Red Room

Comment

This is a wonderful bust! A great new addition for your collection! Congrats Red

Jervy & Hua make incredible collectibles!

Comment

Real nice addition Red and yeah, that running out of room can become a big problem. I recently bought yet another cabinet for my sculpts but when I have finished filling the current empty spaces I am not sure what I will do.

Comment

Working...
                                        X