Adolfo's Aviation Art collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC05159 by bainiceheart, on Flickr A Spanish Civil war print I've wanted for over 25 yrs

DSC05160 by bainiceheart, on Flickr There were never many vet Japanese pilot signers out there
    Last edited by Adolfo; 14th March 2019, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
      A Spanish Civil war print I've wanted for over 25 yrs
      Very nice print. So happy for you that you were finally able to obtain the print.

Originally posted by Adolfo
      There were never many vet Japanese pilots signers out there
      Another great looking print Adolfo. Unlike many cultures, the Japanese main goal was not to "come back alive". I'm sure it would be quite hard/rare to get signatures from Japanese vets, especially the pilots. Congrats on being able to obtain a few.

Comment

It's always great when you are able to pick up something that you have been searching for for a long time. Congrats!

Comment

DSC05184 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

Comment

Oh wow! That print is amazing and I love the matting and framing of it!

Comment

Been going nuts lately...choices were Weta ME or this...chose this...might get another 10-20 pieces in March/April...doing my research looking worldwide...made some nice long distant calls including to some of the artists...many prints I've wanted for decades but finding new ones too...expensive hobby but I've gotten great deals...love it, so does my son...says he will keep these...My other pieces my children already stipulated they will only keep what I built and painted plus a few more pieces that meant something...maybe 10% of my statue/figure collection...rest will be sold...man even now thinking of my music, books, film/TV collection as well lol...those I will hold on to till the day I die, close to 1000 albums from the 50s thru 80s and close to 5000 books, read at least 1 book a week for last 1/2 century...to me these and my Aviation Art mean more than my statues...aside of course the ones I've built and painted
              Last edited by Adolfo; 16th March 2019, 02:14.

Comment

Love your passion for your collection! I felt a small pang of sadness when you were talking about your kids wanting some of your collection and keeping it alive though another generation and remembering you through it. I'm afraid that none of my children have any interest in ME. Took me a lifetime to acquire but all of my collection will be sold to the four winds when I pass.

Comment

DSC05190 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05189 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

wanted this one for 23 yrs...ran into it by accident...got good price for remarqued version and extra signatures...one of my favorite N Trudgian prints.. top 5 easy

DSC05191 by bainiceheart, on Flickr..

wanted this one for even longer time...happy to buy it already framed
                  Last edited by Adolfo; 20th March 2019, 11:10.

Comment

Very awesome prints! Is that Mont Saint-Michel in the background of the second print? Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                      Very awesome prints! Is that Mont Saint-Michel in the background of the second print? Congrats!
                      Yes it is...gotta ton more coming in next couple weeks
                      Last edited by Adolfo; 20th March 2019, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post

Yes it is...gotta ton more coming in next couple weeks
                        Holy cow!

Comment

DSC05192 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05193 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05194 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05195 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05196 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05197 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

Comment

Boy, you were not kidding! Super nice prints. I have actually been inside a B-36J. It was at the USAF National Air Museum near Dayton, OH. It an amazingly HUGE plane.
                            Last edited by Ithildin; 21st March 2019, 15:52.

Comment

my father called it a big waste of money during its very short life, but from WW2 to the 60s was the era of flight testing like no other...B-29 and B-52 were well worth it and they did a hell of a lot of real action...B-47 was interesting too, but again very short lived...got more mail last night

Comment

DSC05198 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05203 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05209 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05202 by bainiceheart, on Flickr...

glass got cracked on one of the deliveries...need a frame for the matted piece...got great deals...I hate glass for large framed pieces...I know its cheaper...but god forbid if you have to ship...could be done but right techniques gotta be used,

DSC05199 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05201 by bainiceheart, on Flickr...
                                another older 27 yr old Trudgian print and 2007 framed Robert Taylor piece

DSC05205 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05206 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC05204 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

DSC05207 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

Another 30 year old set of 2 prints out of 10 I've wanted for awhile...I think the dogs in the drawings are what got me to acquire them...The COAs are what are most interesting...they are just as big as the poster size prints...but very informative...these were the top ten WW2 Luftwaffe award winners...only two had signatures...getting more soon
                                Last edited by Adolfo; 23rd March 2019, 03:01.

Comment

The prints are overwhelming. If these were all set up in a gallery you could charge admission and people would pay to come look at them. I was completely into WW2 1:32 scale aircraft modeling. Looking at all of these prints has really brought back that desire to build some planes again.

Comment

I miss the plane model building myself...1/48 &1/72 scale

Comment

I preferred the 1:32 over the 1:72 scale but that 1:72 sure is a whole lot less money. Which means you got more $ to buy aircraft with!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                        I preferred the 1:32 over the 1:72 scale but that 1:72 sure is a whole lot less money. Which means you got more $ to buy aircraft with!
                                        Plus you can buy some of the larger aircraft...try getting a b-17, B-29, SR-71 or B-52 in 1/32 vs 1/48 or 1/72 ...I've built those...I've also built many balsa wooden fly able aircraft mostly by Guillows...got about 25 -30 unbuilt Kits in the closet...damn I wish I was younger...lot a guys don't build anymore...just don't have the patience...remembering a time when there were so many little hobby shops ...and I ain't talking about Michael's lol...ah the good old days

Comment

Ya, I think it's because of other distractions like console and computer gaming, social media, etc. that has caused the sharp decline in things like model making. When I was younger there was none of that. Playing cards, board games, night games, trading baseball and football cards, model making and the like with real people was what it was all about. Lol, we would pick up model kits and build them quick. While we made them we would put fire crackers like Cherry bombs and Ash cans inside them with the fuse sticking out of the body and then we would blow them up! Haha, almost lost a few fingers doing stupid stuff like that but man it was fun.

I never made any bombers like the B-17 in 1:32. They were too big and cost too much. If I remember right they wingspan on that model is something like 30".

The balsa wood kits sound like they could be a lot of fun. I never made any of those either. Sigh, so many things to do and never enough time to do all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X