Adolfo's Aviation Art collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Adolfo's Aviation Art collection





















    #2














    Comment


      #3
      Really no words. An amazing collection.

      Are all of the signatures genuine or are some of them reproduction sigs?

      If all the sigs are originals, signed by the actual pilots, then you have an amazing collection of history in your possession.

      The P-38 Lockheed Lightning and the P-61 Northrop Black Widow have always been favorites of mine.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
        Really no words. An amazing collection.

        Are all of the signatures genuine or are some of them reproduction sigs?

        If all the sigs are originals, signed by the actual pilots, then you have an amazing collection of history in your possession.

        The P-38 Lockheed Lightning and the P-61 Northrop Black Widow have always been favorites of mine.
        They are all genuine signatures...there are several reproduced matted ones but they are photocopied from the actual autographs that I own. (those come from my collection of those that were killed in action in WW1 and WW2)...these prints range from the early 70s to as recent as 2 years ago. I had the pleasure of meeting many pilots and have attended a few reunions in the past...unfortunately 95+% of those who signed are now no longer with us...The British and US I might add probrably did the most to secure these signatures and create these unusual pieces of art as well as history ...Some of these took years to acquire some of these autographs, done at reunions,their homes, taverns, in so many countries, etc....a few of these were commissioned by the families of the pilot during illness or being close to death, with the proceeds going to the family as well as having a wonderful piece of art as recognition to the service they did...some even signed plain pieces of paper before the print was actually done due to the short time left...My favorite aircraft was the ME 262 ...I could probrably throw a top ten list out there, My favorite autograph I own is from Manfred Von Richthofen.....Pilots are from USA,Russia, France, Israel,Great Britain, Australia, South Africa, Rhodesia,Poland,Germany, Denmark,Canada,New Zealand,Japan, Spain,Finland, and a few more that at the top of my head I cant remember at the moment
        Last edited by Adolfo; 28th November 2018, 12:31.

        Comment


          #5
          You have a volume of prints to fill a museum. Incredible collection!!

          I just read a very brief biography of Richthofen. An amazing pilot. Died very young if I remember correctly. Cool you have his autograph.

          I have always been partial to the F4-U Corsair and the P-51 Mustang.
          https://www.etsy.com/shop/FunctionalMud

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Functional Mud View Post
            You have a volume of prints to fill a museum. Incredible collection!!

            I just read a very brief biography of Richthofen. An amazing pilot. Died very young if I remember correctly. Cool you have his autograph.

            I have always been partial to the F4-U Corsair and the P-51 Mustang.
            My dream was to open up a nice restaurant with these prints on the wall....unfortunately Sept 2008 changed those plans

            Comment


              #7
              What an amazing collection!!

              Shoots my humble collection out of the air.

              While I do have a nice number of autographed aviation/space themed prints and photos, I also have an extensive collection of autographed books by the authors and the pilots/astronauts who were the basis for the books.

              I'll definitely be visiting this thread again, from time to time. As an aviation nut, I'm totally blown away by your collection, Adolfo.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Adolfo View Post

                They are all genuine signatures...there are several reproduced matted ones but they are photocopied from the actual autographs that I own. (those come from my collection of those that were killed in action in WW1 and WW2)...these prints range from the early 70s to as recent as 2 years ago. I had the pleasure of meeting many pilots and have attended a few reunions in the past...unfortunately 95+% of those who signed are now no longer with us...The British and US I might add probrably did the most to secure these signatures and create these unusual pieces of art...as well as history and some of these took years to acquire some of these autographs, done at reunions,their homes, taverns, etc....a few of these were commissioned by the families of the pilot during illness or being close to death, with the proceeds going to the family as well as having a wonderful piece of art as recognition to the service they did...some even signed plain pieces of paper before the print was actually done due to the short time left...My favorite aircraft was the ME 262 ...I could probrably throw a top ten list out there, My favorite autograph I own is from Manfred Von Richthofen.....Pilots are from USA,Russia, France, Israel,Great Britain, Australia, South Africa, Rhodesia,Poland,Germany, Denmark,Canada,New Zealand,Japan, Spain,Finland, and a few more that at the top of my head I cant remember at the moment
                Thanks for the replay Adolfo.

                It really is an amazing collection of art and history that you have in your possession. What a legacy to leave to your children.

                I'll definitely be coming back to look at these over and over again.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Adolfo like others have stated before me,I have to say that you don't see such a larg en special collection that often on forums,big congratulations with this unique and one of a kind collection.
                  I say cherisch this beautiful treasure for your lifetime.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Woooow! That's amazing!
                    I really like that as I love jets and warships too! But I don't have prints, I mostly build them ;-)
                    I especially love the paints with the ships... and I saw a nice one with the swiss alps behind with a Messerschmitt in front (Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau)

                    Comment


                      #11

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just acquired this older 1979 print signed by Jimmy Doolittle and 26 other Tokyo raiders
                        Last edited by Adolfo; 11th November 2018, 15:06.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Wow, that's really nice!

                          Another great addition to your already amazing collection.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Nice! Having no experience with this I assume it's a one-of-a-kind piece.

                            Comment


                              #15

                              Comment


                                #16
                                I'm always amazed by this collection.

                                The P38 print is my favorite of the new lot.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  An awesome collection Adolfo and a great tribute to those men who took on incredibly dangerous missions. The prints of the World War II planes make me think of how so very few of these exist today. It always brings to mind the scene in "The Best Years of Our Lives" where Dana Andrews is walking through the airplane graveyard where row upon row of these fighter planes are being broken up for scrap.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    DSC03356 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03357 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03355 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03354 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03353 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03352 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC03350 by bainiceheart, on Flickr

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Just a few of the prints I acquired since 2017(please excuse the low lighting)...I got a few more in last year n half under a pile somewhere that I also want to photo...The ages range far...ex..the first three prints were released in the 90s...the battle of Ia Drang Vietnam print just came out 6 months ago where as the ship HMS Kelly print came out in 1978...Lord Mountbatten signed it less than a year before he was assassinated by the IRA...That was also the print that put the artist Robert Taylor on the map and eventually would lead in making him the #1 Aviation Artist of all time
                                      Last edited by Adolfo; 16th November 2018, 07:24.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Always appreciate your updates to this thread. They are terrific.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X