• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Darkcorner
    Flamer

• Darkcorner
    replied
    Congratulations Bill, looks great. Amazing pics and such a splendid work by Leo!

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by Levidas View Post
    Congrats once again Bill, fantastic photos of a fantastic environment
    Thanks Levidas, I totally agree, it is indeed a fantastic environment. The photos on the other hand, maybe not so much.

Originally posted by Anduin View Post
    My congratulation to your Doors of Durin.
    The pictures looks fantastic.
    Thanks Anduin, I had such high expectations for this piece and Leo really pulled it out of the bag. I can't say enough good things
    about this environment. I couldn't be more delighted with it.

Glad you like the shots.
    Last edited by bill59; 5 December 2021, 08:12.

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by bishop View Post
    Beautiful surroundings, amazing pictures.

Congratulations Bill.
    Thanks bishop, it's a wonderful piece. I love it.

Originally posted by Plat View Post
    Thank you for this great pictures.
    You are so welcome Plat, I'm so glad you like them. It's a pleasure to share them with you.

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
    Great pictures Bill! Really does the piece justice.
    Thanks TMcLim, for the kind comments. I did try to do it justice, but pictures can only say so much, I'm afraid.
    It can only really be appreciated for the fantastic piece it is when you get it in your hands. Leo did a great job on it.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
    It sure is awesome, bill. Excellent photos as always.

I have been taking photos with my new camera (Nikon D3300), well it's new to me and I can tell you that it is not easy to get shots like this. But I will keep plodding and learning along the way.

Thanks Ithildin, I appreciate you kind comment. I just keep plodding away and learning as I go along myself.

Leave a comment:

• Anduin
    replied
    My congratulation to your Doors of Durin.
    The pictures looks fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Levidas
    replied
    Congrats once again Bill, fantastic photos of a fantastic environment

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    It sure is awesome, bill. Excellent photos as always.

I have been taking photos with my new camera (Nikon D3300), well it's new to me and I can tell you that it is not easy to get shots like this. But I will keep plodding and learning along the way.

Leave a comment:

• TMcLim
    replied
    Great pictures Bill! Really does the piece justice.

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    Thank you for this great pictures.

Leave a comment:

• bishop
    replied

Beautiful surroundings, amazing pictures.

Congratulations Bill.

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    My Doors of Durin (custom by Leo)

AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by Rlochte View Post
    Looks incredible! I love it!
    Yeah, the sculpt was always awesome, it was just the paint that let it down. I'm glad you like it Rlochte.

Leave a comment:

• Rlochte
    replied
    Looks incredible! I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Darkcorner
    Flamer

• Darkcorner
    replied
    Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

By Sideshow 1/6, do you mean the Sideshow PF which is 1/4, or the Sideshow/Weta 1/6 Sauron? That one was also sculpted by Weta and as i own that one i passed on the new one.
    Yes FE, I mean the SS Weta 1/6 Sauron, thanks for sharing your decision. I'm contemplating as I liked the paint job better on the latest 1/6 by Weta, with a light up feature along with the probability of an alliance line up so...bit constrained with budget so might need to make some room

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Thanks, Darkcorner. Yeah, I do have the SSW Sauron and of course the SS 1/4 PF version too. However, I just couldn't pass on the Weta 1/6 version, so yeah he is ordered. I will he holding onto all 3. They each, in their own way, have a place in my heart and in my collection.
    Awesome Bill, they're all great poses and statues.

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post
    It's fantastic Bill, Amazing skills you have. Yes, the new Weta Sauron looks very impressive with the paint job. Do you have the SS 1:6 as well? Will you end up with 3 Saurons then?
    I'll bet getting the new Weta Sauron, so considering letting go of SS 1:6, still a bit confused
    Thanks, Darkcorner. Yeah, I do have the SSW Sauron and of course the SS 1/4 PF version too. However, I just couldn't pass on the Weta 1/6 version, so yeah he is ordered. I will he holding onto all 3. They each, in their own way, have a place in my heart and in my collection.
    Last edited by bill59; 3 November 2021, 04:38.

Leave a comment:

• FrodoEyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post
    It's fantastic Bill, Amazing skills you have. Yes, the new Weta Sauron looks very impressive with the paint job. Do you have the SS 1:6 as well? Will you end up with 3 Saurons then?
    I'll bet getting the new Weta Sauron, so considering letting go of SS 1:6, still a bit confused
    By Sideshow 1/6, do you mean the Sideshow PF which is 1/4, or the Sideshow/Weta 1/6 Sauron? That one was also sculpted by Weta and as i own that one i passed on the new one.

Leave a comment:

• Darkcorner
    Flamer

• Darkcorner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by Levidas View Post

Fantastic job then, it's absolutely spectacular
    I think it's the fantastic sculpt that make it look so good Levidas rather than my repaint to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Levidas
    replied
    Originally posted by bill59 View Post
    Thanks Levidas. Yeah, I am quite happy with how it turned out. Yes, I did the repaint myself. I'm glad you like it.
    Fantastic job then, it's absolutely spectacular

Leave a comment:

• bill59
    replied
    Originally posted by Clintwood View Post
    WOW ... looks really wonderful ... great job
    Thanks, Clintwood. Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
    Awesome! Your repaint is a HUGE improvement over the original paint. I never liked that orange effect that they painted on him and he is one impressive statue now. Nicely done.
    Thanks, Ithildin. Yeah, that orange effect just didn't work for me. The armor looked plastic too. I'm quite happy with my repaint but I know the new Weta 1/6 one will blow it out of the water.

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Awesome! Your repaint is a HUGE improvement over the original paint. I never liked that orange effect that they painted on him and he is one impressive statue now. Nicely done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X