X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful!!!
    Congratulations,

Comment

Looks good Bill, were you not happy with the original, was it too dark? I don't own the PF, but my SS 1:6 feels a bit dark / too charcoal like, no?

Comment

Fantastic pictures Bill, it does look much better!! Did you repaint it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post
          Wonderful!!!
          Congratulations,
          Thanks bishop.

Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post
          Looks good Bill, were you not happy with the original, was it too dark? I don't own the PF, but my SS 1:6 feels a bit dark / too charcoal like, no?
          Thanks Darkcorner. No I was not happy with the original, it was too plastic looking IMHO and the orange glow just didn't work for me. The SSW original is quite dark, but I'm ok with that. I sure the new Weta 1/6 scale version will be the most accurate version.

Originally posted by Levidas View Post
          Fantastic pictures Bill, it does look much better!! Did you repaint it yourself?
          Thanks Levidas. Yeah, I am quite happy with how it turned out. Yes, I did the repaint myself. I'm glad you like it.

Comment

WOW ... looks really wonderful ... great job

Comment

Awesome! Your repaint is a HUGE improvement over the original paint. I never liked that orange effect that they painted on him and he is one impressive statue now. Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Clintwood View Post
                WOW ... looks really wonderful ... great job
                Thanks, Clintwood. Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                Awesome! Your repaint is a HUGE improvement over the original paint. I never liked that orange effect that they painted on him and he is one impressive statue now. Nicely done.
                Thanks, Ithildin. Yeah, that orange effect just didn't work for me. The armor looked plastic too. I'm quite happy with my repaint but I know the new Weta 1/6 one will blow it out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                  Thanks Levidas. Yeah, I am quite happy with how it turned out. Yes, I did the repaint myself. I'm glad you like it.
                  Fantastic job then, it's absolutely spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by Levidas View Post

Fantastic job then, it's absolutely spectacular
                    I think it's the fantastic sculpt that make it look so good Levidas rather than my repaint to be honest.

Comment

It's fantastic Bill, Amazing skills you have. Yes, the new Weta Sauron looks very impressive with the paint job. Do you have the SS 1:6 as well? Will you end up with 3 Saurons then?
                      I'll bet getting the new Weta Sauron, so considering letting go of SS 1:6, still a bit confused

Comment

It's fantastic Bill, Amazing skills you have. Yes, the new Weta Sauron looks very impressive with the paint job. Do you have the SS 1:6 as well? Will you end up with 3 Saurons then?
                        I'll bet getting the new Weta Sauron, so considering letting go of SS 1:6, still a bit confused
                        By Sideshow 1/6, do you mean the Sideshow PF which is 1/4, or the Sideshow/Weta 1/6 Sauron? That one was also sculpted by Weta and as i own that one i passed on the new one.

Comment

Thanks, Darkcorner. Yeah, I do have the SSW Sauron and of course the SS 1/4 PF version too. However, I just couldn't pass on the Weta 1/6 version, so yeah he is ordered. I will he holding onto all 3. They each, in their own way, have a place in my heart and in my collection.
                          Last edited by bill59; 3 November 2021, 04:38.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

By Sideshow 1/6, do you mean the Sideshow PF which is 1/4, or the Sideshow/Weta 1/6 Sauron? That one was also sculpted by Weta and as i own that one i passed on the new one.
                            Yes FE, I mean the SS Weta 1/6 Sauron, thanks for sharing your decision. I'm contemplating as I liked the paint job better on the latest 1/6 by Weta, with a light up feature along with the probability of an alliance line up so...bit constrained with budget so might need to make some room

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Thanks, Darkcorner. Yeah, I do have the SSW Sauron and of course the SS 1/4 PF version too. However, I just couldn't pass on the Weta 1/6 version, so yeah he is ordered. I will he holding onto all 3. They each, in their own way, have a place in my heart and in my collection.
                            Awesome Bill, they're all great poses and statues.

Comment

Looks incredible! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlochte View Post
                                Looks incredible! I love it!
                                Yeah, the sculpt was always awesome, it was just the paint that let it down. I'm glad you like it Rlochte.

Comment

My Doors of Durin (custom by Leo)

AWESOME!

Comment

Beautiful surroundings, amazing pictures.

Congratulations Bill.

Comment

Thank you for this great pictures.

Comment

Great pictures Bill! Really does the piece justice.

Comment

It sure is awesome, bill. Excellent photos as always.

I have been taking photos with my new camera (Nikon D3300), well it's new to me and I can tell you that it is not easy to get shots like this. But I will keep plodding and learning along the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X