Bill59's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful photographs, and such stunning detail in the statue - they really are art.

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

It's a pleasure to share with you all.

Comment

My Weta Aragorn at Amon Hen 1:6 Statue.

AWESOME!

Fantastic piece, so detailed. I love it.

Comment

Bill..... I don’t know what camera your using but those pictures are unbelievable! Thanks for sharing

Comment

bill59 these are better than Weta's own photos. Thanks!
            IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Been waiting for your photos and they didn't disappoint! Congrats on getting him and I'm so glad I got one too. Really a great piece of a great moment in the film.

Comment

Great job as always. This is such a great piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post
                  Bill..... I don’t know what camera your using but those pictures are unbelievable! Thanks for sharing
                  Thanks, Mitheithel . It's a pleasure to share them with you.

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post
                  bill59 these are better than Weta's own photos. Thanks!
                  Thanks, RandyBaggins . Do you think Weta would give me a job then?

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                  Been waiting for your photos and they didn't disappoint! Congrats on getting him and I'm so glad I got one too. Really a great piece of a great moment in the film.
                  Thanks, Ithildin . Sorry to keep you waiting so long, my friend. I was very lucky to get one. I had to go on the waitlist for it. Thankfully, one came my way. Happy days! Congrats to you too on managing to pick one up. He is so worth having.

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                  Great job as always. This is such a great piece.
                  Thanks, Josh . Yes, I agree, he is a great piece. So detailed and the likeness is quite good too. You know how I like a good likeness in my LOTR character pieces.

Comment

I don`t own this Statue,but what I have seen till now,your Photos are the best and show the Details very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Thanks, Josh . You know how I like a good likeness in my LOTR character pieces.
                      I do too, I have to say the likeness on Weta's Elrond statue from the Hobbit is amazing! But the rest of him..... Even at $50 I'll be passing and let someone that really loves it pick him up.

Comment

I do too, I have to say the likeness on Weta's Elrond statue from the Hobbit is amazing! But the rest of him..... Even at $50 I'll be passing and let someone that really loves it pick him up.
                        I do agree with you about the Lord Elrond likeness Ithildin.

However, I also love the rest of the piece too. I know you don't like the Hobbit stuff, but that armor is fantastic.

Even Hugo thinks it's great.

Comment

Nice photo of Hugo, is that you with the statue?

My main complaint with the statue is the shinny paint that they used on the fabric of his cloths and cape. I have no problem with the armor, I think it looks terrific but with all of what he is wearing shining like that, it makes it a little over the top for me. If the fabric was a normal matt color like real wool or cotton instead of silk, I think that the armor would have really popped instead of just making him look so metallic.

Comment

Nice photo of Hugo, is that you with the statue?
                            Yes, you can just about see my leather jacket in the shot.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

My Sideshow Aragorn as Strider1:6 Maquette

Last edited by bill59; 2nd December 2019, 13:32.

Comment

Awesome photos there bill!

Comment

Thanks, Ithildin. They were taken years ago. I can't believe I forgot to add him in before now. It's a great piece. One of the best Aragorn pieces in the market today IMHO. Trevor Groves did a great job on it.

Comment

Great statue, great pictures

Comment

Thanks, wiking. It's a pleasure to share them with you.

Comment

Wonderful photos Bill

Best Aragorn statue out there, quite possibly my favourite LOTR statue ever made

Comment

Working...
                                          X