• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Uruk-hai helm (custom).

36326771546_c45ba76b2e_h.jpg

36234821611_89aa844213_h.jpg

35974617400_e23fcec81d_h.jpg

36234825401_e3b0ccc09c_h.jpg
    Last edited by bill59; 5 August 2017, 07:20.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Wasn't there some mention of a Fountain Guard Helm at some stage, Noc?

I have no doubt, I'll want which helm Thranduil makes next too.

It sure is Ithildin.
      Yes now you mentioned it you are right Bill and that will be an awesome helm like the previous two.

Comment

Bill, that Uruk-hai helm is fantastic! Just curious, what material is it made from? Also of course love those helms made by Andrew. I am waiting on a Theoden one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Radagast View Post
          Bill, that Uruk-hai helm is fantastic! Just curious, what material is it made from? Also of course love those helms made by Andrew. I am waiting on a Theoden one myself.

Hi Radagast , it is, believe it or not, made of fibreglass. With the texture and paint it looks just like metal.

I would love to get a metal one some day.

Comment

My UC Elendil Helm.

35562800903_084cb30e7c_h.jpg

35562799183_ca8005f335_h.jpg

35562802563_f4fb27c3a4_h.jpg

35562804143_17041c109b_h.jpg

Last edited by bill59; 5 August 2017, 06:57.

Comment

Fantastic helm Bill,I guess helm of Isildur will be next

Comment

I have it but have not taken any pics of it yet Noc. How about a Gondorian Helm instead?

My UC Gondorian Helm.

36202896302_ec2ad17bde_h.jpg

35535410284_d6fc105767_h.jpg

36202900062_f118c33abb_h.jpg

35535413684_9732872492_h.jpg

36202903502_927764f080_h.jpg
                Last edited by bill59; 5 August 2017, 07:03.

Comment

Hi Bill

Your helmets are great! Thanks for sharing!

Christian

Comment

I wish I would have collected those helms when UC was making them.

Really awesome!

Comment

Wow, Bill. I never knew your collection was quite so .... well, awesome!

Posting all the detailed shots of the individual pieces like that is very enjoyable to scroll through. Makes you think about your own collection and the pieces you still want to add.

This was me going through all 12 pages ...

Fellowship set 2 (Boromir, Gimli, and Merry and Pippin) is my favorite.
                      Legolas and Gimli on Arod. Great piece and STILL on my wish list. Yours looks great.
                      Gothmog on Warg. Love the Warg - I'd buy it for that alone. (Why did they change the Warg's design for the Hobbit? The LOTR version feels more real to me.)
                      Those Theoden and Eomer Helms are amazing! They look like they came straight from Weta!
                      Gandalf the White on Shadowfax. Another great looking statue that I've always liked but never actually bought. Need to do something about that.
                      The Sideshow maquettes are BIG. At the time I thought they were too expensive and too close in price to the PFs so I never got any of them.
                      I still love that SSW Moria Orc archer statue. Had it at one point, but sold it again for funds.
                      Nice job on the Arwen maquette repaint!
                      The Sideshow Boromir maquette is amazing, but I'm glad I waited for the Amon Hen version.
                      The Sideshow Ringwraith maquette is an incredibly cool sculpt - I hope Weta revisits it in the future. I'd love a Weathertop Wraith, like Sideshow did with the diorama.
                      Frodo and Sam maquette - want it still. Frodo looks REALLY good on yours. I'm envious!
                      Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format with custom helm looks fantastic. I had forgotten about that mod! Really improves the look of the whole piece. More manacing. And more Weta. ;-)
                      Your Aragorn PF looks better than mine. Better paint job on the eyes. Mine suffers from a minor case of Sideshow Eye.
                      Faramir!
                      Elrond at Dol Guldur!
                      Still not sold on the Frodo mini. I love the scene and I love the way it looks from a distance, though. And it fits perfectly with the Hobbit holes and hopefully we'll get a Samwise with campfire companion mini in the future as well.
                      Minas Tirith. Wow... Just wow.
                      Dark Rider PF - I would mod the hell out of it. Bucklebury Ferry jetty base and reposition the Wraith so he's not 'falling off'. (No offense, of course. )
                      Old SSW Boromir statue is still great.
                      Pippin statue! Love that one. Such a cool little piece with amazing and beautiful details. And an environment base, which is all the rage now, justifiably so. And you're right. It does look great with the Gandalf the White statue.
                      Ringwraith on Steed. Classic and perfect.
                      Kyle's Aragorn Tomb is beautiful. (Do you have it displayed with Minas Tirith? )
                      Theoden statue. Too bad about the paint issues that some seem to have. I hope Weta does a Theoden on Snowmane after the (no doubt) successful release of Eomer!
                      SS Lurtz PF ex. SO happy I own that one.
                      SS Fell Beast v Gwaihir - I should have gotten that.

Looking forward to more photos!

Comment

Originally posted by SSWSerie1Lover View Post
                        Hi Bill

Your helmets are great! Thanks for sharing!

Christian
                        Thanks Christian, yeah the helms are fantastic...I love them. It's a pleasure to share them with you guys.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                        I wish I would have collected those helms when UC was making them.

Really awesome!
                        I only started collecting them in the last few years myself, Ithildin.

So it's not too late for you. Mind you, they can be quite a bit more expensive these days.

Originally posted by D_D View Post
                        Wow, Bill. I never knew your collection was quite so .... well, awesome!

Posting all the detailed shots of the individual pieces like that is very enjoyable to scroll through. Makes you think about your own collection and the pieces you still want to add.

This was me going through all 12 pages ...

Wow Dave, you really did go though them with a fine tooth comb.

Fellowship set 2 (Boromir, Gimli, and Merry and Pippin) is my favorite.

I always wanted the full Fellowship in that walking pose. However, 1/6 scale would have been a better size to do them in IMHO.

Legolas and Gimli on Arod. Great piece and STILL on my wish list. Yours looks great.

A great piece indeed. It is well worth its place in any LOTR collection.

Gothmog on Warg. Love the Warg - I'd buy it for that alone. (Why did they change the Warg's design for the Hobbit? The LOTR version feels more real to me.)

Unfortunately they have not received much love from collectors over the years. Don't really know why.

Those Theoden and Eomer Helms are amazing! They look like they came straight from Weta!

Andrew did a fantastic job on them. I can wait for the next one he produces.

Gandalf the White on Shadowfax. Another great looking statue that I've always liked but never actually bought. Need to do something about that.

This one was one of my first SSW pieces I bought back in the day. I love it still. I can highly recommend it.

The Sideshow maquettes are BIG. At the time I thought they were too expensive and too close in price to the PFs so I never got any of them.

They were quite expensive at the time. I was lucky enough to have been buying them from a distributor in the US who allowed me to pay for them in stages.

I still love that SSW Moria Orc archer statue. Had it at one point, but sold it again for funds.

I picked him up only a few years ago. Quite expensive. But I had to have him and his buddy the Orc Swordsman in my collection.

Nice job on the Arwen maquette repaint!

Thanks Dave, unfortunately I couldn't get the Liv likeness, but at least it is a good deal better than the Sideshow production paint job, IMHO.

The Sideshow Boromir maquette is amazing, but I'm glad I waited for the Amon Hen version.

He is a great piece Dave. The pose, detail and paint is fantastic. I wouldn't part with him. However, I am very much looking forward to the new Weta Amor Hen version arriving at my door.

The Sideshow Ringwraith maquette is an incredibly cool sculpt - I hope Weta revisits it in the future. I'd love a Weathertop Wraith, like Sideshow did with the diorama.

I really can't fault any of the Sideshow Maquettes (apart from the likeness on the Arwen one). They are fantastic IMHO. I would have liked to pick up the Sideshow Weathertop diorama exclusive when it first came out. But that ship has long since sailed.

Frodo and Sam maquette - want it still. Frodo looks REALLY good on yours. I'm envious!

This one is super detailed and the Frodo likeness is very good too. Sam not so much though. It didn't seem to go down too well with collectors. I think we were hoping for them in Fellowship gear and were disappointed they were in the Orc gear.

Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format with custom helm looks fantastic. I had forgotten about that mod! Really improves the look of the whole piece. More manacing. And more Weta. ;-)

Thanks Dave, yeah I though it would add a little something to the piece. I think it turned out well enough.

Your Aragorn PF looks better than mine. Better paint job on the eyes. Mine suffers from a minor case of Sideshow Eye.

I love this PF. I did a little custom job on the eyes and a few other bits. I was so disappointed Sideshow didn't have the paint as the prototype, which I thought was awesome. I'm very happy with mine now though.

Faramir!

I just could not let this one go by without picking it up. After all it was the first of the return of the LOTR line for Weta. I can't tell you haw happy I am to see Weta producing such wonderful LOTR pieces again.

Elrond at Dol Guldur!

You may know I don't really intend collecting The Hobbit stuff. However, when I saw the likeness on the Lord Elrond at Dol Guldur, I knew I just had to have it. Weta did an awesome job all-round on this piece.

Still not sold on the Frodo mini. I love the scene and I love the way it looks from a distance, though. And it fits perfectly with the Hobbit holes and hopefully we'll get a Samwise with campfire companion mini in the future as well.

A Sam companion piece for the mini Frodo is a hope of mine too, Dave. Would you be tempted to get them if Weta did produce a mini companion Sam?

Minas Tirith. Wow... Just wow.

Wow! indeed. No more need to be said, this piece speaks for itself.

Dark Rider PF - I would mod the hell out of it. Bucklebury Ferry jetty base and reposition the Wraith so he's not 'falling off'. (No offense, of course. )

No offence taken Dave. It's the position of the sword on the exclusive that I find jarring on this piece. I have often though of doing a custom job on it. However, it does have a presence to it.

Old SSW Boromir statue is still great.

The clothing detail on him in fantastic and I like the understated pose too. Not so gone on the likeness though, but I can live with that.

Pippin statue! Love that one. Such a cool little piece with amazing and beautiful details. And an environment base, which is all the rage now, justifiably so. And you're right. It does look great with the Gandalf the White statue.

I could never understand the lack of love for Pippin myself. I for one love this piece. Okay, I would still love a Pippin in Fellowship gear, but this piece is fantastic in its own right IMHO. Yeah, I am more inclined to display him with the SSW Gandalf the White as apposed to with the rest of the SSW Fellowship pieces.

Ringwraith on Steed. Classic and perfect.

This one was my very first purchase directly from Sideshow, back in the day. 'Perfect' is how I would describe too, Dave.

Kyle's Aragorn Tomb is beautiful. (Do you have it displayed with Minas Tirith? )

Aragorn Tomb is a great piece. Kyle did a fantastic job on it. I'm so glad I have one. Kyle is a great artist and a wonderful guy.

Theoden statue. Too bad about the paint issues that some seem to have. I hope Weta does a Theoden on Snowmane after the (no doubt) successful release of Eomer!

The SSW Theoden is a very nice piece IMHO. However, I agree with you, a Theoden on Snowmane is a piece Weta needs to produce. It would be a must buy for me.

SS Lurtz PF ex. SO happy I own that one.

He is a great piece to have. Sideshow did a great job on him. I generally like to display him with his bow. It reminded me of the Amor Hen scene better.

SS Fell Beast v Gwaihir - I should have gotten that.

I only pick that one recently Dave. It can be quite pricy these days. It is a dynamic piece. It's a real space hog though, but well worth its place in my LOTR collection. So awesome.

Looking forward to more photos!

There are indeed more to come Dave. Just need the time and conditions to be right. I normally use my wife's dressing table with a black sheet over it and the light from my bedroom window.
                        Last edited by bill59; 2 August 2016, 23:51.

Comment

My Weta Saruman at Dol Guldur 1/6 Statue

36234642111_400ee5b40d_h.jpg

35535474064_e6a4283d13_h.jpg

36202991722_f183cced72_h.jpg

35535472564_b840d74654_h.jpg

36234637711_824a968f6b_h.jpg
                          Last edited by bill59; 5 August 2017, 07:14.

Comment

Great pictures from Saruman.Especially the last one.Very good Likeness.Exact Christopher Lee

Comment

Thanks Orc from Morc, glad you like them. The clothing detail is crazy too.

Comment

Congrats bill
                                "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Thanks, watcher . I have had him for a few months at this stage. Lighting conditions for photography have not been anyway good till recently.

Comment

Fantastic collection Bill and some excellent pics.
                                    The Red Room
                                    https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Thanks, Red . I really need a man cave. So much stuff, so little space .

Comment

The likeness is really great! Wonderful statue! Congrats Bill

Comment

Great photos Bill. Do you display these altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                          X