Orc from Morc - Pictures of my Collectibles - New: PIPE STAFF OF GANDALF THE GREY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orc from Morc View Post

Good descision. You will not regret it.Hope yours will have also have a wall bracket.
    I read that you get one, if you ask the customer service.
    Ordered now

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

I read that you get one, if you ask the customer service.
      Ordered now
      Congrats.
      As I wrote above.Be careful when putting the Pipe in the Staff. Scratch sensitive.I had to use a little color on the Pipe after I removed it from the Staff
      Now I have sealed the Pipe with Polyurethane Matt Varnish to protect the surface.

Comment

Thank you,
        I've been waiting for a good offer for a long time and I really didn't want to pay nearly 450€. That idea with the Polyurethane Matt Varnish is a very good idea, can you please give me the name?

Comment

It's : Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish.

Comment

It's : Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish.
            Thank you my friend

Comment

Is it just me, or does the pipe on Wetas staff stick up farther than the UC version? It looks like the UC version has the pipe cradled lower down into the head of the staff.

Weta

UC

I don't know which one is more screen accurate but personally, I like the look of the pipe being lower down into the head of the staff.

Comment

I think these are subtleties that can be safely overlooked. The UC tobacco pipe also has a different shape than that of Weta.
                I could have pressed the pipe a little deeper in the Top of the Staff,but didn`t do to avoid more Scratches.
                Who,if not Weta, will ever know if everything is 100% Screenaccurate?
                Last edited by Orc from Morc; 27 July 2020, 07:50.

Comment

I think these are subtleties that can be safely overlooked. The UC tobacco pipe also has a different shape than that of Weta.
                  I could have pressed the pipe a little deeper in the Top of the Staff,but didn`t do to avoid more Scratches.
                  Who,if not Weta, will ever know if everything is 100% Screenaccurate?
                  I know from when the UC version was being made it was from a actual Weta prop, but made for the ending of the Hobbit and not LOTR. So the UC version is missing the Gandalf rune, hole for the leather strap and leather strap and pouch. The pipe wasn't included from Weta so one was created based upon some different photos and designs. The Weta Gandalf pipe does fit into the UC staff if you want it to be more accurate.
                  https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

I know from when the UC version was being made it was from a actual Weta prop, but made for the ending of the Hobbit and not LOTR. So the UC version is missing the Gandalf rune, hole for the leather strap and leather strap and pouch. The pipe wasn't included from Weta so one was created based upon some different photos and designs. The Weta Gandalf pipe does fit into the UC staff if you want it to be more accurate.
                    Didn`t know that.Thank you for the information.

Comment

That's interesting Andrew, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X