Orc from Morc - Latest pics: Thranduil on Elk / Treebeard Bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, beautiful pix of the smial and MoS Orc!

Comment

• @ Vicksken - @ Radagast Thank you.Glad you like the pics

Yesterday I received my long awaited Thranduil on Elk Statue.and unboxed him later that day in the evening.

Light wasn`t very good in the room and after looking at the Statue I was a little disappointed about some paintflaws...

I thought,it were Paintflaws,but after comparison with the Photos of the Proto and the Photos on the Weta Website I saw that there

were the same supposed flaws.

Perhaps I was a little biased from the negative posts about Thranduil in the ToE Thread.

O.K. - Today morning - Daylight - Sunshine - Blue Heaven.
      I looked at the statue again and my negative opinion about the Paintjob turned to the opposite.

This Statue definitely needs Light to show all its glory.Change light and you change the whole appearance of the Statue.

Here and there I saw some wrong Brushstrokes - easy to correct, but all in all not necessary.(at least at my Statue).
      Some places seem to be a little too glossy.Especially the Elk legs.

All in all I`m very happy with the Statue. I like Thranduils Face expression.
      Will only correct some small places on the Elk (as perhaps the hoofes).

Took the chance (good weather) and shoot a lot of Photos outside which I like to share with you now.

First pictures by daylight (11.00am) and last pictures at less daylight (8.00pm)

Hope you like them.

Next Pictures are made by less daylight.(different lightning)

Last edited by Orc from Morc; 6th May 2018, 08:31.

Comment

• nice

Comment

• Beautiful pics thank u. Also for me a bit better paint than mine esp. face tho kind of splitting hairs. I think I will go over mine again tho keeping him. Stiil, wish folks were not having issues re other thread. Seeing him in different lights was great.

Comment

• Congrats sir, very clear he asks for warm lights. Enjoy.

Comment

• Always enjoy your photos Morc. It liked the evening shots the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                nice
                Thanks

Originally posted by AmberDwarf View Post
                Beautiful pics thank u. Also for me a bit better paint than mine esp. face tho kind of splitting hairs. I think I will go over mine again tho keeping him. Stiil, wish folks were not having issues re other thread. Seeing him in different lights was great.
                Thank you AmberDwarf. I think there is no ToE out there who is perfect. I had the luck to get one with "not so much" paintflaws.But although thinking of doing the one or other brushstroke on the Statue.

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                Congrats sir, very clear he asks for warm lights. Enjoy.
                That`s right.Light can change the whole character of a photo.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                Always enjoy your photos Morc. It liked the evening shots the best.
                Thank you too Ithildin. Makes fun shooting Photos.

Comment

• Great pictures. You clearly have way more talent then me.

Comment

• Amazing pictures of your ToE Orc from Morc. The surrounding and light and shadow effects that were created are just perfect for the Irish Elk and his 'master'.

It is really hard to choose a favorite from all your over the top photos, but some how this one just caught me in a trance and to move past it was next to impossible.

As always very well done Orc from Morc.

Comment

• Vicksken - Minuialwen

Thank you very much. Meanwhile I`ve corrected some places on the Elk to my taste.
                      He`s more darker now (head,legs ...) and less glossy. Especially the colors of Thranduils cape seemed to be washed out in the upper part.
                      Horns are painted dark now at the place where they come out the head.

Last edited by Orc from Morc; 15th May 2018, 08:03.

Comment

• great pieces and photos Morc

how amazing to be able to repaint items you werent 100% happy with, truly a great skill in its self i wouldnt even know where to start if i wanted to go over little pieces of work so huge congrats

Comment

• Congrats Morc, excellent shots of both MOS and TOE.
                          The Red Room
                          https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

• thrusterv1 Red

Thank you both very much.

As I wrote before I have made a little repaint of the ToE to my taste.

Did work on Head/Body of the Elk - The Horns - Cape of Thranduil - Base (Rocks) - and so on.

I still have to do the one or other brushstroke...

Here are a few pics.

Comment

• Nice noticeable touch up ...makes a difference

Comment

• It definitely does make a difference. Very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                                  Nice noticeable touch up ...makes a difference
                                  Thank you Adolfo
                                  The touch up of your Thranduil on Elk is really nice too.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                  It definitely does make a difference. Very nice!
                                  Thank you Ithildin.

Comment

• Some pics of the great SSW Treebeard Bust.

Comment

• Great pics Uli! Your neighbors must think you are crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                        Great pics Uli! Your neighbors must think you are crazy!
                                        Thanks Achilles.
                                        I take pictures under cover,so no one in the neighborhood can see what I`m doing.

Are not all collectors "a little bit" crazy?
                                        One more, the other less!

Comment

• All of this talk of Treebeard and his hope of a MC reveal at SDCC and now these photos of the awesome bust have got me very excited for July. Love the photos Morc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X