Foe's collection (upd. Jul. 21st)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks
    Minuialwen No, the handles are made of polycarbonate but they look and feel very authentic!
    Stig Actually, no. Just a piece of dark fabric on the floor of my appartment, next to the window... and hoping for a sunny day ;)

It's easier with weapons, and I'm having some difficulties with the statues because obviously I can't lay them down onto the fabric (and it's impractical to hang up the fabric behind them. Thranduil (and Thror) are set up on the bottom shelf of the one Smaug is sitting enthroned on. Dark colors, so it was at least possible to have a darker background. Not sure how I'm gonna take better photos of Smaug. Maybe I'll have to hang up the fabric on the wall after all. But that's a problem for another day. The problem with Thranduil is that there's even less natural light because there's a desk between the shelf and the window... oh well.. I think the photos turned out nicely.

Sorry for this flood of images, there are so many angles to take photos from

Comment

Great thread Foe! I love your style of your weapon images!

Comment

Oooh. Really nice with the two kings together. This pushes me even further to get Thror on throne

Comment

When I saw this at the CC when Weta revealed it, I was really taken with it. I think it's one of the best that they have done. Really like the pose.

Comment

great capture

Comment

you are a great photographer!!nice pics and nice collection too!!

Comment

Interesting about the handles being made of polycarbonate, they do look extremely good.

I would say that your pictrues definitely turned out very nice indeed.
                The 2 kings do look very greattogether.
                Some very interesting and wonderful camera angles Foedhrass.

Comment

Nice collection, all are beauties!
                  “Just Survive Somehow”

Comment

Nice pictures of Thranduil. I'd probably have in my collection right now if I wasn't such a procrastinator!!

Comment

Ha!

Procrastinate is my middle name, but oh well..................
                      “Just Survive Somehow”

Comment

Thank you! It is a beautiful piece indeed and I'm glad I got it while it was still available! Actually I think I got one of the last ones in the UK warehouse. A few days after I made my purchase it was sold out there.

So let's get to the next pieces. This time more unique ones: props from the first two Narnia movies, produced by WETA for the film production.

2 Centaur swords + scabbards and 1 Centaur shield from Prince Caspian:

And 3 Satyr swords + 1 scabbard from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:

Last edited by Foedhrass; 18th October 2015, 07:31.

Comment

Those are amazing pieces, I hope to own an original Weta prop someday.
                          https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Very cool!

What material are they made out of?

Comment

I absolutely adore all the photos of the tiny details - it's always that that gets me the most when seeing some of the amazing work out there, how much goes even into the tiniest of details...

Comment

Those narnia props look great!

Do you know what materials they are made of? Metal or resin/fibre glass?

If you didn't say props I would have thought functional weapons for sure.
                                Test

Comment

N2Darkness, yes I'm very happy about it. In comparison to the LotR pieces in a similar auction, these pieces were very affordable. Still, I hope to get my hands on LotR props one day. *dreaming*

Ithildin & Aragorn: The Satyr swords have aluminium blades and cast resin handles, the scabbard too is cast resin. The Centaur swords + shield + scabbards are all resin.

Shi: I agree. That's why I love the art books so much (I guess we both do ;-)). I just love looking at all these details!

Comment

Nice

It's such a treat to be able to get hold of something coming out of the weta workshop.

Lucky guy!

Originally posted by Foedhrass View Post
                                    N2Darkness, yes I'm very happy about it. In comparison to the LotR pieces in a similar auction, these pieces were very affordable. Still, I hope to get my hands on LotR props one day. *dreaming*

Ithildin & Aragorn: The Satyr swords have aluminium blades and cast resin handles, the scabbard too is cast resin. The Centaur swords + shield + scabbards are all resin.

Shi: I agree. That's why I love the art books so much (I guess we both do ;-)). I just love looking at all these details!
                                    Test

Comment

And another UC sword: the sword of Eowyn.

Comment

It's a wonderful piece and I wish UC would give us some new LOTR steel soon.

Comment

LOVE this one! Thanks for sharing Foe!
                                          My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Working...
                                          X