Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis’s Sanctuary

Hi all!

I’ve been collecting properly for about 15 years, last 10 years higher end stuff. Pretty exclusively Lord of the Rings, but with a little bit of Marvel and manga/anime thrown in for good measure.

My LOTR collection is an eclectic mix of statues, environments, prop replicas and artwork, not as extensive as some others but I’m really happy with what I have.

Last year my girlfriend and I bought a house, which needed a lot of work doing, but I have finally been able to wrangle a spare room for all my Middle-earth goodies!

As a bit of fun, I thought I’d post pics today of how the room is setup currently, then my plan is every few days photograph a particular piece at random and add it to the display. There’s still some things that need framing, lighting needs hooking up and a few other bits, and I’ll probably ask for advice along the way as I’m not 100% yet on where a few things will finally rest. I just thought this way might keep things interesting and you guys guessing!

Anyway thanks for looking and all the best!

image_15327.jpg

CE213927-32A1-4C1E-B50E-3A7A02247E5F.jpeg
    16AE27A8-626A-4800-84E5-5DB7EBFF0C12.jpeg
    Last edited by Anubis; 18 October 2020, 01:17.

Looks great so far...... looking forward to seeing the progress!

Comment

You have very nice cabinets, where did you get them from?

Comment

Perfect room!

Comment

Curious about the upcoming pictures.
          I see that the "rock" for the Life Size Gollum is already there.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Appreciate it's difficult to get excited with no collectibles in the room, but it'll be filled soon enough!

Originally posted by Plat View Post
            You have very nice cabinets, where did you get them from?
            They're actually from Ikea, it's the 'Regissor' cabinet. Not cheap but they look good and the shelves hold a lot of weight, which is what I needed.

Originally posted by Orc from Morc View Post
            Curious about the upcoming pictures.
            I see that the "rock" for the Life Size Gollum is already there.

Well spotted.

Comment

Those cabinets do look great and I'm looking forward to see how you transform your room.

Comment

Thank you,i will take a look.

Comment

Looks very good.

I am curious how it will be when the characters move in.

Comment

I’m guessing a few environments, I seem to remember you were keen on those!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the room as it progresses. Congrats on finally getting a space to set up properly.

Comment

Just wondering is your glass 'display' table will end up becoming a 'Bilbo artifacts' table. Looks like a very cozy room. All the best in your setting up.

Comment

Looks like it will be a great room! Can’t wait to see it!!

Comment

Sorry it's been a few days everyone, with work and other family things life gets in the way!
                            Contrary to my original plan, I needed to get boxes out of the way and into the loft, so the display cases have been filled already. ?

I still plan on taking some nice photos of individual pieces soon, and there's still the rest of the room to do, but here's how the cabinets look with the doors open (there's too much glare when they're closed, and lighting is still to be done). Enjoy!

FD6F090D-E9A7-4A99-917D-D6529CCFD058.jpeg

Comment

Comment

It looks beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                  I’m guessing a few environments, I seem to remember you were keen on those!
                                  Well remembered!

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                                  Just wondering is your glass 'display' table will end up becoming a 'Bilbo artifacts' table. Looks like a very cozy room. All the best in your setting up.
                                  It’s almost predictable now that every empty display coffee table is going to be a ‘Bilbo table’. But you’re correct. Just need to pop everything in. Although I’m still on the lookout for a nice wooden one. The metal one is just a stand in for now.

Comment

Brilliant display.
                                    The environments stand out really nicely against the dark wood background. I had no idea Barad-dur was that huge!

Comment

Fantastic display.
                                      My congratulation.
                                      The Argonath. Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by FuriousSimian View Post
                                        Brilliant display.
                                        The environments stand out really nicely against the dark wood background. I had no idea Barad-dur was that huge!
                                        Yeah my girlfriend (who really likes the environments) was like "I'd forgotten how big Barad-Dur was." It's certainly a centrepiece.

While it's certainly been rewarding filling out these displays, it's thrown one thing into sharp relief, and that's that I'm out of room already. Not sure what I'm doing when Weta release Lothlorien or the Black Gates or any other large environments (let alone more HoHos). Not only that I have LOTS more books to go out somewhere.

I can fit another cabinet on that wall with 24cm to spare, so it would be a perfect fit, but that would mean moving the items from either side, which would mean moving the rest of the room around.
                                        Last edited by Anubis; 29 October 2020, 04:57.

Comment

Working...
                                        X