Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clintwood View Post
    One with dust, one without

At first I also thought that the one on the right is a repaint.

But if both are really original and have never been displayed, then the difference is very clear and very questionable ...
    Well one is a low edition number and the other is higher, it's possible that as they were painting they inadvertently got lighter or darker as they went. Seems odd though you'd think bthey would have a master to go off of.
    argonathfbanner by

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

Well one is a low edition number and the other is higher, it's possible that as they were painting they inadvertently got lighter or darker as they went. Seems odd though you'd think bthey would have a master to go off of.
      Tsk tsk tsk. I guess you're still kinda new here so i should let you off, but if there's one thing we've learnt here it's that edition numbers are random. Number 1 could be one of the last ones made.
      Mine is darker, and every photo i've ever seen it has the darker base. The lighter ones works better though i think.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Tsk tsk tsk. I guess you're still kinda new here so i should let you off, but if there's one thing we've learnt here it's that edition numbers are random. Number 1 could be one of the last ones made.
        Mine is darker, and every photo i've ever seen it has the darker base. The lighter ones works better though i think.
        oh, interesting I didn't know that.
        argonathfbanner by

Comment

Ok, I think I am starting to dislike you Too many great new additions Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

I've been wanting to clarify on this...The #1 edition auction is then a random #1 labelled out of the X numbers produced. They are not from the AP list or similar which the original sculptor makes in Weta NZ and different to how the swords special 'first few' are made? I read 2 or 3 swords are made that are never sold (for Weta Cave display, Peter, mangement, etc)?

Comment

Awesome! I do like the lighter color base better. Congrats Eti.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                Awesome! I do like the lighter color base better. Congrats Eti.
                Thank you my friend...

both look good in different ways ... it’s strange it’s so different but then again so cool they are as it’s the same piece but not completely the same
                does it make any sense

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post

I've been wanting to clarify on this...The #1 edition auction is then a random #1 labelled out of the X numbers produced. They are not from the AP list or similar which the original sculptor makes in Weta NZ and different to how the swords special 'first few' are made? I read 2 or 3 swords are made that are never sold (for Weta Cave display, Peter, mangement, etc)?
                  Yup, totally random apparently. Same as any other statue in the run. Just randomly numbered with each batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

Yup, totally random apparently. Same as any other statue in the run. Just randomly numbered with each batch.
                    Thanks Valar for clarifying. MC Gollum was one I really wanted to have the last edition number

Comment

FBB28A7D-F43E-40AE-9C99-7F99152B4B4F.jpeg 36D80945-BA2E-4DA9-8DBB-2970CE84C1E0.jpeg B4165895-B285-42CD-8620-71EDA6ACD3A1.jpeg My Grail has Arrived

The Crown of the Witchking of Angmar in Solid pewter by the amazing Mike Shea
                      This piece is seriously incredible and the detail is just mind blowing. I was sweating all through the unboxing not because it’s fragile because fragile it is not but I was so excited…
                      The attention to detail on this is wow ???? and I was happy so so happy and I was cleaning it from polystyrene pieces and turning it round and round and then I noticed a surprise… holy ???? it’s even personalized ???? not only an i lucky enough to be an owner of 1 of 5 crowns but to have it personalized is just something else ..
                      Mike Thank you so much and looking forward to more masterpieces
                      Check out his Instagram account too

https://instagram.com/middleearthfan...dium=copy_link

A346503C-B3C3-40A7-B9F5-68DEA23588F0.jpeg

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Eti

Congratulations.
                          Beautiful grail piece.

Comment

Congrats Eti and what a great build by Mike

Comment

Amazing! Congrats my friend!

Comment

Thank you so much guys .. I still can’t believe I got it

Comment

Working...
                                X