• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CheshireKat's Collection

IMG_20200112_113715.jpg

image_11525.jpgimage_11526.jpgimage_11527.jpg

Hey everyone
    This is all I own, but very grateful today I unboxed Gandalf on Gwaihir #2.
    Kind of a funny # to counterpoint to my Barad-dur, #20.

By the way, seems like there is an unopened Barad-dur giclee for sale on the bay, in case anyone is still looking.
    Last edited by CheshireKat; 13th January 2020, 12:55.

Wow, those are really awesome! I always have regretted not picking these up when they were available. They are just stunning. Congrats on having all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
      Wow, those are really awesome! I always have regretted not picking these up when they were available. They are just stunning. Congrats on having all three.
      Thanks. The great mystery of mysteries- why was the third piece not from the Return of the King, with a clip from the same? Gandalf on Gwaihir is gorgeous, but it's the "deleted scene" giclee- not film #3. Id love to find out from Richard Taylor.

Comment

Richard Taylor may know. Or it could be a decision made by Sideshow or New Line

Amazing to see all three together like this. It truly is a rarity. Thank you so much for posting, CheshireKat

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
          Richard Taylor may know. Or it could be a decision made by Sideshow or New Line

Amazing to see all three together like this. It truly is a rarity. Thank you so much for posting, CheshireKat
          You're welcome. I actually just emailed Weta, maybe they'll answer this wonder question. In the meantime, here's a picture of my home office, with all 3 on display, alongside framed original one sheets.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, tidiest office ever!

Comment

Fantastic work space! If you get an answer to your question, I would like to hear what they said if you would care to share.

Comment

Alas, no dice. They wouldn't share any information. Of course, asking via a front door email might have been a little bold, but that's what I tried.

Comment

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Glad you made the attempt.

Comment

Lovely to have all 3 of these art prints. The look amazing together, and even better on your walls CheshireKat .
                    Those framed original one sheets look great as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X