Valkrist's Collection Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkrist's Collection Room

Hi everyone, this is just a small test to get the hang of posting pics here and allowed file sizes. Once I've got it all sorted out, I'll share a few more pics.

20170506_112301.jpg

Awesome to see you over here and taking part of the conversations, along with posting your amazing collection. So many custom pieces, some look really familiar
    https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Thank you, friend.

lol... yes, in that picture alone and at a quick glance, I count at least nine pieces that were crafted by your expert hands.

Comment

Aeglos

Some amazing pieces there Valkrist!

N2Darkness are you still making those custom palantir bases?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
          Aeglos

Some amazing pieces there Valkrist!

N2Darkness are you still making those custom palantir bases?
          As of right now, I'm not making anything due to the never ending home renovations. I do plan to get back to making plenty of items including the stands, Aeglos, spear and signs. Just not sure of when, thanks for the continued interest.

Also, Val you mentioned some renovations to your display room. What all are you having done?

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

As of right now, I'm not making anything due to the never ending home renovations. I do plan to get back to making plenty of items including the stands, Aeglos, spear and signs. Just not sure of when, thanks for the continued interest.

Also, Val you mentioned some renovations to your display room. What all are you having done?
            I will wait patiently Hope all the renovations go smoothly!

Comment

N2, to make a very long (and ongoing) story short, this past December I had a flood in my basement (where my collection room resides). This was caused by several factors beyond my control, including tree root encroachment into the street sewer, a clog in my neighbour's drainage system to which mine is tied, and frozen ground water followed by two days of severe rainfall. In essence, the perfect storm of factors to cause water to come up through the floor of my home's foundation.

Fear not! Not a single item of my collection, or even furniture for that matter, was harmed as I was home when this began to happen and I managed to evacuate everything. However, it did result in having to rip up my flooring and 4' of drywall height all around as we explore the problem and come up with solutions. Thankfully I live in a townhouse complex with a strata and 95% of all the costs associated with this are on them.

The downside is that we are almost in April and work is only just now about to begin.

The upside is that I get to renovate my room after six years and reorganize and change some things I wish I had done before or make more sense now.

Comment

20170506_112326.jpg20170506_112756.jpg20160827_224406.jpg

Comment

Sounds like a major inconvenience, but glad nothing was damaged in the flood. It's good to have something positive come from this opportunity and change things and make them for the better. Hope the rest goes relatively smoothly and look forward to updated pics!

PS. Is it bad that even I'm a little bit jealous of Aeglos? Looks great on your wall!
                  Last edited by N2Darkness; 26 March 2019, 13:56.

Comment

You have an amazing collection and display!! I too am a big fan of your custom pieces especially the palantir base. I hope N2Darkness is able to breeze through his home renovations and make some more of his Middle Earth artifacts. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks but such is life, and yes, I am turning this major downer into a huge positive by making some improvements and upgrades.

I love that you are jealous of your own creation. You have no idea how proud I am to be the sole recipient of Aeglos so far.

Thank you TheWhitehand nd ToyBiz. Here are a few more pics (apologies, it's a big room and I have a lot of stuff.)

20170506_111556.jpg20170506_111631.jpg20170506_113050.jpg

Comment

Wonderful collection !!!
                        Congratulations and thank you for sharing !!!!

Comment

Looks amazing!

Comment

Thanks, Ringer and Celaglar.

20160922_141634.jpg20160922_142131.jpg

Comment

Many great pieces there.

Aeglos sure looks wonderful.
                              The tomb of Aragorn is also very nice. Is it custom? Who made it? That is something I have been planning to try my hand at for a while...

And the gloves of the Witch king, is it Kropserkel? Very beautiful.

Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

Hi Fredrik, thank you for the compliments.

The Tomb of Aragorn is indeed custom-made and was crafted by Kyle, one of the resident artists here at FoU.

You are correct on the Witch-king Gauntlets, they were made by Scott Maple at Kropserkel and I count them among my most highly prized collectibles.

Comment

OMG, I'm in heaven! When I read your introduction post in the Welcome section I discovered you were a UC collector and holy crap, what a collection! Really stunning to see them all displayed like that and so many customs as well! Haha, I'm patiently waiting for N2D to get back to making props, I want Aeglos and his signs pretty badly.

So sorry that your basement flooded but like you said, time to turn it into a positive and come out stronger on the other side.

I'm a UC collector myself and have all of the LOTR products they made except for the two Museum pieces they did and the Gandalf the White scabbard. Gah, do you think I can find one now?!

Sure is a lot of awesome going on in there. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you, Ithildin! Always nice to find someone else that appreciates this stuff as much as you do.

I owe a lot of the inspiration for my room from the master himself, N2darkness, as I had the pleasure of meeting him in person and getting a tour of his Dungeon Room. That was the trip where I picked up Aeglos and the Twilight Crown of the Witch-king.

I have nearly all of the UC collection but you have more, it seems. Items I purposefully skipped:

Sam's Sword (the non-MC shiny version)
                                    Azog's Mace
                                    Dain's Helm
                                    The Black Arrow
                                    Sting (Hobbit version)
                                    MC Glamdring

A few more photos as we continue around the room. These are slightly older so there are newer pieces missing, but I'll post the updates later.

Edit: Yes, very much looking forward to Guthwine, so much so that I've been begging Kit Rae for years to convince UC to make. Also getting the Indy version because... why not?

20170506_113837.jpg20170506_114346.jpg20170506_114025.jpg
                                    Last edited by Valkrist; 27 March 2019, 17:44.

Comment

Wow, awesome room, awesome collection!

Comment

Everything looks very cool together

Comment

Working...
                                        X