What was your Black Friday Score??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber, Weta has upped the detailing and the number of different paint colours on their palette. Yes you can definitely see the difference between the first set of 3 and the rest of the hobbit structures.

Great pictures AmberDwarf.

Comment

• My Dol Guldor is complete!!!! here are some pictures!
      The Statues are HEAVY, made of metal and are AMAZING!
      I will say though that Lord E's face paint was not that great in regards to the skin...
      from afar it looks great, but up close you can see some imperfections. I might need to touch this up, but would EASILY give this set a 4.8/5
      also this is one of my FAV scenes from the HOB/ LOTR

Untitled by brian a, on Flickr
      You can see the face was not that great on Lord E. would this be considered a defect??

Comment

• This set does look amazing. So can't wait until I receive my 4 characters.

Great pictures Bslayer8!

Comment

• Some nice new additions I love this time of year
          "Not all who wander are lost"

Comment

• I got BF mini Epics yesterday. They are so well done. Only problem is where to put them. They really don't fit in with any of my collection. Might have to go on my desk.

Comment

• Idril, could you maybe take a picture of Frodo beside one of the Weta hobbit holes for me. I know it states the size on the Weta site, but until I see a comparison picture I just can't figure out the size.

Comment

• sure Min. Having probs with my flickr account but I'll see what I can do

Last edited by Idril; 7th December 2017, 13:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                  Amber, Weta has upped the detailing and the number of different paint colours on their palette. Yes you can definitely see the difference between the first set of 3 and the rest of the hobbit structures.

Great pictures AmberDwarf.
                  Thanks to you and Idril! (:

Good info re the paint palletes and even better how beautifully everything was painted. Hard to believe especially with the Hobbit Hole - even the tiny flowers are perfect.

And I'm impressed with pictures of Dol Guldur - wow! Details! I wish they would do a Bag End interior w. all the dwarves, Bilbo, and Gandalf.

Comment

• Glad to see you got your Flickr account is up and running Idril.

Thanks so much for taking the picture with 2 vinyls and #40 for me. So greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
                      I got BF mini Epics yesterday. They are so well done. Only problem is where to put them. They really don't fit in with any of my collection. Might have to go on my desk.
                      I'm the same way. I didn't get these to go with my regular collection, they just don't fit. I'll be putting them on my office desk at work. Let your love of ME shine for all to see!

Comment

• Idril Ithildin great minds think alike
                        I've had mine on my desk and i LOVE IT

YES that is evan stopping me put on the "one ring" on that background pic

Comment

• Great pic. It is just an amazingly detailed piece isn't it? How good would a Moria done like this be.

Comment

• My three minis arrived today - Moria Orc and a couple of Gimlis. Totally stoked that the two Gimlis shipped from NZ sneaked through customs without charge!! Just waiting on the hobbit holes now.

Comment

• Can't wait for a Balins Tomb if that is what Weta will be doing next. The characters, environment.... it would look awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendipity View Post
                                My three minis arrived today - Moria Orc and a couple of Gimlis. Totally stoked that the two Gimlis shipped from NZ sneaked through customs without charge!! Just waiting on the hobbit holes now.
                                Knew it was too much to hope for. Received my Royal Mail Customs Card today. Phooey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                  Great pic. It is just an amazingly detailed piece isn't it? How good would a Moria done like this be.
                                  It's very detailed! I can't wait for the rest to come out !

Originally posted by Serendipity View Post
                                  My three minis arrived today - Moria Orc and a couple of Gimlis. Totally stoked that the two Gimlis shipped from NZ sneaked through customs without charge!! Just waiting on the hobbit holes now.
                                  nice one man!!! Gimlis to me looks the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post

It's very detailed! I can't wait for the rest to come out !

nice one man!!! Gimlis to me looks the best!
                                    Gimli is indeed fab, and the amount of detail they can get into a mini statue is amazing.

Comment

• Yazneg, Legolas, Eowyn

Mini Strider, Arwen, Gimli, Frodo, Gollum, Ringwraith, Smaug

And of course I decided to buy Bag End and Rivendell a few days after Black Friday, but ok ;)

Here's hoping they will release a new Tauriel some day (1/6), or even make a Legolas/Tauriel mini statue.

Comment

Working...
                                      X