Weta's Master Swordsmith's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed them to reserve my number (to match my WK Sword) which they have.

Comment

Originally posted by hbw60 View Post
      If Weta allows MSSC buyers to reserve their edition number ad infinitum, does that mean we could conceivably reach a point where these are never made available for public sale? Where all 15 spots are automatically taken by the earlier 15 buyers? Or in such a case, would they raise the limit to 20 or something like that?
      It’s rare for the edition sizes to be increased and has only happened once before, and only because the initial demand was extremely high. Glamdring initially was only supposed to have 10 pieces but it was upped to 15 due to the demand. They honestly could have upped the Boromir edition size and sold 5 more swords pretty easily I’ll wager. So in general if you want a sword you want to let them know as soon as possible to put your down payment on one. It costs 50% of the full price down payment before they’ll start making one and that down payment is non-refundable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
        I emailed them to reserve my number (to match my WK Sword) which they have.
        What finish do you plan on going for? Also, are you going for the scabbard/belt also or just the sword?

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

What finish do you plan on going for? Also, are you going for the scabbard/belt also or just the sword?
          I'm a big fan of the mirror polish. However since my WK sword is aged I'd like this to match that (how can you not?)
          I'll deliberate about it.
          Will also get it sharpened.
          No I haven't got any of the previous scabbards as I'm all about the swords. I knew if I got one I'd have to get them all so I didn't want to commit myself!
          How about yourself regarding the finish?

Comment

I'm a big fan of the mirror polish. However since my WK sword is aged I'd like this to match that (how can you not?)
            I'll deliberate about it.
            Will also get it sharpened.
            No I haven't got any of the previous scabbards as I'm all about the swords. I knew if I got one I'd have to get them all so I didn't want to commit myself!
            How about yourself regarding the finish?
            I’d like to see some pics of each version tbh. I’d love to go with a mirror polish though it would look a bit out of place with my other pieces. Aged would make more sense to go with the WK piece. I know I won’t be getting the belt/scabbard since this sword alone will be tough for me to budget this time as it is. I’ve yet to tell weta to save me one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

It’s rare for the edition sizes to be increased and has only happened once before, and only because the initial demand was extremely high. Glamdring initially was only supposed to have 10 pieces but it was upped to 15 due to the demand. They honestly could have upped the Boromir edition size and sold 5 more swords pretty easily I’ll wager. So in general if you want a sword you want to let them know as soon as possible to put your down payment on one. It costs 50% of the full price down payment before they’ll start making one and that down payment is non-refundable.
              Thank you for the information! As a collector primarily of prop replicas, these swords are the most-wanted items in my collection. I just wish I could afford them. I wish Weta offered an option somewhere between the UC wall-hangers and the handmade Peter Lyon masterworks. I'd love to see a $1,000 sword option. Something that felt real and authentic, but not a custom-made, museum-quality piece.

And this is the very last of my top-3 favorites. I missed Sting and Boromir's sword. I was hoping to save up for this one, but unexpected medical bills have shattered that hope. I just consider myself lucky that my medical predicaments came before the preorder date, and not after.

Anyway, thanks again! Congratulations on the new addition to your amazing collection!

Comment

what a beautiful scabbard.

Comment

i might have to sell one of my elven swords to afford this. It is so beautiful
                  Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

Originally posted by the Doctor View Post
                    i might have to sell one of my elven swords to afford this. It is so beautiful
                    You mean like a MSSC Glamdring or Sting?

Comment

You mean like a MSSC Glamdring or Sting?
                      yeah

Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

Originally posted by the Doctor View Post

yeah
                        I'll PM you

Comment

That scabbard is breathtakingly beautiful

Comment

I told Weta to reserve a sword of Eowyn for me. I will probably end up going for mirror-finish in order to match my mirror-finish sword of the Witch-King. The scabbard is breathtaking, but I need to prioritize saving the money for future swords instead. Hopefully they wait 2 more years for the next release so we have some time for savings.
                            Last edited by asko; 16 November 2020, 23:19.

Comment

Wow this sword really looks beautiful. Way out of my league though .

Comment

Seriously thinking about divesting from statues and focusing on swords... this is breathtaking and won’t take so much space !! My current gut feeling is to keep MC statues only and start with the Eowyn sword ...

Comment

Originally posted by DemisGR View Post
                                  Seriously thinking about divesting from statues and focusing on swords... this is breathtaking and won’t take so much space !! My current gut feeling is to keep MC statues only and start with the Eowyn sword ...
                                  This was my reasoning when I started to order a MSSC. I told myself I could justify it if I stayed away from all other collectibles and focused solely on the swords.

Comment

Originally posted by asko View Post

This was my reasoning when I started to order a MSSC. I told myself I could justify it if I stayed away from all other collectibles and focused solely on the swords.
                                    I am tempted! But oh the discipline this needs.... I admire you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by asko View Post
                                      I told Weta to reserve a sword of Eowyn for me. I will probably end up going for mirror-finish in order to match my mirror-finish sword of the Witch-King. The scabbard is breathtaking, but I need to prioritize saving the money for future swords instead. Hopefully they wait 2 more years for the next release so we have some time for savings.
                                      How many do you have? Was the wiki sword the first one for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

How many do you have? Was the wiki sword the first one for you?
                                        I only have the Witch-King sword so far. I only discovered Weta collectibles during the beginning of the pandemic, so I was unfortunately too late for the other LoTR swords. I have been a big fan of the movies since their release, but I did not know that it was actually possible to buy the swords until April this year. The NOK was quite strong during the release of the earlier LoTR swords, so I might have ended up using some of my student loans on Glamdring and Anduril if I knew about the Weta website back then. Crossing my fingers for a cyclical upbound and increasing oil prices so that the future swords will be more affordable in NOK going forward.

Comment

The student loans was how I financed my start of collecting too

Comment

Working...
                                          X