Weta's Master Swordsmith's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

Sting and Glamdring I bought second hand and they hadn’t purchased ones when they ordered them. My Boromir I didn’t because I sadly couldn’t afford it at the time. I’d gotten the chance to take over someone else’s order for Boromirs. But this was just after I’d Paid for my Orcrist and witch king pieces which cost me $50,000. So after that I didn’t have the extra $7,500 to buy the Boromir belt/scabbard.
    Have you considered making a museum and charging people to see / handle these beautiful pieces (to make some of the money back!) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Earendil View Post

Have you considered making a museum and charging people to see / handle these beautiful pieces (to make some of the money back!) :-)
      That would be nice to recoup some money considering the 6 figure price I’ve spent on them. I have debated on loaning them to a museum to be on display in the US so people could see them. Since other than the British Royal armories museum which has the swords on display the only other place to see examples would be at weta.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

Yes, they had already ordered and paid the down payment for it but decided they needed the money instead. After they contacted me asking if I was interested in taking over their purchase we just spoke with weta and after I put down the 50% payment weta refunded them and I took over the order instead. It probably helped I’d bought swords from weta prior but they did let me do it.
        Interesting. I ordered the sword and scabbard for Eowyn, sharpened and satin finish. 10k deposit paid but the will to pay the last half as faltered for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cstojano View Post

Interesting. I ordered the sword and scabbard for Eowyn, sharpened and satin finish. 10k deposit paid but the will to pay the last half as faltered for sure.
          Don't lose heart. The Scabbard and belt is as beautiful as the sword itself . When you have it in hand you will feel better i am sure. Mine is expected maybe Friday
          Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

Not sure if this has been shared before but weta sent me a great picture when my Glamding was ready for shipping back in the day

Sir Ian, Peter & Glamdring.JPG
            Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

Great picture, thank you for posting it

Comment

Originally posted by cstojano View Post

cstojano if they haven’t started work on the scabbard and you’re still fine spending the money on the sword I’m sure they will just cancel the scabbard and you should be fine. If they’ve begun work on the scabbard and if you can find someone to take on the order I’m sure Weta can arrange for an exchange of the order to a new person ala Ghettodactyl’s arrangement with the Boromir sword.

If you end up deciding that you no longer want the sword and they haven’t begun work on it you could probably discuss a refund but there may be a non-refundable deposit that you could lose and then they could make the sword available to the public or someone that enquired but just missed the opportunity. Either way give them a jingle and see what your options are. Hope this helps.
                Last edited by Elestalrog; 14 September 2021, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by the Doctor View Post
                  Not sure if this has been shared before but weta sent me a great picture when my Glamding was ready for shipping back in the day

Sir Ian, Peter & Glamdring.JPG
                  Love it! Ian seems pretty stoked too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elestalrog View Post

Love it! Ian seems pretty stoked too lol
                    I don’t know any other sword owner that can say that Gandalf himself personally handled their sword prior to receiving it. Easy now on the sword handling references lol

Comment

I don’t know any other sword owner that can say that Gandalf himself personally handled their sword prior to receiving it. Easy now on the sword handling references lol
                      Lol spot on

Comment

Lol spot on
                        makes owning No1 Glammy even more special

Comment

makes owning No1 Glammy even more special
                          It’s like owning Glammy #1 with a sprinkle of Gandalf, it’s extra special

Comment

It’s like owning Glammy #1 with a sprinkle of Gandalf, it’s extra special
                            It really was a BIG surprise and a nice Bonus that they included for sure

Comment

It really was a BIG surprise and a nice Bonus that they included for sure
                              Back then they would on occasion find some fun ways to surprise collectors, which I’m sure they still do today. This was such a nice surprise/bonus to have for sure!
                              Last edited by Elestalrog; 14 September 2021, 06:57.

Comment

Im sure Sir Ian was very gentle when handling your weapon in hand.

Do you have pics of glamdrings scabbard by the way??

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

Im sure Sir Ian was very gentle when handling your weapon in hand.

Do you have pics of glamdrings scabbard by the way??
                                  glam1.jpg
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I love that belt. Hopefully, one day I will be able to get my hands on a custom one.

The Master Swordsmith's Collection version is well out of my budget.

Cheers!
                                    Bill

Comment

Stunningly sword! Beautiful belt! Makes my MC Glamdring look so amateur.
                                      Are the runes on the crossbar in the “correct order” or switched like in the MC?

Comment

just amazing. simply amazing.

I think I’ve seen this pics you posted from years back.

Anything more recent?

So how many MSSC swords you still got left after selling anduril?

Originally posted by Earendil View Post

Stunningly sword! Beautiful belt! Makes my MC Glamdring look so amateur.
                                        Are the runes on the crossbar in the “correct order” or switched like in the MC?
                                        They’re in the correct order on the MSSC Glamdrings.
                                        Last edited by Aragorn; 17 September 2021, 00:18.

Comment

Don't lose heart. The Scabbard and belt is as beautiful as the sword itself . When you have it in hand you will feel better i am sure. Mine is expected maybe Friday
                                          Did you receive your sword with scabbard and belt yet? I am quite eager to see how they turned out. The Rohan scabbards all look beautiful from the film photos that are available online.

Comment

Working...
                                          X