Weta's Master Swordsmith's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bounced PMs with omearmi on Facebook about his videos so repeating here. I thought Orcrist was satin and Glamdring was mirror but he confirmed both were satin. So this finalized my decision making on Eowyn's sword (satin, sharpened, with scabbard), though I have yet to get confirmation from Weta or pay my deposit (am sort of worried I delayed too long on this, she said I had a number reserved). Great videos.

Comment

Originally posted by omearmi View Post

--------

Thanks for the comments; BTW, I updated the videos so you can now view them horizontally (much easier viewing)

Re: the request about the display tables, here is a link to the display tables; they are called "Ventana Console" tables. I really like the style and they have very cool doors on the front, which I really like.

??????https://www.crateandbarrel.com/venta...-table/s615637

Also, they are shown as kind of expensive ($800 each), but I know someone selling two of them for $200 each (if you are near NY / Connecticut in the US).
      Thank you for posting the link. Unfortunately, these are not available in my country. After spending some time on Google I think I found a good option for vertical mounting. Ikea produced a product called Bertby which was available about a decade ago. I will try to pick up some at the 2nd hand market, paint them and then have one cabinet per sword mounted on a wall. I think it might turn out pretty good, and it will probably not be very costly since these goes for around 30$ each. I need to save every penny for future MSSC releases.
      Attached Files

Comment

Those are nice looking cabinets and would work very well. I hope you can find them, I can't find them anywhere.

Comment

Like most IKEA furniture, it shows up here on second hand sites every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by asko View Post

Thank you for posting the link. Unfortunately, these are not available in my country. After spending some time on Google I think I found a good option for vertical mounting. Ikea produced a product called Bertby which was available about a decade ago. I will try to pick up some at the 2nd hand market, paint them and then have one cabinet per sword mounted on a wall. I think it might turn out pretty good, and it will probably not be very costly since these goes for around 30$ each. I need to save every penny for future MSSC releases.
            Those are pretty cool and will be great to display your items. Post pictures when you do!

Comment

It has arrived! I will post more photos later when I have better time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!! Congrats on the new sword!! It will be great to see a polished version of this one!

Comment

Congrats on the Witch King sword! Can’t wait to see additional pictures!

Comment

Wow, that looks absolutely stunning! Congratulations!

Comment

It looks great! I like being able to see a different finish on it.

Yeah, these later cases are much nicer than the first few released cases. Though they’re way to easy to scratch which sucks. I’m thinking of asking weta to make me some nicer cases for my older pieces possibly. The Strider and Glamdring cases are pretty crappy wood and not nearly as nice as the later pieces.

Comment

What also suprised me was that the edition number is actually carved into the hilt of the sword! I saw someone mentioning it on this forum before, but I thought it was a joke. Luckily, the text is really hard to notice, so it is not noticeable unless you know about it.

Comment

What also suprised me was that the edition number is actually carved into the hilt of the sword! I saw someone mentioning it on this forum before, but I thought it was a joke. Luckily, the text is really hard to notice, so it is not noticeable unless you know about it.
                          The stamp locations vary depending on the swords. The Boromir stamp is actually inside of the pommel groove on the Boromir sword. Peter must have laser etched it in since it’s so microscopic on that piece. They also don’t always show the number.
                          Last edited by ghettodactyl; 16 February 2021, 08:04.

Comment

I wish I could hold those real swords once in my lifetime.

Comment

As much as I loved the look of the aged one, this looks magnificent. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by joblain View Post
                                I wish I could hold those real swords once in my lifetime.
                                Make that two of us and would love to hold that Glamdring & Anduril sword. Ach wel maybe in another life.

Comment

Wow, that does look great! Big congrats to you asko!

Comment

Yea, surprised me too. It's barely noticeable though even when trying to find it. Congrats on the Witch King sword, so cool to see a polished version and it turned out amazing!!! congrats.

Comment

I finished my Bertby setup. Added Ikea Omlopp lights and charcoal felt which I glued on. Managed to pick up 3 Bertby’s so far, one for UC Anduril, one for MSSC Witch-King and one for MSSC Eowyn. Left room for two more Bertby’s on the wall, so my maximum limit is 5 swords. I will use UC wall plaques for the MSSC swords, since I thought the wall plaque for Anduril looked excellent in this setup. Plan to use the Morgul Dagger plaque (UC Witch-King was not in stock/available for preorder yet at the stores I looked at) for Witch-King and the Eowyn plaque for MSSC Eowyn. As you can see in the photos the plaque for Anduril was a tight fit, barely managed to fit it
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I finished my Bertby setup. Added Ikea Omlopp lights and charcoal felt which I glued on. Managed to pick up 3 Bertby’s so far, one for UC Anduril, one for MSSC Witch-King and one for MSSC Eowyn. Left room for two more Bertby’s on the wall, so my maximum limit is 5 swords. I will use UC wall plaques for the MSSC swords, since I thought the wall plaque for Anduril looked excellent in this setup. Plan to use the Morgul Dagger plaque (UC Witch-King was not in stock/available for preorder yet at the stores I looked at) for Witch-King and the Eowyn plaque for MSSC Eowyn. As you can see in the photos the plaque for Anduril was a tight fit, barely managed to fit it
                                        These look really cool! But instead of the UC plaques, maybe some magnetic stand-offs from behind to make the swords kind of float might look better. Especially for the MSSC swords.

Comment

Working...
                                        X