Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Revealed by Richard Taylor and Andy Serkis at San Diego Comic Con, Saturday July 22nd, 9:30 am

Pictures from Live Stream on Facebook

Sculpted by Jamie Beswarick

Scale 1:3
    Price?
    Release?

One of the more complex collectibles they've ever made, said RT

You can find the full video here:

https://www.facebook.com/WetaWorksho...UNAJTkeJVDjYfw

Comment

I love it!

So much detail. Weta have done an outstanding job with this years reveals!

Comment

Can't wait to see Josh's pictures when he got the time

Comment

i was really impressed with this! Those eyes!

Comment

Got a pic from my phone on Flickr if someone wants to post.

Comment

Those eyes are outstanding, and I love the water on the base.

Comment

Wow! A really gorgeous Gollum! He almost looks as real as the movie version. Love the water and eyes!

Comment

That's cute! And I really never thought I'd ever say anything about Gollum was cute... hehe.

Comment

Very cool. Will this be the first of a new, very exclusive line? I doubt people can afford what these would cost but it's an exciting idea nonetheless.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                      Got a pic from my phone on Flickr if someone wants to post.
                      Here you go

Link to larger image

Comment

Wow this one looks really great ! So much details and the hairs and eyes are perfect.

cant wait to see the price and informations of this beauty

Comment

Check the nose: not the same shape at all, and you can look for many other pics, it's the same. Too sharp and you almost never see the nostrils
                          Details are oncredibles, but the head sculpt is not perfect...

Comment

Originally posted by wargrider View Post

Check the nose: not the same shape at all, and you can look for many other pics, it's the same. Too sharp and you almost never see the nostrils
                            Details are oncredibles, but the head sculpt is not perfect...
                            This would be based more off gollum from the hobbit though in the riddles in the dark scene. Gollum in lord of the rings is pretty different to gollum in the hobbit with the technology advancements that the 10 year gap brought with it.

Comment

Ok this will be mine, payment plan please weta! , I wonder if it's a new line or a one off?
                              Looks like they used glass eyes ?

Comment

Although I am not interested in scale, because with scales 1: 6 and 1: 4 in my collection I am served, you must recognize that this statue looks extraordinary.

It's a shame that Weta can not make a scale 1:4 Azog like the one I taught at 1:1 in the 2013 Comic Con.
                                Last edited by goldring; 23rd July 2017, 07:55.

Comment

Very cool. Those eyes are so captivating, almost memorizing.

Not so sure about never seeing the nostrils. When I look up pictures of Gollum, the nostrils usually show.

gollum_395_394.jpg

I was thinking it was more his cheeks were to thin, but in looking through google images, this isn't the case either:

gollum.png

Good on you Weta!!

Comment

Is the body polystone? Couse the skin looked almost translucent in the video. I don't know if it just a good paintjob, or Weta used some different materials for this one.

Comment

Looks very nice but now ijust dont need a different scale introduced so ty but no ty

Comment

Originally posted by TheProcrastinator View Post
                                        Is the body polystone? Couse the skin looked almost translucent in the video. I don't know if it just a good paintjob, or Weta used some different materials for this one.
                                        Translucent resin maybe?, I know prime1 use it and SS have on occasion if I'm not mistaken, it really adds a life like look

Comment

Working...
                                        X