Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plat
    replied

Will come but not until next year when my payment plan is finished. Luckily I got the opportunity to pay in installments. I will convince myself in a few months of what you have written here and think that you are absolutely right

Leave a comment:

• KingElessar
    replied
    Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
    I think the MC in general is way too overpriced; people are hesitating to pay so much money on only a "statue". However, Treebeard was one of a kind and GoCart will be as well, while Gollum has been represented in many different forms already. I think less people are buying the MC of Gollum because they already have him in another form, making it not worth the investment to get him again, even though he looks amazing.
    I agree. A lot of collectors (especially here) have been collecting for a long time. However, for me, as a new collector without a previous Gollum statue, the MC Gollum is absolutely superb. The mixed media usage with the hair, eyes, resin, and leather really place it way ahead of a lot of other items I own or I've seen released. In my mind, the only other MC piece ahead of it is TB as it's such a unique and large piece with intricate detail. While GoCart is nice, I believe the craftsmanship is below Gollum. Not to say it's bad, as it's far from it. But for me, it's just a very large 1/6 statue and unfortunately one that doesn't include the likeness of EW as Frodo. The biggest draw I can tell from collectors is that it's just an iconic scene they've wanted a statue for for a very long time. Anywho, I completely agree GoCart has the advantage of being attractive to collectors if all stages. It's just that if anyone is on the fence with MC Gollum and can get one, especially on sale, you won't be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Loalq
    replied
    Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
    I think the MC in general is way too overpriced; people are hesitating to pay so much money on only a "statue". However, Treebeard was one of a kind and GoCart will be as well, while Gollum has been represented in many different forms already. I think less people are buying the MC of Gollum because they already have him in another form, making it not worth the investment to get him again, even though he looks amazing.
    You have valid points there! For me Gollum MC was never a doubt, given that that moment in particular is what brings up the best and scariest memories have about reading the Hobbit as a kid some 25-30y ago. It still is for me the most memorable scene in the movies as well, so seeing such depiction has great emotional value to me...

Leave a comment:

• Earl.Haig
    replied
    Originally posted by Loalq View Post
    ... It is a great looking statue and quite impressive. ... I honestly have mulled buying another one just for the sake of keeping a backup "just in case", so much I am in love with it....
    I quite agree, and he truly did set the benchmark for quality and artistry in the masters statues.

And that is dedication!

Leave a comment:

• Celaglar
    replied
    Last edited by Celaglar; 22nd October 2019, 23:11.

Leave a comment:

• Loalq
    replied
    I fail to understand why Gollum was not a commercial sucess. It is a great looking statue and quite impressive. I do not know if the price scared people away being the first MC, or if Gollum himself is not as collectable as other creatures, or if people just expected a larger statue being a MC...I honestly have mulled buying another one just for the sake of keeping a backup "just in case", so much I am in love with it....

Leave a comment:

• joblain
    replied
    Originally posted by Plat View Post
    Goliath

5 € cheaper

I think 1225 € is a great price and I do not think that we will get it the cheaper. I think WETA is now trying to sell the stocks produced to dealers without ever reach the full production.
    I think that statue is a total disaster for MC. I own the gollum pf and it's a pretty good one for the price.

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    Goliath

5 € cheaper

I think 1225 € is a great price and I do not think that we will get it the cheaper. I think WETA is now trying to sell the stocks produced to dealers without ever reach the full production.

Leave a comment:

• Goliath
    replied
    Originally posted by joogle View Post

Did you find it on sale? I was tracking you on this purchase, was hoping you would alert us of a sale.

As mentioned over in the GoCart thread a couple of days ago:

Originally posted by Goliath View Post
    We are getting off-topic, but since we talk about MC Gollum and his price / perceived value: he's on sale right now for EUR 1225 at bunker158.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with them and have never bought from them.
    Originally posted by Goliath View Post

A shop - bunker158.com

Gollum MC @ bunker158

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    1220€
    is this a good price?
    I think yes
    What did you say?

Leave a comment:

• joogle
    replied
    Thank you my friends
    I think i will order this beauty
    Did you find it on sale? I was tracking you on this purchase, was hoping you would alert us of a sale.

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    Thank you my friends
    I think i will order this beauty

Leave a comment:

• Stig
    replied
    I know someonr who mentioned they weren't completely happy with the leather loincloth, but others has said it pretty much perfect. I haven't much other than praise from people who have seen it in hand.

Leave a comment:

• KingElessar
    replied
    I got mine on sale through The Hobbit Shop which definitely made the price more palpable. With the sale price, which was more in my budget, I am absolutely content with my decision to pick him up. He's a work of art. If I remember correctly he's about 13 lbs. I have absolutely zero criticism outside the price. It's such a gem of a piece.

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied

Dear owners of a Gollum MC, do you have any criticism of the statue (except price)? Do you know how heavy the statue is? There are different details. I've always had an eye on him and could buy one through some Marvel/DC sales.

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Originally posted by Idril View Post

Not with Weta. They are not storing many of them. They have limited made at any time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they list it as sold out without making the full edition size. Depending on sales of course.

Weta have continually told me it will never be on sale.
    That's what I think as well. They have made limited amounts and don't have a bunch of stock on hand. One day they will decided to just sell what little they have left, cut their loses and hang up the sold out shingle like you said.

I also believe that we will never see a sale on the MC line from Weta. What a breach of trust that would be and I think they know it.

Leave a comment:

• Idril
    replied
    The price will fall, even a MC costs storage space and money.
    Not with Weta. They are not storing many of them. They have limited made at any time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they list it as sold out without making the full edition size. Depending on sales of course.

Weta have continually told me it will never be on sale.

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied

The price will fall, even a MC costs storage space and money.

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied
    Yes I would agree with Valkrist, the only possible way to get it on special would be to order it from a retailer it would seem.

US$1799.00 to US$1439.20 is huge savings. Free US shipping too it would seem, unless it's oversized.

But Hobbitshop only ship within the US region, not internationally!

Leave a comment:

• joogle
    replied
    I hope they stick to their word but have they explicitly said this in writing?

I suspect they won't hold the stock infinitely if it is not moving at current price point

Leave a comment:

Working...
X