Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

On the flip side, there might be a few of the excellent SS Gollum PF's on the market when this goes up for preorder with some collectors moving to the 1/3 scale.
    Hey, not a bad idea! I love the look of the new Gollum, but depending on price, the PF looks good too!

Comment

WOW the eyes! So Beautiful

Comment

Do we have any updates as to when this will be for Pre-order and more importantly the price tag

Comment

At current prices one can guess $2000+

Comment

Originally posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
            I'm afraid of that myself - with prices on Tharundil being at $1K - as much as I like this piece - Im not sure if I can afford anything in this line

I've sent you a PM too, just saw you are in FL, I'm in the same State, glad to see fellow collector in the region.
            Last edited by Minuialwen; 16th October 2017, 16:06. Reason: Merged

Comment

I would be pretty shocked if it was that much. I really don’t think it gets there.

Comment

It won't be 2000 but it will be high.... that i'm sure

Well i can say i'm out if its as as Thranduil or higher

but well got my fair shares of Gollums ;) so i would really love to get the Fellbeast bust :P

Comment

I expect it to be as high as Thranduil, no more.

Comment

Translucent water effect, mixed media hair/eyes, possible translucent resin, already said to be very limited...

I like your optimism guys.

Comment

Translucent water effect, mixed media hair/eyes, possible translucent resin, already said to be very limited...

I like your optimism guys.
                      Yes it has all that. I’ve adjusted what I thought coming out of SDCC based on the price of a few things since then. I would think this is around Thranduil maybe as much as $1200. It’s an absolutely amazing piece. Simply for all those reason you stated here and I stated a few pages back. I just don’t think it gets to $2k. So I wouldn’t call it optimism so much as an educated guess.

Comment

Fair enough. For all our sake, I hope you are right.

Comment

Fair enough. For all our sake, I hope you are right.
                          For all those who this is a must I hope so as well. If it’s super limited and I’m thinking like 200-300 pieces that could change things a bit more.

Comment

Im thinking $1500 minimum. My guess is around $1800. Hoping it doesn't go over $2000 but it could due to the LE. I think the LE will be small as this range won't be for the average collectors. So maybe only 100 or perhaps only 50. I guess Weta knows their customer base as to how many are likely to afford it

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                              Im thinking $1500 minimum. My guess is around $1800. Hoping it doesn't go over $2000 but it could due to the LE. I think the LE will be small as this range won't be for the average collectors. So maybe only 100 or perhaps only 50. I guess Weta knows their customer base as to how many are likely to afford it
                              If we get into a ES of 50-100 all bets are off on price.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

If we get into a ES of 50-100 all bets are off on price.
                                Not a betting person but I very much doubt the LE will be above 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

Not a betting person but I very much doubt the LE will be above 300.
                                  That’s one of the million dollar questions. I don’t expect it to be high but I think 50-100 is a little low. I’m thinking 400 or so.

Comment

Well the old JH FB were 300. I think Weta base ES on the likely length of time to sell out. That is why I'm thinking it won't be more than that.
                                    Last edited by Idril; 16th October 2017, 13:28.

Comment

That makes sense. I’m very interested to see what Weta does with this one as it’s a bit different than anything g they’ve done before.

Comment

Thankfully it's from the hobbit so I don't have to worry about it. But that first 1/3 LOTR piece they bring out I'll be wringing my hands with the rest of you.

And get that Fell Beast bust Eti!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                          Thankfully it's from the hobbit so I don't have to worry about it. But that first 1/3 LOTR piece they bring out I'll be wringing my hands with the rest of you.
                                          Yeah, I’ll have to think long and hard on the first LOTR piece depending on who it is. An Aragorn or something like that would be something I’d have to very strongly consider depending on price. As far as this Gollum a lot is hinging on the price. It’s a superb piece but if it hits the price we’re all talking about I have to bow out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X