Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig
    replied
    My latest statue was the Rohan Royal Guard, I think. And I am pretty sure it sits firmly on the shelf. My only wobbly one is Smaug the terrible

Leave a comment:

• wargrider
    replied
    Still waiting for mine, not even a shipping notice...

Leave a comment:

• N2Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Well, I wasn't expecting that. I hope mine's not messed up.
    Originally posted by HeraldElrond View Post

Awww man that's devastating, so sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't too bad, now i'm worried...
    If you don't touch the statue these things aren't even noticeable. You notice then right away as you are assembling him. It's something I can live with and may slightly correct itself over time as the polystone warms up. Heck the last 5 or 6 statues I have received (including Treebeard) have all had warped bases and I have come to kind of except it as a newer Weta trait.

Looking forward to other opinions as they receive theirs.

Leave a comment:

• HeraldElrond
    replied
    Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
    Received my Gollum today from the Black Friday sale and released him from his premium styrofoam tomb (honestly the MC pieces are a little crazy with all the packaging) but he suffers the same issues as the other 1:6 statues I have received. Warped base and uneven fit where the statue meets the base and leaves a small gap. I know I got him at a very large discount (very happy about that) but if I paid the full amount I would be very disappointed. I still need to adjust the hair and leather loin cloth, but he is still very nice, just was hoping for top notch.
    Awww man that's devastating, so sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't too bad, now i'm worried...

Leave a comment:

• joogle
    replied
    Received my Gollum today from the Black Friday sale and released him from his premium styrofoam tomb (honestly the MC pieces are a little crazy with all the packaging) but he suffers the same issues as the other 1:6 statues I have received. Warped base and uneven fit where the statue meets the base and leaves a small gap. I know I got him at a very large discount (very happy about that) but if I paid the full amount I would be very disappointed. I still need to adjust the hair and leather loin cloth, but he is still very nice, just was hoping for top notch.
    Regardless you didnt buy it at the discounted knowing there would be issues. You should reach out to them.

I had another retailer do something similar when there were issues - saying well it's been discounted - et.c well that's not how it is advertised.

I'm not saying Weta won't help - but ive run into some retailers who think because something is discounted that deal with the exception.

Now if it was advertised as open box or damaged - i bought it - then i have no reason to complain

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Well, I wasn't expecting that. I hope mine's not messed up.

Leave a comment:

• N2Darkness
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KingElessar
    replied
    Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
    KingElessar i just used aquaman as an example of what i would like to see. You may find more info herehttp://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=166366&page=6
    Thanks pocketreef ! Looks like my day is shot now looking at all the threads on this forum now.

Leave a comment:

• pocketreef
    replied
    KingElessar i just used aquaman as an example of what i would like to see. You may find more info herehttp://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=166366&page=6

Leave a comment:

• KingElessar
    replied
    1D3CA179-5290-49BC-A0DE-AB03DEDB5EA4.jpeg

Check this out, half scale. I would love to see this level of perfection for ME, Gollum is about it. Gandalf would probably be too expensive but i would sell everything here
    Do you have a direct link to what the finished statue will look like and by whom?

Leave a comment:

• pocketreef
    replied
    This level of detail makes much of my collection look like toys. I would easily sell a third of my pieces to afford a half scale Gandalf like this.

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied

Check this out, half scale. I would love to see this level of perfection for ME, Gollum is about it. Gandalf would probably be too expensive but i would sell everything here
    That's fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• joblain
    replied

Wow this is pretty awesome but would cost a house

Leave a comment:

• pocketreef
    replied
    Originally posted by Valar View Post

Yes that WW bust looks so realistic it freaked out my wife when I showed her the photo before! life size scale is the only way it can work and look more realistic, due to the properties of the materials behaving differently at larger scales. But we were talking about much smaller scale reproductions!

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied
    image_366cb75f-9ac2-4928-9183-1f8c00c41e25_2000x.jpg

image_add0068e-c59e-4cec-9ebb-22347798392a_2000x.jpg

We are not talking about the same thing, take a look at the work from infinity studio and queen studio. BTW, send them a message asking for a lifesize GTG bust, I keep annoying them.

Yes that WW bust looks so realistic it freaked out my wife when I showed her the photo before! life size scale is the only way it can work and look more realistic, due to the properties of the materials behaving differently at larger scales. But we were talking about much smaller scale reproductions!
    Last edited by Valar; 27th November 2019, 00:30.

Leave a comment:

• Idril
    replied
    They looks great I agree. However actually material - as in cloth. Yuk. For me, it is the hem mostly and the stiffness in the fabric.

Leave a comment:

• pocketreef
    replied
    image_366cb75f-9ac2-4928-9183-1f8c00c41e25_2000x.jpg

image_add0068e-c59e-4cec-9ebb-22347798392a_2000x.jpg

We are not talking about the same thing, take a look at the work from infinity studio and queen studio. BTW, send them a message asking for a lifesize GTG bust, I keep annoying them.

Leave a comment:

• Idril
    replied
    OMG. That doll looks - well like a doll I guess.

Personally, I’ve NEVER seen material enhance a statue. I pretty much loath it.

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied
    Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I have a lot of the SS PF 1/4 scale statues and I really really like them. But I have come to feel that I would prefer a full poly statue over a mixed media statue. Heaven forbid that they actually do real or synthetic hair for these pieces because it would look like a doll made by Mattel. Even SS didn't go that far with their PF's They got close with the Galadriel PF but thankfully decided to go with poly hair instead. Weta got away with it with Gollum because the hobbit is almost bald.

Franklin Mint made one with synthetic hair, ouch...

Prime 1 sometimes makes statues in two versions one with a fabric cape and one with a poly cape, the poly versions always sell out first I believe. Poly will always give you better detail than any fabric. So if Weta ever does Gandalf or any other characters, I'm praying it's all poly.
    Yes it’s a strange phenomenon isn’t it? Unfortunately using real hair or fabric on a miniature reproduction is similar to using real water on a scale model, it seldom looks realistic.

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Originally posted by Moriaman View Post

1/3 GTG is my dream piece, let’s hope the do it one day, with his robes etc it lends itself to mixed media
    I have a lot of the SS PF 1/4 scale statues and I really really like them. But I have come to feel that I would prefer a full poly statue over a mixed media statue. Heaven forbid that they actually do real or synthetic hair for these pieces because it would look like a doll made by Mattel. Even SS didn't go that far with their PF's They got close with the Galadriel PF but thankfully decided to go with poly hair instead. Weta got away with it with Gollum because the hobbit is almost bald.

Franklin Mint made one with synthetic hair, ouch...

Prime 1 sometimes makes statues in two versions one with a fabric cape and one with a poly cape, the poly versions always sell out first I believe. Poly will always give you better detail than any fabric. So if Weta ever does Gandalf or any other characters, I'm praying it's all poly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X