Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally opened mine, no cracks or scratches and no wobbly base, but there is a sort of oily film on the resin/water. Is that normal? I haven't done anything about it, I'm assuming it's supposed to be there. Anyone else notice this??

Comment

Friends,need you help please.
      Can someone tell me if the Gollum MC package that Weta sends to the customers does not weigh more than 31.5 kg/695 lbs)?

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        Friends,need you help please.
        Can someone tell me if the Gollum MC package that Weta sends to the customers does not weigh more than 31.5 kg/695 lbs)?
        It weighs 66lbs

Comment

That may be the actual weight. But on my UPS customs invoice, the weight was corrected from 27kg to 45.5kg as "weight adjustment based on UPS audit". So it may very well be that they are charging Weta extra because of volumetric weight.

Comment

I just weighed mine and assuming my scale is accurate, it is just about 70.5 lbs.

Comment

Thank you guys .
              On the box there is 27 kg, if the weight exceeds 31.5 kg it will be very expensive for me to ship.
              That's why I need the exact weight.

joogle
              may I ask if you weighed that yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                Looks very nice but now ijust dont need a different scale introduced so ty but no ty
                Think twice lol All I need are 1:3 Gandalf and Gimli at this level of detail.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

Think twice lol All I need are 1:3 Gandalf and Gimli at this level of detail.
                  I very much doubt that I would ever pick up a 1/3 Gandalf or Gimli. As awesome as they would be, the price would be astronomical. I'm just hoping I can afford the 1/4 scale pieces that Prime 1 is making.

Comment

Thank you guys .
                    On the box there is 27 kg, if the weight exceeds 31.5 kg it will be very expensive for me to ship.
                    That's why I need the exact weight.

joogle
                    may I ask if you weighed that yourself?
                    So infos from owners here are:

Marda7 : ~ 30,9 kg (68 lbs)
                    Joogle : ~ 30 kg (66 lbs)
                    dagriff1 : ~ 32 kg (70,5 lbs)

I learned from my reseller that he had a few kgs of difference on his different TB boxes.Not sure but i believe it is due to polystone density or/and with the wood crate weight too?

IMO you should check the exact weight of your own package directly at the courrier office to see if it s under 31,5kg or over.And depending on the courrier if they will apply the volumetric weight as mentionned by Goliath with UPS.
                    But i am assuming you want to ship it with DPD,right?

Comment

Thank you seregon13

Yes with DPD.
                      31,5 ist the limit.
                      The others like Dhl ,Hermes use the same kg limit that is frustrating but i will see how heavy will be mine.

Comment

Thank you seregon13

Yes with DPD.
                        31,5 ist the limit.
                        The others like Dhl ,Hermes use the same kg limit that is frustrating but i will see how heavy will be mine.
                        Are you sending the package in your country or international?
                        Please once you have it share your different shipping quotes i am curious about that.
                        I never tried personnally but have you looked at place like Bring4you,blablacar etc....maybe you can find a lower price and someone who will handle your package with care.

Comment

In my country.
                          I will tell you

Comment

Just received Gollum and setup the final display. Very happy with the sculpt and and design. The hair was a little fuzzy out of the box, but per another user's tip using a wet paint brush to matte it together and make it more stringy did the trick. Thanks! I was very impressed with the art box that doubles as heavy weight pedestal. Gives it the centre piece touch. Here's a pic of the display. When looking at him from across the room it looks like a real creepy creature living in my acrylic case and I have to do a double take. lol.

20200113-DSC_7737.jpg by warren_van, on Flickr

Comment

That's a great display greddy and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Very nice display.
                                Can i ask you were you get the glass dome?

Comment

Beautiful display greddy

Comment

Looks amazing and welcome on FoU

Comment

That looks amazing! And welcome

Comment

It's a really cool display !
                                        Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

That's amazing!
                                          I wish it would have been possible to do that with TreeBeard as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X