Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Gollum, had one earlier - love it - by far the best piece i've see from Weta. Unfortunately due to space issue can't display it right now but displaying it on its box and with a glass frame over it is perfect as shown above. I wonder what dimensions would fit best - i already repacked it - any idea?

i may try to contact local factories near me who manufacture acrylic or glass - i think a couple say they can create it - ideally would like to find something for $50 to $75 in terms of its top cover.

Comment

I always thought the dome on UCs first Sauron gauntlet would do the trick.

Congrats Ith. Glad it arrived in perfect condition

Comment

Mine will be here tomorrow with Haldir. So excited! Probably not gonna be able to case him in, at least not for a while. Though I can't imagine it'd be too hard to dust with tiny paint brushes and a little care. I've noticed most Weta pieces these days aren't really dust magnets, just the bases. I mean they get a bit, but not much. Is there something that different about the MC Gollum? What makes him a magnet??

Comment

Gollum itself seemed ok but the base and the water attracted more dust than i expected. It could be the placement here.... maybe others can share experience.

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
            Got my Gollum, had one earlier - love it - by far the best piece i've see from Weta. Unfortunately due to space issue can't display it right now but displaying it on its box and with a glass frame over it is perfect as shown above. I wonder what dimensions would fit best - i already repacked it - any idea?

i may try to contact local factories near me who manufacture acrylic or glass - i think a couple say they can create it - ideally would like to find something for $50 to $75 in terms of its top cover.
            That might be a challenge at that price point. From all the websites I was looking at, most want $100+ for smaller premades.

Comment

Received mine today - simply amazing. Wonderful job and getting it so cheap is a double bonus.
              Last edited by gideon; 11 December 2019, 07:01.

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                Received mine today - simply amazing. Wonderful job and getting it so cheap isa double bonus.
                Got mine yesterday too but I'm afraid to open it now since I don't have an enclosure for it and people saying it's a nightmare dust magnet that's easily scratched and what not.

Comment

I've found a link a glass dome with the correct measurements for Gollum: 35cm wide 50cm high
                  costs 198€ without shipping

https://www.artegrecosud.eu/en/

Comment

Have someone the dimensions of the statue ?

I will try to find something in the eu shops too.

Comment

33cmx33cmx42cm

Comment

Originally posted by wargrider View Post
                        33cmx33cmx42cm
                        Thank you

Comment

I just received gollum yesterday. It’s pretty great for the most part. I had a question which I didn’t know if others have seen or is to be expected with the material. There are a good amount of lines on the surface of the material used for the water which look like scratches. Not sure if this is something that all have or if they are mostly clear of these marks. I don’t want to mess with it too much because I don’t want to make it worse, but just wanted to see if this is something normal or if I should put a note into customer service. I don’t want to complain if this is to be expected. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Other than this, no noticeable damages and a slight wobble on the base which others have noted, but i can live with.

Comment

Yes mine brand new came with several lines too hence my observation that dusting it will scratch even more.

Comment

Maybe those lines are very fine cracks in the resin due to the collectible been exposed to several changes in temperature. Transparent resin is much more fragile than normal resin

Comment

Any pics of these lines to see what it looks like?

Comment

Superficial, i am sure every gollum has. Use a lantern and you’ll see micro scratches. It is hard to see 30cm away.

Comment

While I agree that some of this is definitely to be expected, there are certainly some big ones that you don’t need to be closely examining to see. Most of the bigger ones are occurring near the perimeter.

6788B659-952E-46D2-A1D7-6FDD5BF9BB94.jpeg
                                    8D8F71A4-1CD3-44B9-BC53-6B6E49A31355.jpeg
                                    C232EAC5-BD10-43F9-A832-29F7233C6C91.jpeg
                                    04EA5E90-167E-49A7-AEFC-4DACF82BF9E0.jpeg
                                    46925BD1-8C98-4F20-92C2-0E38B7692BBE.jpeg

Comment

I apologize in advance for my terrible picture taking/uploading skills. The 3rd and the 4th picture show the worst case. There are slightly less severe iterations of this around a decent portion of the perimeter as if it was a struggle to get the resin in around the perimeter although I have no idea how this was assembled.

Comment

dagriff1 thanks for pics,that resin seems really fragile.
                                        scratches are only on surface or inside the clear resin too?

maybe there is a soft way to reduce the marks with a microfiber and soap but better not risking if these marks are not too bad?

Comment

I received mine: no cracks in the translucent resin for the water...
                                          Overall it is a great statue, happy to have bought it at a correct price, no way it was worth 1700$...
                                          I'm used to have collectibles from Infinity Studios and Prime 1 which have the same kin of material and quality but for much less expensive!

Comment

Working...
                                          X