Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG. That doll looks - well like a doll I guess.

Personally, I’ve NEVER seen material enhance a statue. I pretty much loath it.

Comment

image_366cb75f-9ac2-4928-9183-1f8c00c41e25_2000x.jpg

image_add0068e-c59e-4cec-9ebb-22347798392a_2000x.jpg

We are not talking about the same thing, take a look at the work from infinity studio and queen studio. BTW, send them a message asking for a lifesize GTG bust, I keep annoying them.

Comment

They looks great I agree. However actually material - as in cloth. Yuk. For me, it is the hem mostly and the stiffness in the fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
          image_366cb75f-9ac2-4928-9183-1f8c00c41e25_2000x.jpg

image_add0068e-c59e-4cec-9ebb-22347798392a_2000x.jpg

We are not talking about the same thing, take a look at the work from infinity studio and queen studio. BTW, send them a message asking for a lifesize GTG bust, I keep annoying them.

Yes that WW bust looks so realistic it freaked out my wife when I showed her the photo before! life size scale is the only way it can work and look more realistic, due to the properties of the materials behaving differently at larger scales. But we were talking about much smaller scale reproductions!
          Last edited by Valar; 26th November 2019, 23:30.

Comment

1D3CA179-5290-49BC-A0DE-AB03DEDB5EA4.jpeg
            Originally posted by Valar View Post

Yes that WW bust looks so realistic it freaked out my wife when I showed her the photo before! life size scale is the only way it can work and look more realistic, due to the properties of the materials behaving differently at larger scales. But we were talking about much smaller scale reproductions!
            Check this out, half scale. I would love to see this level of perfection for ME, Gollum is about it. Gandalf would probably be too expensive but i would sell everything here

Comment

Check this out, half scale. I would love to see this level of perfection for ME, Gollum is about it. Gandalf would probably be too expensive but i would sell everything here
              Wow this is pretty awesome but would cost a house

Comment

That's fantastic!

Comment

This level of detail makes much of my collection look like toys. I would easily sell a third of my pieces to afford a half scale Gandalf like this.

Comment

Do you have a direct link to what the finished statue will look like and by whom?

Comment

KingElessar i just used aquaman as an example of what i would like to see. You may find more info herehttp://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=166366&page=6

Comment

KingElessar i just used aquaman as an example of what i would like to see. You may find more info herehttp://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=166366&page=6
                        Thanks pocketreef ! Looks like my day is shot now looking at all the threads on this forum now.

Comment

Received my Gollum today from the Black Friday sale and released him from his premium styrofoam tomb (honestly the MC pieces are a little crazy with all the packaging) but he suffers the same issues as the other 1:6 statues I have received. Warped base and uneven fit where the statue meets the base and leaves a small gap. I know I got him at a very large discount (very happy about that) but if I paid the full amount I would be very disappointed. I still need to adjust the hair and leather loin cloth, but he is still very nice, just was hoping for top notch.
                          https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
                            Received my Gollum today from the Black Friday sale and released him from his premium styrofoam tomb (honestly the MC pieces are a little crazy with all the packaging) but he suffers the same issues as the other 1:6 statues I have received. Warped base and uneven fit where the statue meets the base and leaves a small gap. I know I got him at a very large discount (very happy about that) but if I paid the full amount I would be very disappointed. I still need to adjust the hair and leather loin cloth, but he is still very nice, just was hoping for top notch.
                            Well, I wasn't expecting that. I hope mine's not messed up.

Comment

Regardless you didnt buy it at the discounted knowing there would be issues. You should reach out to them.

I had another retailer do something similar when there were issues - saying well it's been discounted - et.c well that's not how it is advertised.

I'm not saying Weta won't help - but ive run into some retailers who think because something is discounted that deal with the exception.

Now if it was advertised as open box or damaged - i bought it - then i have no reason to complain

Comment

Awww man that's devastating, so sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't too bad, now i'm worried...

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Well, I wasn't expecting that. I hope mine's not messed up.
                                  Originally posted by HeraldElrond View Post

Awww man that's devastating, so sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't too bad, now i'm worried...
                                  If you don't touch the statue these things aren't even noticeable. You notice then right away as you are assembling him. It's something I can live with and may slightly correct itself over time as the polystone warms up. Heck the last 5 or 6 statues I have received (including Treebeard) have all had warped bases and I have come to kind of except it as a newer Weta trait.

Looking forward to other opinions as they receive theirs.

https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Still waiting for mine, not even a shipping notice...

Comment

My latest statue was the Rohan Royal Guard, I think. And I am pretty sure it sits firmly on the shelf. My only wobbly one is Smaug the terrible

Comment

Mine doesn’t appear to have a significantly warped base, fit of Gollum is good enough but not to the level you’d expect at the original price point. Statue itself is fantastic though.

@ other European collectors: did you also pay for expedited courier service, but got it shipped using base-rate dpd?
                                        Always on the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by jrjhoe View Post
                                          Mine doesn’t appear to have a significantly warped base, fit of Gollum is good enough but not to the level you’d expect at the original price point. Statue itself is fantastic though.

@ other European collectors: did you also pay for expedited courier service, but got it shipped using base-rate dpd?
                                          Has anyone contacted Weta about those shipping rates. It shouldn't be any more than Treebeard which was two massive boxes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X