X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elessar
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    I think the 1/3 tag is giving the impression it should be expensive but for this small character it should be the lowest priced in the range if others are to follow.
    Of course if more are to come I'd expect him to be cheaper than say Aragorn. I think around $500 is bottom level and as much as $750 at the top.

What price are you thinking Dave?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Mac
    replied
    I think the 1/3 tag is giving the impression it should be expensive but for this small character it should be the lowest priced in the range if others are to follow.

Leave a comment:

• P.C.E.
    replied
    $500 starting... I hope it's successful enough for Weta to consider more down the road. After the past couple of weeks not sure if this one will be for me.

Leave a comment:

• Elessar
    replied
    Originally posted by gideon View Post

Agreed. I would think a price of $499 US would be more than fair.
    It could be that. Would be hard to pass at that price but I just think it will be more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    I really hope he isn't crazy expensive, with all of the new techniques, he just may be. Since I don't have a Gollum in my collection yet, I would love to pick him up, 1/6 scale, or not!

Leave a comment:

• Eti
    replied
    Originally posted by Lammen Gorthaur View Post
    MaxGoof Here is a picture that Tom from Weta took to show scale.

gollum apple by John Le Grange, on Flickr
    Amazing is not even enough for this piece and every other piece Weta has released lately

Leave a comment:

• gideon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    It's good, don't get me wrong, but I would not consider it anyway comparible in price range with Grond.
    Agreed. I would think a price of $499 US would be more than fair.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Mac
    replied
    It's good, don't get me wrong, but I would not consider it anyway comparible in price range with Grond.

Leave a comment:

• Elessar
    replied
    I don't know how much but he's a bit bigger than an average 1:6 figure. It seemed that way to me. That base is amazing and is more detailed than anything they've done before I'd venture to guess. The eyes are a special way of doing them at least for this scale. I heard Richard say they found a way to do them and then set them in the skull. Plus the paint on this is done differently. This guy is gonna be more in the at least Grond price range.

Leave a comment:

• MaxGoof
    replied
    Based on that picture, Gollum doesn't seem and larger than a 1/6 figure to me either.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Mac
    replied
    I picture Gollum as the size of an average 1/6 figure given he is a small creature or Stoor so price wise he shouldn't be to much over the new Orc.

Leave a comment:

• Warofoz
    replied
    Thats a really good pic and gives a pretty idea for size. My wife has already told me we have to get it and is trying to figure out where he will go.

Leave a comment:

• Lammen Gorthaur
    replied
    MaxGoof Here is a picture that Tom from Weta took to show scale.

gollum apple by John Le Grange, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Elessar
    replied
    He's pretty good size. There was nothing to put him with at SDCC but he's a good size piece.

Leave a comment:

• MaxGoof
    replied
    I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the size of this piece, as all the photos of this Gollum are isolated from
    other statues. In my brain I know Gollum must be gigantic if he's 1/3 and everyone says how big he is, but he only looks about 5 apples tall and 3 apples wide in the Facebook photos. Is this Gollum really THAT big?

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Originally posted by Eti View Post
    Agree Ithildin PF Gollum is amazing and would never sell but the new Gollum from Weta is just amazing. First view I was hmm ok not bad but the more I see it the more it gets better... I too will be depending on price tag so we wait and see .... but that base is too damn perfect

Leave a comment:

• Eti
    replied
    Agree Ithildin PF Gollum is amazing and would never sell but the new Gollum from Weta is just amazing. First view I was hmm ok not bad but the more I see it the more it gets better... I too will be depending on price tag so we wait and see .... but that base is too damn perfect

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
    I really love my Sideshow PF but this clearly tops that. Depending on the price I may trade up.
    Your right. This has been taken to a whole new level. I really like my PF also and I would never sell it. I would like to include this one in my collection as well but it will all come down to the final asking price.

Leave a comment:

• Hellboy
    replied
    I really love my Sideshow PF but this clearly tops that. Depending on the price I may trade up.

Leave a comment:

• Moriaman
    replied
    If Gollum sells well and they commit to more I'd be willing to sell a lot of stuff to make space and help pay for these pieces , Ive not been this excited collecting wise for years !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X