Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idril View Post

When first announced the ED was 50.
    True, the initial edition size was supposed to be up to 50 for Orcrist but it was lowered due to lower demand I think due to the high cost. The price also went up $1500 more than it initially sold for so they might have upped the price since fewer are being made. The MSSC line has always had the ability to set the run up to 50 total pieces. They usually make fewer though due to the cost and time since Peter makes them in between working on Studio projects. The only sword they increased the run while making them is Glamdring from what I can remember. It initially only had a run of 10 but they added 5 more due to demand and still sold out in a month. It actually took them awhile to sell out of the 10 Strider swords back when it was available. I doubt they’ll ever do a run of 50 since I doubt they’d have enough demand unless the piece was on the cheaper side.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

True, the initial edition size was supposed to be up to 50 for Orcrist but it was lowered due to lower demand I think due to the high cost. The price also went up $1500 more than it initially sold for so they might have upped the price since fewer are being made. The MSSC line has always had the ability to set the run up to 50 total pieces. They usually make fewer though due to the cost and time since Peter makes them in between working on Studio projects. The only sword they increased the run while making them is Glamdring from what I can remember. It initially only had a run of 10 but they added 5 more due to demand and still sold out in a month. It actually took them awhile to sell out of the 10 Strider swords back when it was available. I doubt they’ll ever do a run of 50 since I doubt they’d have enough demand unless the piece was on the cheaper side.
      I wish they'd add 1 more run of Strider, Glamdring, Anduril and Sting for me

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

I wish they'd add 1 more run of Strider, Glamdring, Anduril and Sting for me
        I’d love to finish my collection with Glamdring and Anduril. I still may be able to get Glamdring from my friend at some point. Anduril I don’t think I’ll ever be able to acquire unless Peter makes more. Anduril runs around $20K plus just for the sword these days if you can talk someone into selling it.

I also wouldn’t mind owning the other version of Sting Peter made for the MSSC. But that’s low on my list since I have his Theatrical version already. His silver enlay version is nice looking though.

Comment

Hobbit Shop currently has a few Weta statues on sale, including MC Gollum at 20% off.
          https://www.hobbitshop.com/collectio...3-scale-statue
          "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
          ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Hobbit Shop currently has a few Weta statues on sale, including MC Gollum at 20% off.
            https://www.hobbitshop.com/collectio...3-scale-statue
            even at 20% off it is too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

even at 20% off it is too expensive.
              Just providing info for anyone who might be interested . . .
              "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
              ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Masters Gollum is what I consider true Masters level

I honestly think it’s the highest possible tier of craftsmanship from Weta and the only Masters statue so far which made me speechless with awe.

I’d love to see more Masters statues with that level of realism

The Moria Cave Troll would be especially suited to the techniques used with Gollum, mixed media, glass eyes with clear resin drool dripping from its maw.

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

I honestly think it’s the highest possible tier of craftsmanship from Weta and the only Masters statue so far which made me speechless with awe.

Agreed entirely, and seconded.

Rather fitting really since it launched the collection and set the benchmark for a quality not yet surpassed.

Comment

It is a masterpice and one day i will get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

The Moria Cave Troll would be especially suited to the techniques used with Gollum, mixed media, glass eyes with clear resin drool dripping from its maw.

Wow!
                      100% agreed. This is the best statue Weta has ever made IMO.

Comment

ONly reason I have not bought the Gollum yet is I fear Weta will slash the price at one point.

They have a lot of stock it seems and I would hate to buy now when I don't have a need right now, but this is a must for my collection at some point. Again this maybe that I'm sounding paranoid but with a piece like this I would hate if they do a price drop later.

Comment

They said they would not discount it and I expect them to stick to their word. Best you can hope for is that a retailer discounts it, like Hobbitshop just did.

Comment

I hope they stick to their word but have they explicitly said this in writing?

I suspect they won't hold the stock infinitely if it is not moving at current price point

Comment

Yes I would agree with Valkrist, the only possible way to get it on special would be to order it from a retailer it would seem.

US$1799.00 to US$1439.20 is huge savings. Free US shipping too it would seem, unless it's oversized.

But Hobbitshop only ship within the US region, not internationally!

Comment

The price will fall, even a MC costs storage space and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                  The price will fall, even a MC costs storage space and money.
                                  Not with Weta. They are not storing many of them. They have limited made at any time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they list it as sold out without making the full edition size. Depending on sales of course.

Weta have continually told me it will never be on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

Not with Weta. They are not storing many of them. They have limited made at any time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they list it as sold out without making the full edition size. Depending on sales of course.

Weta have continually told me it will never be on sale.
                                    That's what I think as well. They have made limited amounts and don't have a bunch of stock on hand. One day they will decided to just sell what little they have left, cut their loses and hang up the sold out shingle like you said.

I also believe that we will never see a sale on the MC line from Weta. What a breach of trust that would be and I think they know it.

Comment

Dear owners of a Gollum MC, do you have any criticism of the statue (except price)? Do you know how heavy the statue is? There are different details. I've always had an eye on him and could buy one through some Marvel/DC sales.

Comment

I got mine on sale through The Hobbit Shop which definitely made the price more palpable. With the sale price, which was more in my budget, I am absolutely content with my decision to pick him up. He's a work of art. If I remember correctly he's about 13 lbs. I have absolutely zero criticism outside the price. It's such a gem of a piece.

Comment

I know someonr who mentioned they weren't completely happy with the leather loincloth, but others has said it pretty much perfect. I haven't much other than praise from people who have seen it in hand.

Comment

Working...
                                          X