Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing piece...price and the fact I have plenty of Gollums make this a no...but grats to all that get one...thing of beauty
    Last edited by Adolfo; 27th April 2018, 14:59.

Comment

Just wanted to give another shout out to this spectacular statue! If you haven't got this guy yet you should!!
      Technically it is labeled as Lord of the Rings (I'm looking at you Ithildin )

Comment

This does look amazing, just to confirm Weta said they will never discount the Masters Collection line, right?

This is one I want but price is holding me off.

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
          This does look amazing, just to confirm Weta said they will never discount the Masters Collection line, right?

This is one I want but price is holding me off.
          Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but would love to know as well.

Comment

I believe they did say the MCs would never be discounted much the like swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
              I believe they did say the MCs would never be discounted much the like swords.
              The thing with the MC swords is that there are so very few made and I thought they were only made when they were purchased. I can't see this being the case with MC statues.

MC Gollum must take up a huge amount of warehouse space, I can't see him sitting around unsold and not put on sale. Just my two cents.

Comment

Weta promised that the MC line would never go on sale. So if anything from the MC line ever gets put up on sale, the March of the Ents on Isengard is going to look like a Sunday promenade compared to the collectors wrath that would come down on Weta. As Treebeard would say; Weta should know better!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                  Weta promised that the MC line would never go on sale. So if anything from the MC line ever gets put up on sale, the March of the Ents on Isengard is going to look like a Sunday promenade compared to the collectors wrath that would come down on Weta. As Treebeard would say; Weta should know better!
                  It appears they are in a pickle then if they completely mispriced the Gollum poly then.

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post

It appears they are in a pickle then if they completely mispriced the Gollum poly then.
                    All the more reason they need to make sure that they hit the nail-on-the-head every time. They need to learn from this and move on, not go back on their promises when it's inconvenient. I also have a feeling that not all of the ES of 589 was made. Make 100 and sell through them and then order another run. That would have been the smart thing to do. But then again it's Weta, maybe they really do have 500 of these sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

All the more reason they need to make sure that they hit the nail-on-the-head every time. They need to learn from this and move on, not go back on their promises when it's inconvenient. I also have a feeling that not all of the ES of 589 was made. Make 100 and sell through them and then order another run. That would have been the smart thing to do. But then again it's Weta, maybe they really do have 500 of these sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
                      Yeah that would make sense. I read somewhere recently that they were thinking they actually did what you suggest with the Grond statue, as it appears it wasn't as popular as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post

Yeah that would make sense. I read somewhere recently that they were thinking they actually did what you suggest with the Grond statue, as it appears it wasn't as popular as expected.
                        Probably the smartest route for them to take. I can't opine on whether Gollum is overpriced because I don't own him, but I do feel the edition size was a few miles north of overly optimistic.

As for Grond, I'm not surprised if the entire run wasn't made. No offense to Kyle, whose incredible talent I am personally familiar with, but it shouldn't be up to a private collector to complete a statue for us at an additional cost. This is a way of saying that Weta could have made that statue so much better to begin with and possibly sold a lot more.

Comment

You are assuming they have made the whole ED. I would think they would make him in batches. So how many are in the warehouse is debatable.

Comment

I think it's a combination of there being so many different versions of Gollum and the price. If there were barely any other Gollum statues and/or the price was lower he'd sell out very fast I think. Gollum isn't the most aesthetically pleasing character after all. I guess that's why elves sell well lol. I own this and it is far from overpriced in my opinion. One of THE best middle earth statues that exist.

Comment

I agree, I haven't even seen him in person but it's obvious that nothing else Weta have made comes remotely near the craftsmanship of Gollum Masters.

It might be a little overpriced but it's truly what the Masters range should be.

It's just breathtaking

Comment

It's an expensive one, but the scale throws me off more so than the price is the scale. I know the presence would be less impactful, but I would have seriously tempted to get this if it had been 1/6 scale as most my Middle-Earth figure collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

The thing with the MC swords is that there are so very few made and I thought they were only made when they were purchased. I can't see this being the case with MC statues.

MC Gollum must take up a huge amount of warehouse space, I can't see him sitting around unsold and not put on sale. Just my two cents.
                                  The swords they won’t even start making one until you pay a 50% down payment.

As to how the masters Gollum will end up being if they go on sale or if they just decide to maybe cut off the edition run size who knows. The MSSC Orcrist I doubt the full edition run will sell out before it eventually closes due to the price. Peter has opened orders on and off depending on his schedule since it’s the most work extensive piece that he offers and takes a lot of time to finish one. Even though the edition size is 25 for it I know that less than 15 have been ordered/made. I’m sure it’s due to the very high cost compared to other swords.

Comment

I'm sure it's absolutely breathtaking in person. I agree on the scale compared to my other statues. For those that own it, what cases do you use to display it in? Would an Ikea Besta work?

Comment

I dont own it but this guy nailed it

F0F00B28-074C-4935-A423-D1997DDBA98C.jpeg

Comment

Definitely agree that it's not something that you just plop next to Amy other statue. It's meant to be displayed with pride and at the center of attention.

That's an awesome room Wonderful idea with the dome too

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post
                                          Peter has opened orders on and off depending on his schedule since it’s the most work extensive piece that he offers and takes a lot of time to finish one. Even though the edition size is 25 for it I know that less than 15 have been ordered/made. I’m sure it’s due to the very high cost compared to other swords.
                                          When first announced the ED was 50.

Comment

Working...
                                          X