X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats keith!
    "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like a showcase piece for the collection.

Comment

TheWhiteHand Congrats sir! I'm glad this one turned out perfect. It blew me away at SDCC last year and I love the fact you're so happy with it.

Comment

Way to go Keith!!!

Thanks for the detailed review

Comment

Loved the review WH and your obvious enthusiasm for it. It put a smile on my face reading it. Big congrats!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with it. I was going to take photos this weekend but it was way too windy outside so I didn't want to take him out. Will try during the week sorry!

Comment

Anyone have a idea how many pieces left

Comment

Great review Keith - and I know you are a man of few words

I think it looks like an amazing piece, and that packaging really says a lot about what Weta want to achieve with this premium line.

Well done to the Weta team on this one.

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
                    Anyone have a idea how many pieces left
                    Pretty sure there's plenty...at that pricepoint

Comment

Here they are as promised!
                      Mixture of photos:
                      - Photos of the box/print/certificate were taken with iPhone indoors
                      - Indoor photos with warm lighting at night were taken on DSLR
                      - Outdoor photos in overcast conditions (not ideal) were taken on DLSR

Sorry they were a bit rushed but I hope you enjoy. The photos really don't do this statue justice.

There's over 50 photos so I've linked the album instead of posting them all here (too time consuming!)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmggt7Wx

Comment

Wow! That looks truly amazing. Great pictures and I’d say your pictures do indeed do the piece justice. This thing looks to be in a class of it’s own. Thanks for sharing Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                          Here they are as promised!
                          Mixture of photos:
                          - Photos of the box/print/certificate were taken with iPhone indoors
                          - Indoor photos with warm lighting at night were taken on DSLR
                          - Outdoor photos in overcast conditions (not ideal) were taken on DLSR

Sorry they were a bit rushed but I hope you enjoy. The photos really don't do this statue justice.

There's over 50 photos so I've linked the album instead of posting them all here (too time consuming!)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmggt7Wx
                          Awesome!!! This is a jewel of a statue, I can't wait to see what else Weta is going to bring in this series.

Comment

Very nice, detailed pictures!

Comment

Talking about life like. I was waiting for Gollum to jump out of the screen at me, I can't imagine just how real he looks in person. This is just absolutely incredible.
                              Just wonder TheWhiteHand, how many times have you offered Gollum a tissue for his runny nose? or expected him to say 'precious'? Even the veins have that blue tinge to them. Love the fish swimming in the water. Your pictures are marvelous TheWhiteHand!! The details and colours show up so perfectly. Thank you so very much for taking the time to take the pictures and place all of them where we can see them all. It is one thing to show 50 pictures of a statue that at least 20 members will also be posting pictures of, it is totally different when there will only be maybe one or two others that will post pictures.

Congratulations on purchasing this outstanding work of art!!

Congrats to Weta for nailing this piece, not just the sculpting, but the paint aps, hair, eyes and everything else. Heck of a way to start of your Master Collection series.

Wonder what Weta has planned for their next Master Collectible? So can't wait until SDCC to see it!!

Comment

Thanks for the great pics Keith. They are most welcome. Congrats on getting this Masters Collection piece. He looks great.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I don't have the heart to put him into storage.... but it must be done

Comment

For goodness sake don’t put him in the same storage area as a one ring - or a Baggins for that matter.

Comment

Great photos Keith! I'd never pay $1800 for a statue, but this one is in a league of its own. It looks more lifelike than any statue I've seen so far.

Comment

I wish Weta had been present at NY Comic-con for me to see this guy. Pictures and price-tag by themselves are hard to make the case. I trust this is stunning but this is an expensive art artifact and as such the decision needs more senses, not much different from buying a car or house, emotion. Weta should reconsider some distribution channels, midtown comics pls.

Comment

Great job on the photos Keith. The details in this sculpt are amazing! The texture of his skin, the lifelike bloodshot eyes, the veins showing under the skin's surface etc. etc. Congratulations on owning this beauty!

Comment

Working...
                                          X