Clear All

The hair looks off, seems like Gollum just blow dried his hair

Comment

Wow these are shipping already ?, looks good in those pics

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
        Wow these are shipping already ?, looks good in those pics
        Hey Darren! Good to see you.

Do you have this one on order? It looks amazing! If Weta does a character in this line I truly love then there's a big chance I'll get in on this line. It's a lot of money though. Ouch.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Hi Dave , hope you and your family are well , good to see you too!, I don’t post much these days but I tend to spend a fair bit of time here reading up!
          I cancelled this a while back due to limited space!, like you though I will definitely jump on a GTG or WItchking in this line, Theoden in Armour would be tempting to

Comment

It is a wonderful piece. Just like some of the other colleagues price is off my scale. It remains to be seen if the Master collection stuff will be heavily discounted like all else on their website on black friday and moving sales ....

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
              It is a wonderful piece. Just like some of the other colleagues price is off my scale. It remains to be seen if the Master collection stuff will be heavily discounted like all else on their website on black friday and moving sales ....
              Weta has told me from the start that the Master collection (like the master swordsmith collection) will never be listed in a sale.

Comment

Idril , it makes an unfortunate sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

Weta has told me from the start that the Master collection (like the master swordsmith collection) will never be listed in a sale.
                  I was told the same. Makes sense though

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

If the payment plan was extended to say 9-10 months I think they might have a few more takers, incl me . The payments are a bit too steep for me on the 6 month plan. They did a 9 month payment plan with ToE when that first released, here's hoping they eventually consider something similar for this piece.

Comment

The longer the payment plans the more expensive the pieces get, up to mortgages

Comment

So does anyone have this in hand yet. Thoughts, pics?

The Red Room
                        https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

I’m really considering getting this....
                          a lot of people have posted their statues online and I’ve asked all of them if it was worth the $$$ , and they all love him.

Really really happy to know weta delivered on this statue!!
                          press buy now button...

Comment

I received mine yesterday. Let me just start off by saying that to me this was worth every cent. It is THE best Weta statue I have ever purchased (and I have them all).

The box was in excess of 30kg and huge. Very safely packaged even though it was handled poorly by couriers.

The box itself is very cool, faux leather with 2 flaps that open which had a large black envelope containing three things - the COA, Care instructions and the Alan Lee art print (a pencil sketch of Gollum).

Then you have 2 drawers in the box. Each drawer contained a tightening black cloth bag. Each drawer contained a polystyrene box. The upper box has Gollum, white cloth gloves and a dust brush all covered with black cloths (instead of the usual paper). The lower box had the base also covered with black cloths.

And all of that was just the packaging! It really felt like a premium piece and gave the vibe of something special.

Now the statue.

To say I was blown away would be an understatement. In hand this statue is BETTER than the prototype pictures or website photos. The level of detail is unreal (which is ironic as it makes the statue extremely realistic). The folds in the skin, veins throughout his body, the depth of his eyes, the reflections of the water, the moisture on the rocks, the hair... I could go on and on. Every angle I looked from I saw a different aspect to this statue. There is so much going on it's like a story being told. I cannot explain in words how it made me feel except that I kept staring at it and couldn't look away for a long time! The closer I looked the more detail I could see. The skin looked absolutely real with all the real imperfections you would expect.

I normally don't write long posts so you can see how much of an effect this statue had on me lol. If you are able I would definitely recommend buying this statue. It's mind blowing and no picture can do it justice.

I plan to take some good photos on the weekend with good lighting to share with you all.

Thank you Weta for bringing us this amazing collectible and I can't wait to see what the next Masters Collection statue will be.

Comment

Wow Keith. Making me jealous.

many congrats

Comment

Congratulations TheWhiteHand Sounds like an amazing statue indeed. I saw it in the Weta Cave and was blown away by the beauty of it... and the price tag!
                                Looking forward to see some pictures.

Comment

So very happy to read that this statue came out so exquisitely well. A huge congratulations TheWhiteHand. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
                                  Something tells me you are wishing me to add this one to the registry!

Comment

Congrats TheWhiteHand looking forward to the pics

Comment

Keith you are on a roll my friend.

Huge congrats mate.
                                      The Red Room
                                      https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Great review Keith . Something tells me you quite like this one . Big congrats buddy .

Can't wait to see those pics.

Comment

Stunning piece...at a stinging price....that does.....not need a repaint

Comment

Working...
                                          X