Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, it even looks good in these photos. I can only imagine how it looks in person. If I had the money I'd be pulling the trigger on this.
    Last edited by Lammen Gorthaur; 19th March 2018, 19:25.

Comment

This is a whole new level of Weta collectibles. Even the packaging is a work of art. Amazing!!!

Comment

Awesome job from weta.
        "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

I think it’s poorly made. The Resin is so much darker than the prototype version.. Also the hair is not on the level and the base is painted too dark.. Worst for me is the leather tough, its not on the level and not realistic enough.. Disappointing for this price... Package is nice..

Comment

These photos aren't great so I wouldn't pass judgement yet or is that statue yours ?

Comment

It’s from what I see from those pictures. Just like you think its a good job I have my opinion.

Comment

Okay, that gives me the creeps! So well done Weta Can't wait to see more of this beautiful creature.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxelot View Post
                  It’s from what I see from those pictures. Just like you think its a good job I have my opinion.
                  That's fair enough, only reason I said that was because several statues have looked rather shocking in early photos Galadriel being a prime example. Welcome to the flame of udun
                  ??????

Comment

I‘ve been long in the Forum just never comment lol.. Still everyone has his opinion. And for this huge price it needs to be perfect on point. I think this is not the case with what I see on the pics.

Comment

Looks great, though I'm not sure it's worth the price. That said...I'm not a Gollum fan at ALL, so

Comment

Originally posted by Lammen Gorthaur View Post
                        Wow, it even looks good in these photos. I can only imagine how it looks in person. If I had the money I'd be pulling the trigger on this.
                        I'm thinking the same. These are not the best pictures and it still looks really pretty good. As with anything looking forward to someone with a good camera getting a hold of this.

Comment

Is the new material they use for skin very glossy? Or does it just photograph that way. Looks like Gollum have just been out for a swim. Which isn't unlikely.

But I agree on the loin cloth not being extremely impressive from the first few photos

The eyes look amazing/creepy

Comment

Here are some pictures I fond from website,as I informed,Weta are updating the material they used before.

image_5907.jpgimage_5908.jpgimage_5909.jpgimage_5910.jpg-359b765a447b4f86.jpg-42eea5d6dd0fefe5.jpg As I informed,Weta are up

Comment

There are just so many things I find impressive with this piece. Being what you would think is a simple piece in Gollum he's pretty darn complex with this new way of doing things.

Comment

Yes,more complex, but only in this Master Line.

Comment

Originally posted by proto View Post
                                  Yes,more complex, but only in this Master Line.
                                  Right the most complex stuff should probably be expected within this line.

Comment

I cannot see any faults in the last batch of pictures posted here (by proto). The rocks look amazing and the water effect is pretty much perfect.

Comment

I think I will stick to what I said. Nice, but never for this much money!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxelot View Post
                                        I think I will stick to what I said. Nice, but never for this much money!
                                        It would not surprise me if we ever end up with some kind of deal on this one. I just can't see 589 selling for this price. Though, for me, it has nothing to do with how it looks, it's a great piece.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow View Post

It would not surprise me if we ever end up with some kind of deal on this one. I just can't see 589 selling for this price. Though, for me, it has nothing to do with how it looks, it's a great piece.
                                          Same here. Those pictures look stunning but I can't see myself spending that much on one piece.

Comment

Working...
                                          X