Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash it all! That is an awful shame. Thank you terribly for the particulars!

Comment

The more n more I think about this one....I just cant see them selling all 589....I could see them ending production early....unless a new influx(China maybe) of money, and I mean big money comes to play...I just don't see it...hey if they sell 250 of these at full boat prices...grats to Weta....
      Last edited by Adolfo; 3rd December 2017, 06:08.

Comment

Have not commented yet, for me this is a true Master piece but an easy pass, true i was surprised with the price cause for that price tag i would think the piece would be bigger but i do understand the work and dedication that goes into the process of creating such a masterpiece. Though even if the piece was bigger or this same piece was 500 euros cheaper i still would have passed cause i just can't justify spending 1000 or 1500 or in this case 2200 when you add vat and shipping on a single piece especially one that i have already in other versions in my collection. But weta and Jamie did a fantastic job on this piece
        Amazing

Comment

No doubts that this is the finest Gollum ever made(so far)...but...$$$

Comment

I plan on getting this mainly because I don't own or collect much poly anymore. I'm happy to just have special pieces and forgo the majority. I don't normally collect the bad side either (with a few exceptions- MoS and RwoS, looking at you). Also I don't even have a gollum currently either.

I saw this at the Cave the other week. I realize due to cost alone, it isn't for everyone. But what a beautiful piece of art. It could hold its own in a jewelry shop beside the Royal Doultons and Lladró and even outshine them. Lighting will be important to show this piece at its best but in a collection - it will be a show stopper

congrats Weta. Looking forward to what will be released in this line next. Hopefully at SDCC 2018.
            Last edited by Idril; 3rd December 2017, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Raddus View Post
              I mean although this Gollum is 1:3 scale? Doesn’t mean that all of the master collection price shave to be in that scale. Aragorn and Gandalf might be the same size even if that is a different scale. Make sense? And also any other characters though they are larger would not have a base that large so the price might not go up too much.

point is, I’m excited for the future of this line!!
              The new line is the "Master Collection Statue". I don't see anywhere that it says it's a 1/3 line. Gollum is 1/3 but I'm thinking that future statues in the Master Collection don't necessarily have to be in 1/3.
              I am really looking forward to the next one too. I wouldn't be surprised if there were only one of these a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

The new line is the "Master Collection Statue". I don't see anywhere that it says it's a 1/3 line. Gollum is 1/3 but I'm thinking that future statues in the Master Collection don't necessarily have to be in 1/3.
                I am really looking forward to the next one too. I wouldn't be surprised if there were only one of these a year.
                Yeah definitely!
                and I think we’re all hoping to just one per year!!

Comment

I had assumed (foolishly), that the line would henceforth be 1/3, simply because their first statue in the line is to that scale. But you are quite correct: nowhere does it state under the 'About Masters Collection' blurb a definitive, or fixed scale.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                    Saw this on the website:

Features of Masters Collection: Gollum[LIST][*]Tinted translucent resin skin[*]New-tech eyes with depth[*]Individually hand-placed hair[*]Pond with water-effect resin[*]Leather loin cloth
                    where[*]real gold for " creature’s ill-fated Ring " ?
                    Last edited by alladin; 5th December 2017, 02:07.

Comment

Originally posted by alladin View Post
                      where[*]real gold for " creature’s ill-fated Ring " ?
                      You have a good point. It should be gold.

Comment

It's an amazing piece of art. I take my hat off to Weta for making such a beautiful statue but I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the price.

I will pass on this and save my money for a LOTR piece if Weta ever makes one.

I know it's marketed under the LOTR license but no scars on his back, Misty Mountain location, goblin skull, blind fish and the One Ring at his feet, sorry it's screams it's from the Hobbit to me.
                        I think I said this before, but we had a Gollum in FotR as well, in the Misty Mountains. And it being labeled LotR or Hobbit isn't really a big thing in the end, is it.

Comment

Seeing as the ring is on the ground it kinda feels like the part in the prologue when the ring abandons him.
                          but it’s really not a big deal I don’t think

Comment

Hobbit

Comment

Andy Serkis should have signed all of them and record personal voice messages to the individual buyer to remotely justify the price

Comment

I believe the two licences are just one now so for Weta - no need to differentiate.

Comment

Thought I might chime in on this one...

I haven’t seen this piece in person, so I can only judge it on pictures I have seen. It looks spectacular and is probably worth what Weta are asking for it.

So this new Gollum is for the high end collector, or those who are now after quality over quantity. There are plenty of options for the middle of the range collectors and even the lower end (which is where I am sitting at the moment). So I think Weta continues to do the right thing and offer the consumers a choice.

Scriff

Comment

I saw this piece at SDCC and it's really an amazing one, but now I'm surprised to know the price. It will just scare a lot of people away.

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                                    The more n more I think about this one....I just cant see them selling all 589....I could see them ending production early....unless a new influx(China maybe) of money, and I mean big money comes to play...I just don't see it...hey if they sell 250 of these at full boat prices...grats to Weta....
                                    I don't get why you think China has anything to do with big money... Do you mean investment or just Chinese people are rich enough to buy a statue of such price?

Comment

China is now Weta's biggest market

Comment

Originally posted by vigshane View Post
                                        I saw this piece at SDCC and it's really an amazing one, but now I'm surprised to know the price. It will just scare a lot of people away.

I don't get why you think China has anything to do with big money... Do you mean investment or just Chinese people are rich enough to buy a statue of such price?
                                        Until recently it was a fairly closed market and certain 'Western' publications were very limited. They have loosened up more now and people are finding out about ME, and yes, there is some mega bucks to be harvested there.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                          China is now Weta's biggest market
                                          You have to wonder what the LOTR trilogy could have grossed if they had had the market in China that exists today? I think an easy $200 million more per film.

Comment

Working...
                                          X