Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great piece, I can respect the price, but with that, it's not for me. It makes life quite easy really, had it been 500$ cheaper I would've had to do some serious thinking

Comment

Ouchy! Well there goes my chance at owning him.

I will say though, it is an absolutely brilliant piece, and Weta should be very proud of it, and while I will only be able to watch from the sidelines, I can't wait to see where this line goes!

Originally posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
      I hate being right
      You know, in this case, I hate you being right as well!

Comment

Originally posted by urbanobarrios View Post

My guess is that they have already put some aside for retailers
        When talking to some of the Weta crew at Supanova they mentioned this would be obtainable through Weta only. No retailer stock for this one.

Comment

nice statue but totally unaffordable ! No regrets given this crazy price.

Comment

Greatest Gollum ever made...but price is outright murder....now if included in the price was a nice steak dinner at a fancy steak house with Andy Serkis presenting this to me and signing it....well now its price would be justified ...I'm not getting this.....I am very happy with my other 4 gollums...would rather get elk thranduil and MOS and $100 for a steak dinner lol....I swear I almost think Weta created flex pay finally just because this was releasing. ..I know flex is gonna be used a lot here...no quick sellout too
            Last edited by Adolfo; 1st December 2017, 12:40.

Comment

Saw this on the website:

Features of Masters Collection: Gollum
              • Tinted translucent resin skin
              • New-tech eyes with depth
              • Individually hand-placed hair
              • Pond with water-effect resin
              • Leather loin cloth
              • Special premium box featuring exclusive art print by Alan Lee
              • Height: approx. 400mm
              • Weight: approx. 6kg
              The art print caught my eye

Comment

1799 usd??
                "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Nice but way out of my ballpark price wise and I'm one that got them all before, but not this line......

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                    Saw this on the website:

Features of Masters Collection: Gollum
                    • Tinted translucent resin skin
                    • New-tech eyes with depth
                    • Individually hand-placed hair
                    • Pond with water-effect resin
                    • Leather loin cloth
                    • Special premium box featuring exclusive art print by Alan Lee
                    • Height: approx. 400mm
                    • Weight: approx. 6kg
                    The art print caught my eye
                    What I caught was my wallet...held it tight, made sure it wouldn't open Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post

What I caught was my wallet...held it tight, made sure it wouldn't open Lol

Comment

I have to agree with those who feel this statue is just too expensive....
                        If they had a run of 200 or even 300, I think it would be an easier pill to swallow as it insures that the value will retain / go up.
                        The quality looks AMAZING!, but I am not pulling the trigger on this statue.

IF they had a statue with this quality of a Witch King mounted on a Fell Beast (the size of TOE)
                        I'll pre-order in a heart beat!!!

I hope this makes it to a reverse auction!!!

On another note, I take my hat off to Weta on this statue!!! If it looks this good in the pictures, i can just imagine how it will look like in person

Comment

Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post
                          I have to agree with those who feel this statue is just too expensive....
                          If they had a run of 200 or even 300, I think it would be an easier pill to swallow as it insures that the value will retain / go up.
                          The quality looks AMAZING!, but I am not pulling the trigger on this statue.

IF they had a statue with this quality of a Witch King mounted on a Fell Beast (the size of TOE)
                          I'll pre-order in a heart beat!!!

I hope this makes it to a reverse auction!!!

On another note, I take my hat off to Weta on this statue!!! If it looks this good in the pictures, i can just imagine how it will look like in person
                          I agree...if the ES was at I say at 350 or less...then maybe the pricepoint could be swallowed better

Comment

Now if they offered a 0% financing for 18-24 months like Best Buy I would get it

Comment

wtf is happening, am I supposed to pay $1800 for a 42cm statue that is mostly rock?
                              Last edited by Blue Book of Eastmarch; 1st December 2017, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                                wtf is happening, am I supposed to pay $1800 for a 42cm statue that is mostly rock?
                                I've not looked at it that way until now. That's a pricey rock!

Comment

Bloody hell I had this down as a must buy piece, but I cannot pay US $2,197.89 for a 6KG 42cm statue (price with VAT) however nice it looks, unless it's made of solid silver. I honestly thought this would be max Thranduil on Elk price. I stayed away from buying Thranduil for this, but that price has blown my mind and any price expectation I had. Could have probably bought the full sized Gollum last weekend similar price.

Those glazed eyes and water style base are expensive! I think if I bought this, I'd book a day off work to get it out of it's box safely.
                                  Last edited by fireofdoomuk; 1st December 2017, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanobarrios View Post

My guess is that they have already put some aside for retailers
                                    Dan told me this would be a Weta exclusive - meaning not sold to retailers. I see no mention of that on the page though so not sure if this has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by fireofdoomuk View Post
                                      I honestly thought this would be max Thranduil on Elk price. I stayed away from buying Thranduil for this...
                                      whaaaaaat????

Comment

Oops not offering to retailers because retailers probably won't want to try and move them at that price also! Too much for them to gamble on. Wow still can't believe the price. Gollum is simple too with little clothing or props, imagine what a character like Aragorn will be priced like???

Comment

Originally posted by fireofdoomuk View Post
                                          Those glazed eyes and water style base are expensive! I think if I bought this, I'd book a day off work to get it out of it's box safely.
                                          LOL if you bought this you might not be able to take a day off!

Seriously awesome piece and I'm so happy I didn't have my heart set on this. That price puts it way out of the average collector reach. But congrats to those who are going for it. This will be one of the highlights of any collection.

Comment

Working...
                                          X