Gollum 1:3 scale Mixed Media statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idril View Post
    He didn't say but he did indicate that the next (which they have started on) is from lotr
    Great! We’re all doomed!

Comment

Thanks for the info idril, so excited about this line , praying for Gandalf next!

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
        He didn't say but he did indicate that the next (which they have started on) is from lotr
        Oh man, this is great news and now I can start dreaming on what it will be. And start to save too.

Comment

Gandalf, Aragorn and Frodo will be ones to look out for. Any armored characters will be interesting to see with all that detail.

Comment

I hope it is something on the lines of a Hobbit or a Moria orc. Anything else will be way too expensive.

Comment

I think the approach for these is to pick an absolute personal favorite or characters that are iconic to Hobbit/LOTR.

Gollum fits that bill well. The next one has to be another high caliber character.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
                I think the approach for these is to pick an absolute personal favorite or characters that are iconic to Hobbit/LOTR.

Gollum fits that bill well. The next one has to be another high caliber character.
                Gandalf, Aragorn or Frodo ... all of them would look magnificent in this line. Frodo would be my favorite of those three. After almost two decades the poor guy deserves a truly fantastic statue.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post

Gandalf, Aragorn or Frodo ... all of them would look magnificent in this line. Frodo would be my favorite of those three. After almost two decades the poor guy deserves a truly fantastic statue.
                  I agree DD. The SS Frodo PF was nice but the likeness was not quite there. But for me if it were going to be a hobbit, I sure would like it to be Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                    I agree DD. The SS Frodo PF was nice but the likeness was not quite there. But for me if it were going to be a hobbit, I sure would like it to be Sam.
                    Yes, Sam would be a most worthy candidate as well. As much as Frodo actually.

I own the SS Frodo PF as well and the likeness sure isn't perfect but everything else about it is so good it's really easy to like that statue. Strange how the best Frodo sculpts over the years have all been small or tiny. Most of them done by Sideshow too, oddly enough: three in their diorama line and one in the maquette line (okay, that one isn't small). The latter has always been my favorite Frodo sculpt in terms of likeness. I even liked the Mordor setting. Weta really hasn't done any decent ones apart from the Frodo mini statue. Not yet anyway....

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

I would love a larger scale Thorin, complete with Orcrist. At least with Gandalf and Aragorn etc we’ve had some selection to choose from, from Sideshow and others, but apart from the Weta 1/6 Thorins, nothing larger (as far as I’m aware). So that’s definitely on my list!

Comment

So without reading through the thread, are any wealthy Flamers picking this little guy up?
                        The Red Room
                        https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                          So without reading through the thread, are any wealthy Flamers picking this little guy up?
                          I'm hoping that I don't have to be too wealthy as I really want this.

Comment

I don't have a Gollum so I am hoping to get one

Comment

I sold my PF so that I can get this one.

Comment

I’ll be getting this, I’ve recently changed my collecting focus on quality over quantity, especially with prices going up and up, gone are the days of buying everything!, going forward I’ll be budgeting for two pieces a year, this and Prime 1’s Alien 3 maquette will cover the coming year
                                Good to see you Red

Comment

I’ll likely be passing. Hard enough staying focused on 1:6 given the amount of product Weta is pumping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                                    I’ll likely be passing. Hard enough staying focused on 1:6 given the amount of product Weta is pumping out.
                                    should have passed on that Troll...

Comment

Originally posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

should have passed on that Troll...
                                      Probably. I'm going to be returning it so it would've saved me that hassle.

Comment

Pre-order is live people:

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/...lection-gollum

Comment

Goodness gracious on that price!!
                                          this better be a good piece for that price tag!

Comment

Working...
                                          X