Thranduil on Elk - 1:6 scale figure - SOLD OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

    Shipping notice


    Probably should warn mum there's a box on the way that will be at least as big as the one that arrived yesterday.... "I'm saving money, mum. I truly am"
    Shipping notice already? I just got the "Shipping soon" mail that said thay will be processing the orders over the next 2 week period.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by marmañan View Post

      Sorry, and probably I would be agree with you if the paintjob problem was only in Thranduils face but... have you seen the antlets joint? or the Elks mouth? or Thranduils head joint with the rest of the body, where the hair splits into the one that goes to the back and another portion goes to the chest? this is not a question of "The translucent resin used in Thranduil’s face does not photograph well at all, if the lighting isn’t just right and the camera short of top notch" in Magnus words...

      28058889_596025600744026_7561219116587686340_n.jpg?oh=f6f5c71ba82c45ad6519ccf8bcc32b5f&oe=5B04BA12.jpg

      500€ OK, I can pass such a cheap painting or sculping tricks to solve the molding/unmolding proces, but mate...1000€! for this price they should have done the whole industrialitzation in a better factory!
      The joint of hair was also on the prototype SDCC!
      moreover, the hair was even a different color! - but no one worried about it , see my old message

      Originally posted by alladin View Post
      Different hair color?

      0_1e6a25_14e6e946_orig.jpg
      Last edited by alladin; 14th March 2018, 00:28.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Foedhrass View Post

        I got the email as well even though my payment plan stretches till May. So I assume all who ordered got it.
        That's what I'm thinking/hoping.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Elessar View Post

          That's what I'm thinking/hoping.
          I got the same notice too and mine is also on the payment plan. I would hope everyone who pre-ordered on a payment plan would be getting it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kaikoloren View Post

            I got the same notice too and mine is also on the payment plan. I would hope everyone who pre-ordered on a payment plan would be getting it.
            Seems like that's the case, which is fine I'm not quite ready for this guy to show up yet.

            Comment


            • Woo! Got my processing notification email as well!! So excited to see this piece in person!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gwindor View Post

                Shipping notice already? I just got the "Shipping soon" mail that said thay will be processing the orders over the next 2 week period.
                O, you're right Oh well, in about two weeks I can get excited again

                Comment


                • Originally posted by alladin View Post

                  The joint of hair was also on the prototype SDCC!
                  moreover, the hair was even a different color! - but no one worried about it , see my old message
                  And what about the blue paint on the chest plate ? If mine is blue I will be mildly annoyed

                  Comment


                  • Sorry,never seen so much negative opinions about a statue,guys please wait if someone of us have this statue at home then we will see if this one is top or not.

                    Comment


                    • I'm going to wait for others to chime in with their experiences and photos. Hopefully it turns out to be better than expected.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Plat View Post
                        Sorry,never seen so much negative opinions about a statue,guys please wait if someone of us have this statue at home then we will see if this one is top or not.
                        Some people have gone beyond just having an opinion. They are on a mission to vent their displeasure over and over and over.....

                        Comment


                        • Unfortunately that is true.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

                            Some people have gone beyond just having an opinion. They are on a mission to vent their displeasure over and over and over.....
                            That's putting it mildly........

                            This whole thread went to hell in a handbasket there for awhile!

                            But thankfully, it seems like it's taken a turn back to it's normal tone and I expect it will get lively (hopefully in a positive way) once members start getting this piece in hand and can share first impressions and photos.

                            Comment


                            • I got same notification about making sure credit card is in order.

                              I'm extremely nervous about this piece.

                              Comment


                              • I will have mine paid off late April. So I guess I'll have it early May. By then there should be a lot of in hand pictures to gawk at. And hopefully be impressed by.

                                Comment


                                • Won't be getting mine till June. Got the notification email as well though. Standard stuff I suppose.

                                  'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                    Sorry,never seen so much negative opinions about a statue,guys please wait if someone of us have this statue at home then we will see if this one is top or not.
                                    The funny thing is is that the majority of the negativity is about photo's of the statue as those who have seen it in hand can be counted on one hand

                                    We could do with a 'flogging a dead horse' emoji

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

                                      We could do with a 'flogging a dead horse' emoji


                                      Comment


                                      • Fortunately we already have this one

                                        'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

                                        Comment


                                        • The best thing is that 'one side' has stop to write but 'believers' negativity go on and on...and continues...and continues...

                                          Very very boring...

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X