Thranduil on Elk - 1:6 scale figure - SOLD OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm so jealous of you all ordering this. There's just no way I can do the same.
    Its funny, the idea of Thranduil on elk never appealed to me, until I saw it! So majestic, powerful, beautiful, elegant, iconic..... and expensive!
    The fact I had no previous interest is the only consolation right now. Plus the fact I'm getting the Mouth of Sauron. If I can sell my stone trolls!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Orc from Morc View Post
      I hope that the important Face painting (expression) of the delivered Statues will be the same as the one of the Prototype,but I fear it will not be.
      Although some of the older statues were variable in how good the painting looked (especially the faces).. every single Weta statue I've ordered over the past few years has been stunning. Elrond's face is still mind bogglingly realistic, ( I was looking at it earlier).. and Galadriel looked stunning too. As for the Orcs.. well they all look terrific! I'm sure this will be no different, quality-wise!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Orc from Morc View Post
        I hope that the important Face painting (expression) of the delivered Statues will be the same as the one of the Prototype,but I fear it will not be.
        With this new range of prices already there is no excuse that end of painting they are maximum in his quality control, now if that there are no excuses for Weta that we do not see finished some exceptional and I wait to see them, at a height of end of statues of Prime1.

        A statue to scale 1:6 that costs 1000 dollars must take one as a minimum end of exceptional painting, is the minimal thing for that we must wait all the collectors.
        Last edited by goldring; 13th October 2017, 10:08.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by goldring View Post

          With this new range of prices already there is no excuse that end of painting they are maximum in his quality control, now if that there are no excuses for Weta that we do not see finished some exceptional and I wait to see them, at a height of end of statues of Prime1.

          A statue to scale 1:6 that costs 1000 dollars must take one as a minimum end of exceptional painting, is the minimal thing for that we must wait all the collectors.
          I agree.Face expression of Thranduil must be good cause a bad facial painting can ruin the whole statue.

          Was a little shocked when I saw a picture of the painting of the face from the Bard Statue (don`t own it) in comparison with the Weta Prototype.

          Comment


          • Just placed my order. No idea where the HECK I'm gonna put the box for this Elk--let alone the statue itself--but I have to have this one...!

            Comment


            • I noticed they adjusted the measurements on the order page to 26.77" (68cm) high from 22.44” (57cm.) This thing is a beast!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                I noticed they adjusted the measurements on the order page to 26.77" (68cm) high from 22.44” (57cm.) This thing is a beast!
                Thanks for the info Hellboy.

                So the height that Leonard gave to us during the time of SDCC, was the correct height.
                So glad that someone at Weta checked this out, and changed the store page to the correct height.
                I am surprised that no one from Weta informed us. They much be extremely busy there though, with all that they are putting out right now and all.

                Comment


                • Check this out.

                  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1Qb0e


                  AWESOME!

                  Comment


                  • Saw that last night on FB. Very cool look at how this was sculpted and done digitally. Lindsey's skills really are so very impressive. She's one of Weta's best sculptors, IMO.

                    Comment


                    • She is awesome. I love her work.

                      Comment


                      • Darksidetoy.com just made this available for peoorder and I put my order in. To be honest I started to get very nervous with this whole LOW STOCK situation but it was all good in the end

                        Comment


                        • At this rate, surely there must be only a handful of these left now?

                          Hats off to Weta and Lindsey for such incredible work!
                          Last edited by Valar; 14th October 2017, 04:02.

                          Comment


                          • So glad I got this one pre-ordered. I loved seeing the sculpting visuals at artstation!
                            I have no idea where he's going to go after I get him but he shall be mine!

                            But another question to the folks here. Any good ideas on what sort of display case to get for him? I liked the one Weta had for him. At least from what I saw on the videos. Does any one know where you'd get a display case like that? Or are there other good options?

                            Comment


                            • The more images I see the more I wish it was March. Ride on winter
                              "Not all who wander are lost"


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                                I didn't know she was on Artstation, thanks for the link Bill! As a aspiring 3d sculptor, I have been meaning to make an account there, but I am still too nervous to do it, with so many professionals posting.

                                I love being able to see what the sculpt looked like and what the finished statue looks like, she did such an amazing job!

                                Comment


                                • Excellent link bill59 .



                                  Originally posted by Kyle View Post

                                  I didn't know she was on Artstation, thanks for the link Bill! As a aspiring 3d sculptor, I have been meaning to make an account there, but I am still too nervous to do it, with so many professionals posting.

                                  I love being able to see what the sculpt looked like and what the finished statue looks like, she did such an amazing job!
                                  Kyle, personally I see nothing for you to be nervous about! I say make that account and learn all you can. You already have your foot in the door, this can only open that door wider. All the best. (Remember us little people when that door is open wide. Remember too, that you would not be the first forum member that becomes a Weta worker as well.)

                                  Comment


                                  • Ordered!cant lose the ultimate piece!
                                    "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

                                    Comment


                                    • Scary howfast this went to low stock well got me weta ive order now that one more less

                                      Comment


                                      • Gee - must be close to selling out now. I'd be surprised if it saw the week out.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                          Gee - must be close to selling out now. I'd be surprised if it saw the week out.
                                          I saw on FB Anthony said there are less than 80 left.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X