X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Titimegatiti View Post
    And other... Thx Weta ???????? ????????
    That does suck...I pretty much had the same paint defects...and more
    Last edited by Adolfo; 16th April 2018, 09:41.

Comment

• So sorry for everyone who has a substandard paint job. Such a disappointment for such an anticipated statue.

I’m sure there is recourse to return it. Keeping my fingers crossed all works out ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by monkeeman View Post
        Well I thought I’d pay my balance and get my statue.
        i thought that if i don’t like it I can sell it on eBay .
        just checked eBay and there are 7 of them for sale on there !
        7! There shouldn’t be one of them. I turns out them that all the panic from the first photos and videos was justified.
        So fed up of this mess
        7 up for sale already??!!!!

WOW what a hype and to think this is only the start, grail, naw, with all of the flaws far from it, to think the daddy Rog and the TIWK was what 1000 and I NEVER once heard of anyone contemplating returning it for a bad paint job and or sculpt. It is obvious that this particular statue was made subpar from the start and you all are paying the price for budget/cost cutting by WETA, SEND THEM BACK and lets see how this is handled......$1000 is a hell of a lot of money!
        “Just Survive Somehow”

Comment

• i see 4 on ebay worldwide, if it get cheaper I get a second, the elk is feeling lonely.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
            i see 4 on ebay worldwide, if it get cheaper I get a second, the elk is feeling lonely.
            I see 7 as well.

6VYI3ZFAA5h0SWNdd8vmQz0naWj0nDFwy6hgOw19Wk6-VEhcLSBnFE302PIL-p8XE6oG19zHyHQMpklwkvhtnESJ7mDAZcPomwRRkBuRrsAy6PR_yN1ULvWI-v-YIJUPNFVAouhQQgRuhSx_KbW2_sLxvAV-aK_JddSIti0vE78kLTlUFcGd0RC3az8TGDAPgxu7HutU4JCPQbNjzP71WIt3-Nk9EyhIBUIYn8A5k8FfE1Cn-AryNf7-M9vUXf9

Comment

• Herendil - yes, in the US I can only see 4. I went to ebay.fr and I can find 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cliperión View Post
                I am seriously worried, seeing as how is coming figure...

when i saw the first pictures I went critical.. but then i was more optimistic, seeing new potos...

Really painting does not have the quality, which should take this figure and weta should do something...

I receive this figure within 2 weeks.. I was very excited and although I can't wait to see her, to give my final opinion... i don't think that this figure worth $1000

I am really sad with what I am seeing these last days.. Seeing the faults and the lousy painted that is coming

Sincerely, it seems that is painted, rapid and poorly... and of course without any type of quality

weta???? What's going on? Your greatest figure and the send as well? What happens to your customers? You are actually playing with our money and our illusion? I cannot understand this situation
                You are not alone. I'm embarrassed about the money I spent on this. At the time I thought this was a "lifetime piece" like Smaug since I've always loved fantasy and mythology, not just Tolkien.

I can't believe there are people on this forum having to touch up a $1,000 piece tho that says a lot about the sculpt. Taking a breath tho LOL - so, Eowyn for example, is exquisite. I'm staring at one of my Smauglettes and his clean perfect paint and all the shades and tones.

It's just...this Thranduil should have been jaw dropping. Well, I'll see what I end up with. If there's paint flaws etc - having to poke your own holes in the sword? OMG - I guess Anthony will be getting another tense e-mail from another upset customer. I hate this there are good folks at WETA but whatever factory they used and the lack of QC is a major fail. As is IMO whatever was used for Thranduil's face and the paint job.

Comment

• Mm....after seeing all these photos, I have a bad feeling about what I will receive when mine comes in the mail in June. Yeah, I have the talent to repaint him. If the sculpture is good, I can fix the paint job. But that makes me seriously wonder what I was paying for. I would have rather had a garage kit that I prime and paint myself than someone's shoddy paint job to deal with. At $1000 we should be receiving a better product as a whole. It shouldn't need special lighting to make it look decent. That's like saying I spend $1000 on a Iphone and need an additional camera to assure I get a good picture from the phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingsjewel View Post
                    This is really sad. It's the most expensive 1/6 statue from Weta, painting shouldn't look like that. I don't know what happened with this statue.
                    When I saw this piece announced at SDCC 2017, I couldn't believe the detail and overall excitement this piece generated. This should have been a piece to define one's collection; however, instead it has been the sore recipient of scrutiny and scorn (rightly deserved) for the paint quality. I had high hopes for this piece but I guess (as other people have mentioned) this piece might have been rushed into production too soon or simply not enough care was taken into the paint job/packaging of this piece. These are wherein the issues have arisen. Shame really.

Originally posted by Titimegatiti View Post
                    (the holes of my sword were also clogged with gray paint you just had to pierce the paint with a needle)

Comment

• Ok ok I’m dreading getting mine now. Weta need to speak up now and at least acknowledge these concerns. How can they go so silent ? Hoping this will blow over I guess,these statues should be returned and become as big a disappointment and headache for them to sort out as it is for us.
                      has anyone contacted them regarding the issues ? And have any replies come back ?
                      ill never buy weta again or should I say I’ll never buy Chinese factory rushed crap with a weta badge on it again. This isn’t an item made by the same people that made the films. Apart from the sculptor of the prototype!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post

Some reviews,it is an OVERWHELMING word in here and not just in this forum, after looking at that face and the prototype, plus the shine on some this was a HUGE miss and looks like a high school art project NOT a grail piece and a professional piece of fine art! Time will not change the paint and or shoddy sculpt/molding whatever caused that funky face! Some are trying so hard to make it more then it is, lets call it what it is a big ol fat screwup........
                        It's not overwhelming. So please stop with the hyperbole. Remember maybe some that are getting it and liking it aren't wanting to say post here because they're going to get eaten alive by those that have an issue. Heck, I'm not sure I'll even bother to post my review here because honestly I don't need to hear on repeat how awful this piece is or I'm some kind of shill for Weta. Not everyone is reporting a shiny Elk it seems to have been just a few folks. You're right some are trying to make it more than it is. Though I don't think we're thinking of the same folks. You can I suppose call it like you see it but unless you've been given the right to speak for everyone best to stay in your lane of opinion.

PS: Stop using words in all caps. That's considered yelling and I don't have the time or patience for yelling by someone hiding behind an avatar and screen name.

Comment

• Let's keep it on the down low folks as Management will really appreciate that.

Look it's pretty simple really. Some have received TOE with a crappy paint job and others haven't. There's no right or wrong it just is.

I think we've all reached a point where we all understand that so let's not try and convince anyone otherwise.

Hopefully those still to receive theirs are happy with the statue and if not most definitely vent your frustration and contact Weta.

In the end i hope we all care about the same thing and that's seeing our fellow Flamers happy.

Respect.
                          The Red Room
                          https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

• Originally posted by Red View Post
                            Let's keep it on the down low folks as Management will really appreciate that.

Look it's pretty simple really. Some have received TOE with a crappy paint job and others haven't. There's no right or wrong it just is.

I think we've all reached a point where we all understand that so let's not try and convince anyone otherwise.

Hopefully those still to receive theirs are happy with the statue and if not most definitely vent your frustration and contact Weta.

In the end i hope we all care about the same thing and that's seeing our fellow Flamers happy.

Respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elessar View Post

It's not overwhelming. So please stop with the hyperbole. Remember maybe some that are getting it and liking it aren't wanting to say post here because they're going to get eaten alive by those that have an issue. Heck, I'm not sure I'll even bother to post my review here because honestly I don't need to hear on repeat how awful this piece is or I'm some kind of shill for Weta. Not everyone is reporting a shiny Elk it seems to have been just a few folks. You're right some are trying to make it more than it is. Though I don't think we're thinking of the same folks. You can I suppose call it like you see it but unless you've been given the right to speak for everyone best to stay in your lane of opinion.

PS: Stop using words in all caps. That's considered yelling and I don't have the time or patience for yelling by someone hiding behind an avatar and screen name.
                              Well said Josh. Finally!!

Comment

• Elessar - We need your review, I cant wait.

I think some sort of dark spell is applied to this statue. It's overwhelming and desired which makes some folks go mad. Most of the negative comments come online from folks who do not even own it. 100% love the sculpt. No-one believes the paintjob is perfect. Mine came with a good paint, no defects that my eyes could detect, indeed I wish the Elk had a more mat finish but that's about it. I dimmed down the light on it and no glossy effect is detected. The face I learned to like, the translucent resin is cool and responds to light well but poorly to photos, in person it is very similar to human skin. I spent a few days not even looking at this thread because I was afraid I would stop liking my statue and it will be sad to see folks getting rid of theirs because of what some people think. By no means their opinion correspond to mine, I am keeping it and I would buy it again. I own many statues and none is perfect, if it comes with defects I ask it to be replaced. We still see early phases of the grief here, I hope acceptance arrives in this thread sooner than later so that we can see pictures of ToE in collections and enjoy.

Comment

• And still looking forward to getting this piece!

I really hope those folks who are getting shoddy pieces are contacting Weta and willing to post their responses here?

Comment

• Originally posted by finarfin View Post

Well said Josh. Finally!!
                                    I apologize if I seem extra grumpy there but man I've had my fill of broad brush strokes that all folks hate this piece. There are folks recieving ones with issues and it may not be as amazing as we had all hoped. I'm just easily annoyed today.

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                    Elessar - We need your review, I cant wait.

I think some sort of dark spell is applied to this statue. It's overwhelming and desired which makes some folks go mad. Most of the negative comments come online from folks who do not even own it. 100% love the sculpt. No-one believes the paintjob is perfect. Mine came with a good paint, no defects that my eyes could detect, indeed I wish the Elk had a more mat finish but that's about it. I dimmed down the light on it and no glossy effect is detected. The face I learned to like, the translucent resin is cool and responds to light well but poorly to photos, in person it is very similar to human skin. I spent a few days not even looking at this thread because I was afraid I would stop liking my statue and it will be sad to see folks getting rid of theirs because of what some people think. By no means their opinion correspond to mine, I am keeping it and I would buy it again. I own many statues and none is perfect, if it comes with defects I ask it to be replaced. We still see early phases of the grief here, I hope acceptance arrives in this thread sooner than later so that we can see pictures of ToE in collections and enjoy.
                                    Oh I'll do one and I'll post it. Hopefully I won't get hit too hard.

There was a majorly high expectations for this piece, and there should have been for the price alone. I don't blame a single person who has gotten one they didn't like and saying that they're disappointed with the purchase. I admit I'm a little nervous myself in regards to what I will think when I get mine. I'm probably going to have them process the last two payments early so I can get this sooner than June. I do believe this one is going to be maybe the greatest challenge I've ever had trying to photograph. It makes me nervous. I understand I stay out of Hobbit movie discussion threads because as someone who likes them they usually turn into more concentrating on what went wrong and it takes away from my enjoyment. I hope when I get mine maybe I can help show all the good this statue has and it will make the discussion have a bit more balance to it.

Comment

• I love the work Weta has done and Sideshow as well. This is probably the most split thread I've seen since following LOTR collectibles

Bottom line is I am a consumer and I treat all products same way where I need to ensure the amount/value I spent gets me the product as advertised.

Obviously when a company who's products I like comes out with a disappointing product that stings more. It's like folks sticking to Apple products or other brands but when the company does not deliver there are folks who stick up for them, folks who take it as a opportunity to bash them, or just middle of the line consumers who are like huh i dont want to spend that much $ for such a product, etc.

What I am getting to is I inspect every product for its quality/performance/etc. whether it be collectible, tv, phone, etc. I don't plan on thinking from the company perspective, im thinking from the consumer perspective. The company have their own business, which is to make money I just need to be happy as consumer based on my purchase.

At this time I am not, there are some who are, and there others who have skills to make adjustment to the piece to their liking and thats their decision as its their hard earned money.

I have emailed Weta the concerns I raised, I just hope I get a faster reply - haha - i think they had a long weekend fall in between as well.

Comment

• DSC02203 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC02202 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC02201 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02203 by bainiceheart, on Flickr............................Working on Armour...tons more to do...God I wish I was younger
                                        Last edited by Adolfo; 17th April 2018, 07:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red View Post
                                          Let's keep it on the down low folks as Management will really appreciate that.

Respect.
                                          Well said,but some don't like it when we vent our frustrations even if all the evidence is there...wont even acknowledge the negative aspects here, even argue against those that are venting...oh but the positive stuff gets the sign of approval...accolades galore...hmm...
                                          Last edited by Adolfo; 17th April 2018, 07:12.

Comment

Working...
                                          X