This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dcole4 View Post
    Yeah the new version of the 1/6 line is really intriguing. Will they be even cheaper than the Tauriel piece? That seemed like a very simple/affordable statue. Unless they change the material, how will they cut costs?? Can't wait to see.
    I honestly think that line will be around Tauriel’s price point not too much cheaper so anywhere around $299 to $399.
    Last edited by Mitheithel; 30 June 2020, 09:55.

Comment

I am dreaming of the days when stuff had a $125 price point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcole4 View Post
        Yeah the new version of the 1/6 line is really intriguing. Will they be even cheaper than the Tauriel piece? That seemed like a very simple/affordable statue. Unless they change the material, how will they cut costs?? Can't wait to see.
        I think you might still be misunderstanding what Dan meant... they will be regular 1/6 statues involving just one character, like Tauriel or Grishnakh, and there’s a new smaller line that, I’m guessing, will be a smaller version of these kind of characters.

Comment

So now we know all four statues will be 1/6 scale, can we do any more to decipher Dan's previous code? ???????

Originally posted by Daniel Falconer View Post
          So what could these all be? How about some teasey clues!
          Four Middle-earth statues, but seven characters…
          Two wear helmets…
          One has a hat…
          One is seated…
          Four have cloaks…
          Four wear armour…
          One wears barely anything at all…
          One serves the people of Middle-earth...
          One serves another…
          One serves none but himself…
          One serves the Lord of the Ring…
          The other three, it’s hard to say…
          Two hold staves…
          Two hold swords…
          One holds a hammer…
          One holds a spear…
          One holds on for dear life…
          One has a beard…
          Four have pointed ears, though not all can be seen…

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

I think you might still be misunderstanding what Dan meant... they will be regular 1/6 statues involving just one character, like Tauriel or Grishnakh, and there’s a new smaller line that, I’m guessing, will be a smaller version of these kind of characters.
            Agree..... only cheaper to their MC statues and Premium statues. I misread what DF wrote.

Comment

I wonder if to reduce cost they’ll stop using the new resin material they’ve been using for the past 2 years. I hope not as almost every statue with the new resin looks amazing and much more life like. Take Aragorn at Amon Hen for example. Can’t get much more realistic than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post
                I wonder if to reduce cost they’ll stop using the new resin material they’ve been using for the past 2 years. I hope not as almost every statue with the new resin looks amazing and much more life like. Take Aragorn at Amon Hen for example. Can’t get much more realistic than that.

I wondered if the new line would even be poly stone to keep the costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

I wondered if the new line would even be poly stone to keep the costs down.
                  Good point. Time will tell. Either way, I’m sure they’ll offer good “bang for your money”

Comment

Imagine this as an environment: the stairs of Moria where Aragorn and Frodo are leaning towards the rest of the fellowship as the tunnels come down. Maybe Legolas in the background drawing his bow to aim at that pesky orc firing arrows at them. Would be legendary.

So many come to mind from FotR:
                    • The Balrog drawing up at Gandalf on Bridge of Khazad Dum (Not really an environment I know)
                    • The fellowship paddling past the feet of the Argonath
                    • Frodo and Sam hiking on the way to Rivendell
                    • Sam running to Frodo as Leaving in boat after Amon Hen battle
                    • The council of Elrond
                    Last edited by Jrchampion93; 30 June 2020, 14:47.

Comment

Hi folks!

I was deliberately vague with some of my comments and clues, perhaps even cruelly so! Let me clarify a few points to help steer the guesses…
                      Oh you're a stinker. I downed many an ibuprofen for the headaches I got trying to figure those out.

I had mentioned that we had two big 1/6th polystone pieces coming, one a Master’s Collection statue, and one what we call a premium statue, which is something between a regular 1/6th release and a MC. Previous premium pieces have included multiple figures, or a single large character, or perhaps a horse and rider, for example. Of these two new pieces you’ll be seeing, one is from LOTR and one is from The Hobbit, as I believe I mentioned. One features two characters and one has three. One includes a particularly impressive chunk of scenery that substantially contributes to its volume.
                      Ok, so I promised myself I wasn't going to go there again but with your new post I'm helpless. So are you saying that the scenery is counting towards the mass of the MC? When you said previously that the mass of this new MC was going to dethrone TB, you weren't just talking about the figure itself but the environment as well?

With this MC, I believe, launching your 20th anniversary celebration for the FOTR, I was thinking for sure that the only mass that was big enough in 1/6 to topple TB would be a Cave Troll. Now you are talking about an impressive chunk of scenery and it's got me all flummoxed.

Is it possible for the new MC to be an environment instead of a figure? If an environment, what could it possibly be that would have an impressive chunk of scenery? Yes Jan, my mind went right to the West gate of Moria as well just like yours did but now I'm not so sure. Daniel said that there were two characters on one and the other has three. I'm still betting that the new MC is from the FOTR and if it were an environment and the West Gate of Moria, it would have two figures on it, Gandalf and Frodo. But why have the MC following Gocart have Gandalf and Frodo on it again? Seems a little much to me. I can't see any other two figures on a West Gate of Moria environment that would work if the doors are still closed and lit up. The only thing that I could see working is if the doors were open and the Watcher in the water had Frodo lifted up by one of it's tentacles. That would be two figures. But we are left with another MC in a row with Frodo on it again. I'm thinking that is not going to happen.

So, now this just me in full LOTR dream mode but if the new MC is indeed an environment and it has an "impressive chunk of scenery" on it, could this be the Argonath? Would the stone figures of Isildur and Elendil count as two figures? Oh dear, what if? A 30" tall Argonath with resin water..... Now that would be a showstopper.

Then there are the other two polystone Middle-earth pieces, which I can confirm are most definitely both 1/6th scale. I think I referred to them as a new sub-line, but really, that’s more for the sake of how we plan and budget them at our end. As far as collectors go, they should be indistinguishable from the rest of the 1/6th scale Middle-earth poly range, on familiar bases and in exactly the same style you have come to know and expect. The differences are purely to do with price point and character choices. We’re doing our best to keep these in an accessible bracket, and to choose subjects that we hope with have broad, enduring appeal. But, these are absolutely and positively 1/6th scale polystone, the same as you’ve always enjoyed! Both are single characters. One is a baddie and one a goodie. Both come from the same movie.
                      With this new info, I'm wondering if the new affordable 1/6 line will be main characters only and will be on the familiar plain (as in no added environment) black map bases and to keep cost down even more will not be clay sculpted but completely 3D rendered? Time will tell.

Ok, now where did I put that ibuprofen?

Comment

Oh I think I definitely misread his clues. It sounds like it's an MC, a Premium, and two standard 1/6 pieces (cheaper only in the sense they're not massive or intricate and therefore probably similar in price to Tauriel or Grishnahk as someone mentioned previously).

Comment

this is consuming me

Capture.JPG

Weta wouldnt start a new line with a char only known by hard core fans. So the goodie single is probably Old Bilbo at Rivendell or Gandalf. Same for the baddie, It may be a wraith or Saruman. It may be that the new line is the mini line rebranded and the Saruman already seen is the baddie piece in the new line? Strange to see a third Saruman, so many questions.
                          The MC is most likely a CT due to the hammer hint.
                          The premium is from the hobbit and it is most likely Beorn bear against an orc.
                          So many ifs and missing puzzle pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post

Good point. Time will tell. Either way, I’m sure they’ll offer good “bang for your money”

With pure pvc statues at these prices I would be out.

Just like a Goblin King as an MC statue, I hate his pimples

Comment

Spider Gollum at Emyn Muil with Frodo and Sam at the bottom of the rock face?

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                this is consuming me

Capture.JPG

Weta wouldnt start a new line with a char only known by hard core fans. So the goodie single is probably Old Bilbo at Rivendell or Gandalf. Same for the baddie, It may be a wraith or Saruman. It may be that the new line is the mini line rebranded and the Saruman already seen is the baddie piece in the new line? Strange to see a third Saruman, so many questions.
                                The MC is most likely a CT due to the hammer hint.
                                The premium is from the hobbit and it is most likely Beorn bear against an orc.
                                So many ifs and missing puzzle pieces
                                -> -> ->

Comment

Random thought but you know one statue I would really love to see is an updated Martin Freeman Bilbo. I felt like the one they did left a lot to be desired. I'd love to see a better sculpt/pose. It would depend a lot on how well they captured his face but I'd snatch it up in a second.

Comment

Quick summary!
                                    • One Masters 1:6 polystone statue (containing 2 or 3 characters)
                                    • One Premium 1:6 polystone statue (ie larger piece) (containing 2 or 3 characters)
                                    • Two standard 1:6 polystone statues (one single "goodie", one single "baddie")
                                    • Two new-scale/material/style statues (possibly smaller scale, cheaper material)
                                    • Two or more vinyl Mini Epics

The long list of clues Dan gave in his first post referred only to the four polystone reveals:
                                    • One Premium 1:6 polystone statue (ie larger piece) (containing 2 or 3 characters)
                                    which include seven characters between them (2 plus 3 plus 1 plus 1)

Four Middle-earth statues, but seven characters
                                    Two wear helmets…
                                    One has a hat…
                                    One is seated…
                                    Four have cloaks…
                                    Four wear armour…
                                    One wears barely anything at all…
                                    One serves the people of Middle-earth...
                                    One serves another…
                                    One serves none but himself…
                                    One serves the Lord of the Ring…
                                    The other three, it’s hard to say…
                                    Two hold staves…
                                    Two hold swords…
                                    One holds a hammer…
                                    One holds a spear…
                                    One holds on for dear life…
                                    One has a beard…
                                    Four have pointed ears, though not all can be seen…

All of these clues relate only to these four polystone pieces which include seven characters between them (2 plus 3 plus 1 plus 1).

Of the first two pieces:
                                    one is from The Hobbit, the other is from the LOTR (specifically the FOTR, being the first of the 20th Anniversary celebration pieces to be revealed)

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                      Quick summary!
                                      • Two new-scale/material/style statues (possibly smaller scale, cheaper material)

Those are the same thing with regards to what he was referring to. The 2 will be polystone but more affordable and simpler, yet still part of the 1/6 line.

Comment

MC = Gandalf the White presenting himself and Pippin to Denethor on Stewards chair complete with split Horn of Gondor on his lap

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

Those are the same thing with regards to what he was referring to. The 2 will be polystone but more affordable and simpler, yet still part of the 1/6 line.
                                          Dan stated it quite clearly though! Different scale and material (i.e. not polystone, not 1:6) explicitly stated here!

I had mentioned that we had two big 1/6th polystone pieces coming, one a Master’s Collection statue, and one what we call a premium statue, which is something between a regular 1/6th release and a MC. Previous premium pieces have included multiple figures, or a single large character, or perhaps a horse and rider, for example. Of these two new pieces you’ll be seeing, one is from LOTR and one is from The Hobbit, as I believe I mentioned. One features two characters and one has three. One includes a particularly impressive chunk of scenery that substantially contributes to its volume.

Then there are the other two polystone Middle-earth pieces, which I can confirm are most definitely both 1/6th scale. I think I referred to them as a new sub-line, but really, that’s more for the sake of how we plan and budget them at our end. As far as collectors go, they should be indistinguishable from the rest of the 1/6th scale Middle-earth poly range, on familiar bases and in exactly the same style you have come to know and expect. The differences are purely to do with price point and character choices. We’re doing our best to keep these in an accessible bracket, and to choose subjects that we hope with have broad, enduring appeal. But, these are absolutely and positively 1/6th scale polystone, the same as you’ve always enjoyed! Both are single characters. One is a baddie and one a goodie. Both come from the same movie.

The long list of clues in my last post referred to the 1/6th scale statues, so that’s the two I was just speaking of and the previously mentioned MC and premium pieces.

Separate to that is a brand, new line of Middle-earth figures in a different material, scale and style, which we will also be launching. There will be two of these shown at launch, and by coincidence, they are almost the exact same two subjects represented in the 1/6th scale sub-line I was just talking about… almost, but not quite.

+ there are Mini Epics (possibly more than two, now, thanks to a recent likeness approval) and lots of other fun goodies from different licenses.

Total:
                                          • Two or more vinyl Mini Epics!

Comment

Working...
                                          X