Ask Daniel Falconer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Excellent find, Marda7, I didn’t think to check the box because admittedly, mine would be a pain to reach at the moment and I wasn't confident there was an answer to be found there. I know this is a UC product, but they got all their marketing information approved by New Line so it is legit from the source at least.

    So... Celebrian then? Elven princesses didn't exactly come by the dozen, and as the daughter of Galadriel, she would certainly qualify. Or Idril perhaps? Would be fitting if it was her since Elrond wields her sword and is her grandson. It's definitely not Arwen.

    Comment


      Alan Lee only calls it the "Pietà-like statue" in the LOTR Sketchbook.

      FB_IMG_1623058806151.jpg
      Instagram: randy_baggins

      Comment


        I personally think it is just a marketing catch phrase. It sounds better than ‘a maiden holding a shield’.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Idril View Post
          I personally think it is just a marketing catch phrase. It sounds better than ‘a maiden holding a shield’.
          The Pieta reference or the Elven princess one? I mean, it's Rivendell... what else would you have a statue of in there? A dwarf princess?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

            The Pieta reference or the Elven princess one? I mean, it's Rivendell... what else would you have a statue of in there? A dwarf princess?
            Elrond has that in his private quarters. There's just something about little hirsute folk Elves feel drawn too

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

              Elrond has that in his private quarters. There's just something about little hirsute folk Elves feel drawn too
              Well, he does like Dwarven butts and he cannot lie...


              Comment


                Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

                Well, he does like Dwarven butts and he cannot lie...


                Comment


                  Riiiiiggggghhhhttttt. So any questions for Daniel

                  Comment


                    Hi Daniel. Where does Weta stand on Dwarf sexual exploitation ?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                      Hi Daniel. Where does Weta stand on Dwarf sexual exploitation ?
                      Daniel. Daniel! Over here!!
                      Does Weta have plans to come out against the over-sexualization of dwarves in society today and pledge to no longer use sexist depictions of dwarves in it's media?

                      Also can you PLEASE make a 3ft. tall Mumakil, but not like, overly sexualized. Thanks.

                      Comment


                        This gave me a good laugh.

                        Comment


                          I'm wondering why Daniel doesn't comment in his thread anymore.

                          Comment


                            Hi Daniel, what a great idea your team had of doing Bilbo at Desk for those of us that just can't afford Biblo at Bag End. Such an iconic moment in the film so very glad Weta took this route.



                            Daniel; now that all the smials, that Weta has shown us so far, have been shipped, any clues on the next ones to come out?
                            Still hoping for #21 and #37.
                            Very surprised that #37 has not been done yet considering the screen time it had, and it is one that I'm sure everyone that goes on a tour gets to see; "The sweeping hobbit's smial".

                            Hope all is going well for the virtual SDCC this year, not long now.





                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X