1:30 Scale diorama- Dol Guldur

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking nice Min. Your son has the Mumakil, did he paint it?

Comment

• Originally posted by markv View Post

This was from the Eaglemoss website. Below this it shows the 8 different sets with 26 characters. I think that is all there is. The Hobbit Figurines

Unique Exclusive Online Collection

The Official Collector’s Models sets feature major characters from the three films in The Hobbit Motion Picture Trilogy. Each hand-painted figurine is presented in a unique pose that recreates a classic moment to 1:25 scale .

Cast in a specially formulated metallic resin, costumes and weaponry are reproduced down to the finest detail, and each model is officially approved by Warner Bros. to ensure total authenticity.

Presented in 8 collector's sets, with offers on collecting all 8 with bonus special designed gifts, this is a unique collection unavailable to buy elsewhere.
      Compared to the massive number they turned out for LOTR, 180 figures including every conceivable character no matter how minor - this must have been a real flop for them to end it so soon.
      Last edited by gideon; 21st December 2017, 00:10.

Comment

• Minuialwen it's really hard to put things back when you got them out, isn't it? But they do seem to fit in very nicely

Comment

• Hi everyone, really loving the Dol Guldur, well done to the sculptors; here's a video we made if you want to see how it compares to miniatures and a full scale human. ;) Hope you enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZiOWHYsqQY&t=715sdol guldur 3.jpgdol guldur 2.jpgdol guldur 1.jpg

1:30 scale Hill of Sorcery, Dol Guldur, North Courtyard, Colonnade, Palantir Courtyard, South Courtyard, Is this the greatest Middle-earth scenery ever made? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZiOWHYsqQY&t=715s
          Last edited by Forge Hammers; 21st December 2017, 06:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
            They look good there.

Speaking of Treebeard....
            Thanks Idril. I find the scaling so far off that it just doesn't look right to me. But they are safe and sound, and for now that is all that matters.

Yes, there is Treebeard, but no Merry or Pippin, as they are still in the box waiting to be painted ...

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
            Looking nice Min. Your son has the Mumakil, did he paint it?
            Thanks Ithildin. Some day they will be with their proper environment. So glad to know that the environment is perfect and is safe and sound where it is.

Yes he did paint the Mumakil.

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
            Minuialwen it's really hard to put things back when you got them out, isn't it? But they do seem to fit in very nicely
            Next to impossible Vicksken, if you don't have to, I would strongly advise against it. Hence the scale is way off, but I feel they are safer there than they would be if I had tried to put them back into their boxes.

It will be interesting to see if my son notices that there are more than just his Games Workshop items in his cabinet when he comes home for the holidays.

Comment

• I think my biggest fear would be him claiming they are his

Comment

• My replacement Forod arrived but not only did customs damage the coloured box when they opened my parcel, they also charged me €30. Fingers crossed I can liberate him without any damage or my BF 1/30-scale blow-out will get a very bitter ending

Comment

• So heart breaking to hear this Vicksken. I hate it when customs chooses one of my items to 'pick on'. It is never a good ending, not only does it cost more, but there is almost always something broken.

Remember to take your time and push it out the 'bottom side' of the rubber. If you need to, cut bits and pieces of rubber out. The way I see it is I would rather have my item in perfect condition and the 'packing' not, then the packing in perfect condition and the statue not. Best of Luck.

Comment

• Minuialwen Thanks for your tip! By cutting the bottom part out and removing all foamy pieces that I could, I was able to liberate him without any damage

Comment

• So very glad it worked for you Vicksken!!

Comment

• I've had mixed feelings about this line from the beginning, especially the price points. Because of all the postings and positive reviews on these, I've decided to order Galandriel/Gandalf from NZ. When that miniature arrives and upon my inspection, will determine if I order any of the bases. Thank you to those who took the time to share their reviews, pics and videos.

I do hope WETA releases the remaining figures this year and does switch gears to LOTR with this line. I'd love to see Balin's Tomb and even Amon Hen.
                        Argonath - from the old Shadow and Flame.

Comment

• Just wanted to let you guys know that Anthony refunded the importfees I had to pay for my replacement Forod. He might be swamped but he still rocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                            Just wanted to let you guys know that Anthony refunded the importfees I had to pay for my replacement Forod. He might be swamped but he still rocks
                            Awesome Anthony as usual

Comment

• Just received my first 1/30th scale Galadriel at Gandalf's side today. Upon inspection, the paint job was pretty decent the only exception is Gandalf's nose is broken off and painted. Not sure if it is worth reaching out to Anthony for a replacement. Even showed my kids and their reactions was "Gandalf's nose is missing"

Comment

• I personally think the Galadriel & Gandalf is not as good as the others.

if you don't think you can make it look right - I'd contact Weta

Comment

• Beorn I would most certainly contact Anthony if it's something that bothers you. He's a really nice guy who gets how we collectors think. And there's never any harm in trying Just provide some pictures and the order-number when you do. Good luck with this

Comment

• Any news on whether this diorama is going to be completed or whether this line will go on????

Comment

• Originally posted by finarfin View Post
                                      Any news on whether this diorama is going to be completed or whether this line will go on????
                                      Yes - my diorama looks a tad bit empty in too many spots and is need of reinforcements.

At the very least please give us what was promised in the big unveiling mini-film. And how about the torturers cage on the ground that Gandalf was popped out of before being body slammed? That would add some nice detail to the piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                        I personally think the Galadriel & Gandalf is not as good as the others.

if you don't think you can make it look right - I'd contact Weta
                                        Yeah, if I still had modeling supplies and paint, I would attempt to repair it but for what I paid $50 for....I don't think I should have to. If this was $15 or so, I'd just let it slide.

I did contact Anthony and he replied within the hour last night. I sent over a few pics of his busted nose. I'm assuming it was a casting issue.

Anthony reviewed the images I sent and is sending a replacement.
                                        Last edited by Beorn; 25th January 2018, 11:32.

Comment

• Update** Just received my replacement of Galadriel at Gandalf's side today. WOW! That was lightning fast and I'm happy to say that Gandalf has his nose!

I know I should post pics but I will have to set a Flickr account? I will order the Palantir environment tonight. Thanks WETA!

Comment

Working...
                                          X