1:30 Scale diorama- Dol Guldur

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I'm waiting on my new Forod, I trembling unpacked Elrond and Galadriel and I must admit, I'm not very impressed by their paintjobs Galadriel's dress clearly spills over on Gandalf and Elrond's ears are way darker than the rest of his face and because of his braids it looks like he has very long earlobes. I hope you guys have better luck with these.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
      While I'm waiting on my new Forod, I trembling unpacked Elrond and Galadriel and I must admit, I'm not very impressed by their paintjobs Galadriel's dress clearly spills over on Gandalf and Elrond's ears are way darker than the rest of his face and because of his braids it looks like he has very long earlobes. I hope you guys have better luck with these.
      It's a problem painting at this scale. It can be done but it takes time and time is money. With mass produced pieces like these they have "X" amount of time to paint each piece and then it's on the next one. They are meant to be what you would call a "20 footer" because the farther away you get from it the better it looks.

I hope nobody was expecting 1/6 paint apps on these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

It's a problem painting at this scale. It can be done but it takes time and time is money. With mass produced pieces like these they have "X" amount of time to paint each piece and then it's on the next one. They are meant to be what you would call a "20 footer" because the farther away you get from it the better it looks.

I hope nobody was expecting 1/6 paint apps on these.
        You bring up some solid practical considerations. I do think these are better paint jobs than the Eaglemoss figures for the most part. In fact, all of mine in the set are really good....... maybe I was lucky.

I recently bought the Eaglemoss Hobbit figures marked way down for about $3.70 each and free shipping and some of those are really badly painted - even worse than the LOTR series was.

Comment

• Originally posted by gideon View Post

You bring up some solid practical considerations. I do think these are better paint jobs than the Eaglemoss figures for the most part. In fact, all of mine in the set are really good....... maybe I was lucky.

I recently bought the Eaglemoss Hobbit figures marked way down for about $3.70 each and free shipping and some of those are really badly painted - even worse than the LOTR series was.
          painting could be better in my opinion.. my elrond statue was wayyyyy off

Comment

• I understand that with small pieces like this it's difficult to stay "between" the lines but it's hard to understand why Elronds ears are a darker pink than his face. Surely they should/could use the same shade for everything?

Comment

I have all the LOTR Eaglemoss models and love them. I've been thinking about The Hobbit ones... were there any characters not done?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

I have all the LOTR Eaglemoss models and love them. I've been thinking about The Hobbit ones... were there any characters not done?
                here is a link to the site and you can what is available and what is out of stock. I have no idea beyond what is on this page if there were others or not.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/the-h...d-of-the-rings

But the deal was too good for me to pass up. I am hoping the two sets that are out of stock return as you can get on a list to be emailed when they are which seems to indicate there will be more stock soon.

Comment

here is a link to the site and you can what is available and what is out of stock. I have no idea beyond what is on this page if there were others or not.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/the-h...d-of-the-rings

But the deal was too good for me to pass up. I am hoping the two sets that are out of stock return as you can get on a list to be emailed when they are which seems to indicate there will be more stock soon.
                  I believe that there were only the 26 that are shown at that link. You can go on eBay and get good deals on the missing ones if you hunt around.

Comment

• Originally posted by markv View Post

I believe that there were only the 26 that are shown at that link. You can go on eBay and get good deals on the missing ones if you hunt around.
                    Is there a list available of all that were issued for THE HOBBIT by Eaglemoss?

Comment

• I guess I am one of the lucky ones, as my Elrond's ears and face are about the same tones. Face looks like there are a few 'dirt smudges' on it, which makes sense. Could be that I am not as picky as I know what it is like to try to paint in a scale close to this one.

My 1:30 environments were too expensive to ship to Canada from the USA warehouse so a friend is keeping those for me until we meet again.
                      The 1:30 characters shipping cost was extremely reasonable from New Zealand so I had those shipped to me.
                      I was planning on checking out the 1:30 characters, and then putting them back into their boxes for safe keeping. After I got two of them out, there was no way I was going to put them back into their boxes, so they now reside in my son's Games Workshop cabinet.

Comment

• They look good there.

Speaking of Treebeard....

Comment

Is there a list available of all that were issued for THE HOBBIT by Eaglemoss?
                          This was from the Eaglemoss website. Below this it shows the 8 different sets with 26 characters. I think that is all there is. The Hobbit Figurines

Unique Exclusive Online Collection

The Official Collector’s Models sets feature major characters from the three films in The Hobbit Motion Picture Trilogy. Each hand-painted figurine is presented in a unique pose that recreates a classic moment to 1:25 scale .

Cast in a specially formulated metallic resin, costumes and weaponry are reproduced down to the finest detail, and each model is officially approved by Warner Bros. to ensure total authenticity.

Presented in 8 collector's sets, with offers on collecting all 8 with bonus special designed gifts, this is a unique collection unavailable to buy elsewhere.

Comment

• Looking nice Min. Your son has the Mumakil, did he paint it?

Comment

• Originally posted by markv View Post

This was from the Eaglemoss website. Below this it shows the 8 different sets with 26 characters. I think that is all there is. The Hobbit Figurines

Unique Exclusive Online Collection

The Official Collector’s Models sets feature major characters from the three films in The Hobbit Motion Picture Trilogy. Each hand-painted figurine is presented in a unique pose that recreates a classic moment to 1:25 scale .

Cast in a specially formulated metallic resin, costumes and weaponry are reproduced down to the finest detail, and each model is officially approved by Warner Bros. to ensure total authenticity.

Presented in 8 collector's sets, with offers on collecting all 8 with bonus special designed gifts, this is a unique collection unavailable to buy elsewhere.
                              Compared to the massive number they turned out for LOTR, 180 figures including every conceivable character no matter how minor - this must have been a real flop for them to end it so soon.
                              Last edited by gideon; 21st December 2017, 01:10.

Comment

• Minuialwen it's really hard to put things back when you got them out, isn't it? But they do seem to fit in very nicely

Comment

• Hi everyone, really loving the Dol Guldur, well done to the sculptors; here's a video we made if you want to see how it compares to miniatures and a full scale human. ;) Hope you enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZiOWHYsqQY&t=715sdol guldur 3.jpgdol guldur 2.jpgdol guldur 1.jpg

1:30 scale Hill of Sorcery, Dol Guldur, North Courtyard, Colonnade, Palantir Courtyard, South Courtyard, Is this the greatest Middle-earth scenery ever made? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZiOWHYsqQY&t=715s
                                  Last edited by Forge Hammers; 21st December 2017, 07:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                    They look good there.

Speaking of Treebeard....
                                    Thanks Idril. I find the scaling so far off that it just doesn't look right to me. But they are safe and sound, and for now that is all that matters.

Yes, there is Treebeard, but no Merry or Pippin, as they are still in the box waiting to be painted ...

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                    Looking nice Min. Your son has the Mumakil, did he paint it?
                                    Thanks Ithildin. Some day they will be with their proper environment. So glad to know that the environment is perfect and is safe and sound where it is.

Yes he did paint the Mumakil.

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                                    Minuialwen it's really hard to put things back when you got them out, isn't it? But they do seem to fit in very nicely
                                    Next to impossible Vicksken, if you don't have to, I would strongly advise against it. Hence the scale is way off, but I feel they are safer there than they would be if I had tried to put them back into their boxes.

It will be interesting to see if my son notices that there are more than just his Games Workshop items in his cabinet when he comes home for the holidays.

Comment

• I think my biggest fear would be him claiming they are his

Comment

• My replacement Forod arrived but not only did customs damage the coloured box when they opened my parcel, they also charged me €30. Fingers crossed I can liberate him without any damage or my BF 1/30-scale blow-out will get a very bitter ending

Comment

• So heart breaking to hear this Vicksken. I hate it when customs chooses one of my items to 'pick on'. It is never a good ending, not only does it cost more, but there is almost always something broken.

Remember to take your time and push it out the 'bottom side' of the rubber. If you need to, cut bits and pieces of rubber out. The way I see it is I would rather have my item in perfect condition and the 'packing' not, then the packing in perfect condition and the statue not. Best of Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                          X