Boromir at Amon Hen 1:6 scale statue (with arrows)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is an awesome display! Congrats!

Comment

• Wonderful display Spitfire.

Comment

• Excellent display Spitfire.

Seeing your setup has convinced me I need the Lurtz/Boromir pair to accompany my Uruk-Hai Scout too.

Comment

• Question regarding this statue? Is it worth buying if you don't plan to collect Lurtz? Mainly collecting major characters from the movies and overall (with a few exceptions) I prefer the ''good guys'' when it comes to 1/6 statues. But I'm afraid Boromir's build will seem odd if he's not displayed together with Lurtz?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
            Question regarding this statue? Is it worth buying if you don't plan to collect Lurtz? Mainly collecting major characters from the movies and overall (with a few exceptions) I prefer the ''good guys'' when it comes to 1/6 statues. But I'm afraid Boromir's build will seem odd if he's not displayed together with Lurtz?
            All depends on how you want your display to look. Personally I feel the death of Boromir is one of the most pivotal and impactful moments in the narrative. To have one without the other would rob me of representing it on my shelves, so the decision was easy for me. While neither statue would rank in my top spots individually, collectively they stand out as one of the coolest parts of my entire LOTR collection.

Comment

• Alwayshappy I agree with Hellboy: together they are magnificent but without Lurtz I would find a dying Boromir without his killer a bit weird. But this is all very personal. If you really like the statue I would get him cause the details are amazing and I'm so glad they gave him a proper sword and not a plastic one.

Comment

• Must have.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice I think I'll skip Boromir all together then. I like the statue, but I'm not a fan of Lurtz and generally I can only justify spending this much money on characters and statues I like. So if Boromir looks weird without Lurzt it's better to skip that one too I guess.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I think I'll skip Boromir all together then. I like the statue, but I'm not a fan of Lurtz and generally I can only justify spending this much money on characters and statues I like. So if Boromir looks weird without Lurzt it's better to skip that one too I guess.

What about another Lurtz?

SAM_6430_resized.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DD; 14th February 2018, 07:32.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

• I suppose if you have Boromir on his own it still represents his bravery and determination.
                      Lurtz works fine on his own.

How about getting the original SSW Boromir? Probably cheaper and even though one of the old human statues still a decent likeness and the armour and clothing are well done, and has a good pose.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                        I suppose if you have Boromir on his own it still represents his bravery and determination.
                        Lurtz works fine on his own.

How about getting the original SSW Boromir? Probably cheaper and even though one of the old human statues still a decent likeness and the armour and clothing are well done, and has a good pose.
                        Very god suggestion FE. That SSW piece is a great representation of Boromir.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

How about getting the original SSW Boromir?
                          SSW Boromir & Weta Boromir 1 by William Daly, on Flickr

Comment

• And you get the shield!

Comment

• I really prefer the WETA Boromir version, not a fan of SSW in general.

Comment

• If there's an artwork worthy of the display it's this one:
                                Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

• Originally posted by Radagaster View Post
                                  If there's an artwork worthy of the display it's this one:
                                  Great painting! "The Horn of Boromir" by Matthew Stewart.
                                  Btw, he also did an amazing Battle of the 5 Armies painting.
                                  Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

I really prefer the WETA Boromir version, not a fan of SSW in general.
                                    There are some gems in there though. Saruman, Grima and Theoden are the best of the human characters. I still like others like Elrond, Eowyn, Boromir, the hobbits...
                                    All the creatures and bad guys are of course perfect, as you would expect as they're made by the same people who made them for the film!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radagaster View Post
                                      If there's an artwork worthy of the display it's this one:
                                      I have the cross stich pattern of this.

http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/ind...oducts_id=9857

Comment

• There is a cross stitch pattern?

Comment

• Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                          There is a cross stitch pattern?

New project getting started?

Comment

Working...
                                          X