POLL: Best Weta statue of 2021 for FoTR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post

Wait, does it have a light up feature??? Isn’t that a paint?
    Still an awesome idea

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post

Before I create the next poll, am I missing any other pieces? I just realized I missed Galadriel classic edition.
      No, you didn't. That statue is from The Hobbit movies and your poll clearly says FOTR. This is their year, so keep all Hobbit nonsense out of it, please.

Also, minor typo with 'Witching'...
      Last edited by Valkrist; 29 December 2021, 14:44.

Comment

For me it’s Bilbo at Bag End and Sauron with Bag End ahead on originality (Many Saurons already done) But I bought Sauron because BaBE was too expensive at the time. So my vote went to Sauron.
        Awesome feedback everyone. I'm going to post a follow up poll in a couple days. I'd be curious to know what statue from 2021 is the best value given the price, level of detail, edition size, and complexity. Curious if the rankings will change from what's the best!

Before I create the next poll, am I missing any other pieces? I just realized I missed Galadriel classic edition.
        So that is based on pre-production? I think Legolas and Gimli are great but some poor painting execution let it down a bit. Same might happen with other pieces not in hand

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
        Saruman on Throne for me. Big, audacious, never before seen or attempted and with a subtle light up feature.
        Actually I agree. But the price and to some degree the size put me off this. Same with Bag End and Bilbo in BE

Comment

Originally posted by Ragadaz View Post
          For me it’s Bilbo at Bag End and Sauron with Bag End ahead on originality (Many Saurons already done) But I bought Sauron because BaBE was too expensive at the time. So my vote went to Sauron.
          Funny I used to think Bilbo at Bag End was too expensive till the new Bag End came with higher price and less detail.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthKanade View Post

Funny I used to think Bilbo at Bag End was too expensive till the new Bag End came with higher price and less detail.
            Yeah, that one still boggles my mind. I just have to shake my head at Weta and walk away sometimes. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

No, you didn't. That statue is from The Hobbit movies and your poll clearly says FOTR. This is their year, so keep all Hobbit nonsense out of it, please.

Also, minor typo with 'Witching'...
              Ah. Good point. Yeah, I'll omit it then.

Comment

Bilbo in Bag End for me.

Still regret not picking up Escape off the Road

Comment

Bilbo and Escape are very good indeed, but for me Saruman on throne is just perfect.

Comment

Bilbo at Bag End

To be honest, I actually like every statue on the list this year, probably because FOTR is my favourite of the trilogy. I think they’re all worthy contenders.

The annual Flamies Awards is quite soon, so it will be interesting to see if the Flamies voting reflects our votes here, or whether a new contender will arise!

"But this condition Ilúvatar made, or it is the necessity of their love, that their power should thenceforward be contained and bounded in the World, to be within it for ever, until it is complete, so that they are its life and it is theirs."

Comment

I can only vote for something I've seen personally in real life or from owner photos and that's (from the list) the Cave Troll and Witchking and Frodo ... Voted for the impressive Cave Troll.

Comment

I voted for the Cave troll because it is simply spectacular and the details are impressive ..... I think Bilbo at Bag end is gorgeous too but I would like to see it for myself first

Comment

I am asking about what was revealed. Not what was actually received and in hand.
                          So should it only be what was revealed and put up for pre-order this year? If so the the Cave Troll, Frodo and the Witch-king and Legolas and Gimli does not qualify since they were put up for pre-order last year, though they were shipped this year.

The two mini statues of Gandalf the Grey and Gimli were both revealed this year so they are missing from the list and if you include statues that were shipped this year then Saruman the White mini statue should be added since it started shipping in January this year.

As Valkrist said Galadiel is from the Hobbit and does not qualify for a LOTR list and the same goes for the Thranduil MC (which started shipping in March this year).

There are another two items revealed this year though they are not statues and one of them is not all polystone so perhaps they dont qualify, the Uruk-hai Captain's Helm and Galadriels Phial.

Comment

Glad to see the two i ordered are the top two so far in the poll

Bilbo at his desk was my most wanted so of course that's top for me, with the 'Escape' MC following just behind. I already have a spot for both.

Comment

Interesting the open edition Bilbo got no votes even though you’re expecting them to sell more than the LE. At the time I was thinking doesn’t having the open edition bring down the $ value of the LE because Bilbo is replicated? Unlike Sauron The Bilbo at BE and Bag End haven’t been done by other companies unlike Sauron

Comment

I voted for Bilbo in Bag End, having ordered most of the releases this year (except Saruman on Throne and DOD) it is the only piece that when seeing it I made a mental commitment to purchase regardless of the price.

Comment

I guess we don't need the Flamies next year

Comment

Originally posted by DarthKanade View Post
                                    I voted Bilbo at Bag End, and it's only 3 months left before the delivery, can't wait.
                                    YES! I cannot believe it

Comment

So from this poll it appears that an overwhelming majority of people prefer character statues. In particular, they prefer ones with the aspect of environment within the statue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                        Bilbo at Bag End

To be honest, I actually like every statue on the list this year, probably because FOTR is my favourite of the trilogy. I think they’re all worthy contenders.

The annual Flamies Awards is quite soon, so it will be interesting to see if the Flamies voting reflects our votes here, or whether a new contender will arise!
                                        Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                        I guess we don't need the Flamies next year
                                        But as the three of us know, the Flamies' vote is for the ones shipped that year, not for preorders. So the ones members have to select from are very different than this pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragadaz View Post
                                          Interesting the open edition Bilbo got no votes even though you’re expecting them to sell more than the LE. At the time I was thinking doesn’t having the open edition bring down the $ value of the LE because Bilbo is replicated? Unlike Sauron The Bilbo at BE and Bag End haven’t been done by other companies unlike Sauron
                                          If it's any consolation, the Bilbo Open Edition is probably the only one I can afford, both for price AND space considerations. I still have the original 1/6 Bilbo standing on the barrel, so the Bag End version is just icing.
                                          Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Working...
                                          X