Black Friday 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

I agree, but unlike the Hobbit holes, that's one environment that I wanted right away, and I've had it now for... gosh, when did it come out? Over a year ago, I think? So there is a balance to be found there, but it's up to each individual. The Hobbit holes and 1:10's can wait for me because they are not the focal point of my collection, which revolves predominantly around 1:6's and larger, more elaborate environments that I want right away, and the Mill & Bridge fell into that last category.

Doesn't make it any less annoying to see the sale price.
    I also bought it at the very beginning.
    Well, it's happened and we're smarter now... I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
      It didn't stay at 0€ for me either.
      I bought two of the Hobbit Chroniclesit absolutely had to be the ones in the original language , hours of searching got me nowhere and I've had cancellations from bookstores even though they were supposed to be available, so I had to bite the bullet but I also used my WD. they are great books that I belatedly appreciated

Congratulations My friend!

I'm missing it. 20 € / book for delivery. For 4 books, the delivery would be only € 80. A lot to me.

Comment

Thank you
        118€ for two books
        Expensive but absolutely sold out in all stores and nowhere to get cheaper maybe used abroad but there the risk is too high.
        I send you a Pm
        Last edited by Plat; 25 November 2021, 10:04.

Comment

Just got the Mill with Weta dollars. I`m a happy bunny - great deal!

Comment

Picked the Mill and Bridge, couldn’t resist with -50%

Comment

Originally posted by Clintwood View Post

Do it, it's a really nice little figure.
              Dammit it's sold out,that didn't take long.

Comment

Normally, I go gaga when there is a sale (it's how I've been able to purchase many of my statues) but not this year.
                Still paying for Sauron and Off the Road which take big chunks out of my budget.
                So, this year I sent money to Kyle to pay off the Beacon just before Black Friday ensuring I couldn't be tempted.
                So far, so good.
                Been interested in a few things but nothing to make me break any piggy banks or tear up the furniture for any bits of coin.
                BUT Congrats to those of you who purchased something you desired.

Comment

Oh wow, so Weta is actually offering the Rivendell guard helm as a last item... the item that I've ordered in a BF sale a couple years ago, then had the shipment delayed for 7 months before being told via customer support that the item was now sold out and I was then refunded with Weta dollars as the bank transfer failed for some reason. Not cool.

Comment

Meh. Nothing interesting for me which is good more $ for next deposit- bring it on Weta!

Comment

Might pull the trigger on WiKing and Frodo depending on shipping quote

Comment

Originally posted by Anarion View Post

Oh wow, so Weta is actually offering the Rivendell guard helm as a last item... the item that I've ordered in a BF sale a couple years ago, then had the shipment delayed for 7 months before being told via customer support that the item was now sold out and I was then refunded with Weta dollars as the bank transfer failed for some reason. Not cool.
                        Ouch. That's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Crap…Gandalf and Frodo on cart has been that one piece for me that got away. Funds just weren’t there when it released. Well, they aren’t exactly here now either but damn I want this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Till Foxburr View Post
                            Crap…Gandalf and Frodo on cart has been that one piece for me that got away. Funds just weren’t there when it released. Well, they aren’t exactly here now either but damn I want this!!
                            Haha well don't think about it too long I'm sure it will sell fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                              It is nice to see both the New Zealand warehouse and the USA warehouse shipping Hobbit holes together instead of separate. I just wish that Canadians could get all their items from New Zealand. What a savings it would be!!

From the 2 for $50, I would say absolutely #35, it is the only hobbit hole in all of Hobbiton that has a thatched roof. It is one that you can see, sort of, in both movies. It is extremely well done, the details are impeccable!! The other one, is harder for me to suggest; 36 is another one that is seen in both movies, it is very will detailed and if they both didn't have blue doors, it would be by far my 2nd choice. But one often wants variety in door colour so ... I would almost go with #5 and the sign, very cute hobbit hole, again the detailing is amazing and the sign really does add a lot to a Hobbiton display. I would also consider #16, it is bright, beautifully done and the chimney is seen constantly throughout the movies.
                              In the end it is up to your and your own tastes. (With 2 for less than the cost for one, and combined shipping which really helps out in the final cost, why not buy all of the hobbit holes? You know you want to.)
                              Thanks so much Min for your advice it made things very clear I went in for #35, #5, #2A Hill lane (I felt the hobbit hole is the bonus to the barrel ) & Farmer Maggot's (I liked that there was reference to Farmer Maggot's crop in the movies, so always wondered)..I've never planned to own a HoHo but I might plan a specific place for this. In the end as you said, it's tempting to buy it all, but limited budget...so, happy for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

The Weta versions of both aren't entirely screen accurate, but they're still nice.

The Noble version of the Evenstar is the best by far. It's pretty much perfectly screen accurate, and looks incredible. My wife has been wearing it (occasionally!) for almost 20 years

I think I gave her the Weta version of Nenya too, years back.
                                We’ll, I’ve just looked up why some of WETA’s replica are not very screen accurate. And here’s what I’ve learned.
                                Nenya and Evenstar were designed by a jeweler, Jasmine Watson. The Noble Collection used Watson's original patterns and molds to create its replicas.So, their replicas are pretty accurate. I don’t know if WETA had the molds used for the movies, but considering the fact we can see the differences between WETA’s Nenya and Evenstar and Noble collection’s, it seems they don’t. If that’s indeed true, I wonder why they can’t have the original molds.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post

Thanks so much Min for your advice it made things very clear I went in for #35, #5, #2A Hill lane (I felt the hobbit hole is the bonus to the barrel ) & Farmer Maggot's (I liked that there was reference to Farmer Maggot's crop in the movies, so always wondered)..I've never planned to own a HoHo but I might plan a specific place for this. In the end as you said, it's tempting to buy it all, but limited budget...so, happy for now.
                                  Congratulations to the start of the Hobbit Hole season

Now you are due, they are exert an insurmountable attraction that all of the rest of them will follow the first ones

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post

It's always funny to see how quickly we let ourselves be influenced but you're not alone - that's how I came to all the HH. I also wanted to get out of the BF sale with €0 and ended up with almost €110.

Comment

We are all sooo weak

Comment

We are all sooo weak
                                        You and I especially

Comment

We are all sooo weak
                                          Well, yes, as I didn't expect to purchase anything. TBH - and people outside the U.S. won't have sympathy as we don't have a VAT (yet) shipping charges had me emptying my cart down to 3 HHs. I know, I know, but it's a lot inside U.S. relatively speaking, almost half the sale price of an HH.

Am a mild collector of HHs when they are on sale, so am not upset. Am miffed about the Bridge, but it is what it is. Occasionally am able to get a deal on an HH through BBTS, so suppose it evens out. Was not going to pay for Farmer Maggot HH shipping from NZ tho.

I miss the leather cuffs WETA used to have, I still wear the Hobbit one (black dwarf pattern). Has held up well tho the back stamping label for WETA wore off. I would have liked the Rohan one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X