Hopes for TTT & ROTK Anniversaries?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    some very nice items coming up!!

    Comment


      Other than the staff of Gandalf The White, what else could be prop replicas?
      •Lothlorien bow of Legolas
      •Lembas bread
      •Hobbit capes and vests
      •Vambraces of Boromir
      •Skulls used in the ROTK
      •Sam’s Elvish rope
      •Sam’s seasoning
      •Palantir
      •Boromir’s broken horn
      •Wigs?
      •Pipes of other characters
      •Sauron sized one ring replica (tungsten carbide) with orange/red elvish runes
      •Affordable swords replica made from resin

      Comment


        Legolas's bow, Lutz's bow, and the Palantir, seem most likely to me, not sure why Weta would make replica lembas it's just bread lol. As for the mini skulls used in RoTK why make prop replicas of them when you could sell the actual props? The whole charm of owning one of those is to own an actual film prop that the average fan can afford.

        Comment


          Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
          Legolas's bow, Lutz's bow, and the Palantir, seem most likely to me, not sure why Weta would make replica lembas it's just bread lol. As for the mini skulls used in RoTK why make prop replicas of them when you could sell the actual props? The whole charm of owning one of those is to own an actual film prop that the average fan can afford.
          YES to Lurtz’s bow!
          Yeah, it’s very unlikely but if they do release them, I’ll definitely buy a bunch of them. Lembas made a big impression on me when I first saw TTT and ROTK somehow haha.

          I meant what you are suggesting. Hope WETA will listen to the fans!

          Comment


            1. Legolas's Lothlorien bow and arrow
            2. Lurtz's Bow and arrow
            3. Gandalf the White's staff

            1. Legolas's Lothlorien bow and arrow
            2. Lurtz's Bow and arrow
            3. Gandalf the White's staff

            1. Legolas's Lothlorien bow and arrow
            2. Lurtz's Bow and arrow
            3. Gandalf the White's staff

            1. Legolas's Lothlorien bow and arrow
            2. Lurtz's Bow and arrow
            3. Gandalf the White's staff

            1. Legolas's Lothlorien bow and arrow
            2. Lurtz's Bow and arrow
            3. Gandalf the White's staff










            Comment


              Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post

              YES to Lurtz’s bow!
              Yeah, it’s very unlikely but if they do release them, I’ll definitely buy a bunch of them. Lembas made a big impression on me when I first saw TTT and ROTK somehow haha.

              I meant what you are suggesting. Hope WETA will listen to the fans!
              Ya I hope Weta will listen too!

              Ithildin, what was it that you wanted?

              Comment


                Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

                Ithildin, what was it that you wanted?

                Comment


                  I’d love a much smaller Treebeard. I had the humongous one briefly but ultimately didn’t have room for a 40” statue with a million pieces and two more huge boxes. Maybe for the Miniatures line

                  Comment


                    As I'm primarily an environment-collector, I would love to see a Rohan-themed environment for TTT anniversary. A large Edoras-environment would be really great. It may not have the same 'grandness' of the Numenorean structures but it is such a great visual representation of Rohan. Given how few scenes (relatively speaking) of Edoras that are shown in the movies, I'm still amazed that they ended up building such a large set of it within a deserted and windy valley
                    Last edited by Besonnenheit; 26 April 2022, 01:47.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MaxGoof View Post
                      I’d love a much smaller Treebeard. I had the humongous one briefly but ultimately didn’t have room for a 40” statue with a million pieces and two more huge boxes. Maybe for the Miniatures line
                      I think there's a good chance of a Classic series treebeard announced this year.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by MaxGoof View Post
                        I’d love a much smaller Treebeard. I had the humongous one briefly but ultimately didn’t have room for a 40” statue with a million pieces and two more huge boxes. Maybe for the Miniatures line
                        I'd like a smaller Treebeard statue too...a mini statue would be great as wouldn't take up much space, plus Treebeard is one of the few characters that I don't have represented in my LOTR collection but would like to have.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TravellerAtoZ View Post

                          I think there's a good chance of a Classic series treebeard announced this year.
                          That would be very welcomed! Whether it has no scale or is 1:6.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

                            That would be very welcomed! Whether it has no scale or is 1:6.
                            There's no way there would be a classic series Treebeard at 1/6, that would be the same size as the MC! Totally out of the price range of a classic series statue.

                            A smaller scale i can definitely see, as he is so popular.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

                              There's no way there would be a classic series Treebeard at 1/6, that would be the same size as the MC! Totally out of the price range of a classic series statue.

                              A smaller scale i can definitely see, as he is so popular.
                              Yes I should have specified not classic series, but a Treebeard, whether it's the same size as a regular 1:6 scale piece or 1:6 scale itself unlikely to happen in that scale though

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

                                Yes I should have specified not classic series, but a Treebeard, whether it's the same size as a regular 1:6 scale piece or 1:6 scale itself unlikely to happen in that scale though
                                Again I’m not sure how into patterns Weta is - they sure can’t seem to string a whole fellowship together - but the 12” Classic balrog means that they are willing to scale down big creatures to fit the size of the Classics. This makes a 12” tree beard sound very reasonable, and maybe even fell beast and others!

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

                                  Yes I should have specified not classic series, but a Treebeard, whether it's the same size as a regular 1:6 scale piece or 1:6 scale itself unlikely to happen in that scale though
                                  Oh absolutely, something like TravellerAtoZ mentions above.

                                  I remember in the SSW collecting days i would have been happy with a Treebeard the same size as my 1/6 statues, but obviously not 1/6 himself. I never could have imagined back then owning a 1/6 Treebeard! Maybe i still would be, then i could sell my MC for 10k and in the process fund my collecting addiction for a few more years

                                  Comment


                                    So as someone who owns the MC how do you feel about the idea of Weta making another 1:6 Treebeard?

                                    Comment


                                      Well I don’t think they will, but a smaller scale is perfectly reasonable.

                                      Comment


                                        The way they keep raising prices don’t be surprised to see a Treebeard 1/6 Classic without hobbits for $699. And since it’s OE they won’t have to hijack the price to over $1,000 for it to be profitable

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
                                          So as someone who owns the MC how do you feel about the idea of Weta making another 1:6 Treebeard?
                                          Another 1/6 TB will never happen. Sorry, it just won't.

                                          Originally posted by Greyhame View Post
                                          The way they keep raising prices don’t be surprised to see a Treebeard 1/6 Classic without hobbits for $699. And since it’s OE they won’t have to hijack the price to over $1,000 for it to be profitable
                                          TB sold for $2400 how many years ago? With the price increases that have happened since then, TB would be up around $4000 if it was being sold today. Even without the Hobbits it wouldn't be lower that $3400.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X