Sauron, Lord of the Rings 1/6 Premium Statue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DarthKanade View Post
    Hope Weta could sharing some pics like P1S during the production. It's been almost 10 years since I sold my SSW Sauron, I can hardly wait to having a new one.
    Buy a new SSW one in the meanwhile
    Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

    That's probably due to your payment plan being paid off. Somehow the system shows an ETA then.
    Silly system. I had my Mother Aughra saying she was shipping in February (2 years ago), but she didn't ship before October - just because of the payment plan.

    Comment


      Indeed, it shows Estimated Delivery 10 Jan 2022 to me that would be really cool lool
      But BBiBE was ordered before, will it ship after Sauron?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Levidas View Post
        Indeed, it shows Estimated Delivery 10 Jan 2022 to me that would be really cool lool
        But BBiBE was ordered before, will it ship after Sauron?
        Mine also says it'll ship Jan 13th haha. No chance of course. I have a feeling Bilbo will be available before Sauron. I could be wrong, but seems likely!
        Last edited by Olórin the Grey; 9 January 2022, 03:09.

        Comment


          Yes, Bilbo will be first as he is expected in q1, Sauron in q2, so unless something happens Bilbo will be first. And see my comment above, estimated shipping date is only shown when you have a payment plan as it reflects the date of your last payment.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
            Yes, Bilbo will be first as he is expected in q1, Sauron in q2, so unless something happens Bilbo will be first. And see my comment above, estimated shipping date is only shown when you have a payment plan as it reflects the date of your last payment.
            Thanks Celaglar! Just finding it humorous that the estimated shipping date is just so...off. Totally get its reflection of the preorder payments and such. Just rather odd is all.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Olórin the Grey View Post

              Thanks Celaglar! Just finding it humorous that the estimated shipping date is just so...off. Totally get its reflection of the preorder payments and such. Just rather odd is all.
              No problem. It doesn't make sense, but that's how it works I think

              Comment


                Yet another fine example of the goofy shortcomings of Weta's website and ordering system, the worst of which is how the Weta Dollars are such a confounding mystery as to having no effective way of tracking incoming and outgoing amounts. Oh, how I long for their old site.

                Comment


                  I think at this point with the way the world is currently, you could just throw all of those estimated shipping dates out the window.

                  Comment


                    It is a really awesome piece any way you look at it.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                      I think at this point with the way the world is currently, you could just throw all of those estimated shipping dates out the window.
                      I also see it that way and expect delays.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                        the worst of which is how the Weta Dollars are such a confounding mystery as to having no effective way of tracking incoming and outgoing amounts.
                        That's something I've been thinking too. Perhaps this is explained somewhere else, but since I now got the Gold Collector Status, and WD are only received after paying shipping, will I get BBiBE's WD as a Gold Collector (as I'm going to be when shipping is paid) or as a regular collector (as I was when I first made the order)?
                        Last edited by Levidas; 10 January 2022, 03:07.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Levidas View Post

                          That's something I've been thinking too. Perhaps this is explained somewhere else, but since I now got the Gold Collector Status, and WD are only received after paying shipping, will I get BBiBE's WD as a Gold Collector (as I'm going to be when the dollars are received) or as a regular collector (as I was when I first made the order)?
                          Levidas I believe Wetadollars are calculated on your collector status at the time you place the order, unfortunately for you and me that means only 5% as regular status!

                          I'm in the same boat, I've only received 5% for both BBiBE and BEotH, my Gold status just ran out before BBiBE was released. The trick is to order things when you're Gold, but that doesn't really work if there's nothing you want to order, or if things take a really long time to ship.

                          To benefit at 15% after reaching our new Gold status we need to order more stuff

                          "But this condition Ilúvatar made, or it is the necessity of their love, that their power should thenceforward be contained and bounded in the World, to be within it for ever, until it is complete, so that they are its life and it is theirs."
                          ___________________
                          ~ Ainulindalë


                          Comment


                            Logged into my account and just noticed that I made my final payment a week or so ago! Woot! I cannot wait for this statue!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Valar View Post
                              To benefit at 15% after reaching our new Gold status we need to order more stuff
                              Indeed! And being a Gold Collector is not that good when compared to other status:

                              - When you set up a profile on Weta's website, you are automatically given the status Weta Fan (1 Weta Dollar for every US$20 spent » 5%)

                              - If you spend the equivalent of US$500 (excluding shipping costs), you get promoted to Silver Collector status (1 Weta Dollar for every US$10 spent » 10%)

                              - If you spend the equivalent of US$2,000 (excluding shipping costs), you get promoted to Gold Collector status (1.5 Weta Dollars for every US$10 spent » 15%)

                              In summary: just for signing up, you make 5% of every purchase, which is good. If you spend $500, you start making 10%, which is great! But to reach Gold Status, you need to quadruple that (!) and then just get an increase of half, 15% it's a bit of a bummer. Not even to mention that they have an expiration date!


                              graph.jpg
                              Last edited by Levidas; 10 January 2022, 08:37.

                              Comment


                                Nice to see ...

                                Comment


                                  I recently made the same calculation or "investigation" for myself ... and of course I came to the same disappointing result as you.

                                  But it's nice to see it in graphic form, because the "deviation" is clearly shown.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Levidas View Post

                                    Indeed! And being a Gold Collector is not that good when compared to other status:

                                    - When you set up a profile on Weta's website, you are automatically given the status Weta Fan (1 Weta Dollar for every US$20 spent » 5%)

                                    - If you spend the equivalent of US$500 (excluding shipping costs), you get promoted to Silver Collector status (1 Weta Dollar for every US$10 spent » 10%)

                                    - If you spend the equivalent of US$2,000 (excluding shipping costs), you get promoted to Gold Collector status (1.5 Weta Dollars for every US$10 spent » 15%)

                                    In summary: just for signing up, you make 5% of every purchase, which is good. If you spend $500, you start making 10%, which is great! But to reach Gold Status, you need to quadruple that (!) and then just get an increase of half, 15% it's a bit of a bummer. Not even to mention that they have an expiration date!


                                    graph.jpg
                                    Really appreciate this level of detail. I had not thought about this before. It is rather disappointing.

                                    Comment


                                      It is massively disappointing, but at this point we should count our lucky stars that Weta still gives Weta Dollars at all.

                                      Consider this, all in chronological order:

                                      - The planned for Platinum status never materialized

                                      - The amount to reach gold changed from $1000 to $2000 (this is in keeping with the inflation of prices - you buy two of medium to larger releases nowadays and $2000 is spent in the wink of an eye, or in the case of the MC pieces, one will suffice)

                                      - Depending on the timing of releases and your purchases, Gold status (as an example) can evaporate really quickly (as in much less than a full year)

                                      - They are now enforcing the expiry of WD

                                      I would not be very surprised if the next step in the evolution of WD is to eliminate the reward program away altogether. I would stake my life on the likelihood they've discussed it more than once. The main thing that's probably staving that off is that suddenly Weta has competitors coming at them from all sides, and they kind of need this to retain an edge. Honestly, it's the main reason I still buy from them because the shipping rates suck, the QC is questionable at times, and the CS, while still great, can still be problematic once in a while.

                                      Comment


                                        I don't think it would harm anyone to show a transaction history including an expiration date for WD (now that it's being introduced recently), the data is already there in their system, so why not?
                                        I agree that it's a good thing Weta offers WD and replacement parts process is better (though a long wait IMO) with Weta than retailers. I'm sure many would consider retailers if Weta chooses to stop the WD program, that's one of the main USP IMO.

                                        Comment


                                          I’m not sure I understand the logic of being disappointed with the percentage discounts given. Getting a 15% discount is great no matter what you had to spend to get there. If you didn’t get there, getting a 10% discount is still really nice. I get that sometimes with shipping, there are other vendors which are more advantageous financially and that is also an option for all of us.

                                          I do share in the disappointment of the transparency in how the discount levels are calculated as I still have no idea where I stand ever on being able to get to that next level. I also think that when they take so long to ship items, you should get your weta dollars on the purchases made once the transaction goes through and at that point you should be able to use them and earn them at the appropriate level on remaining preordered items that haven’t been billed yet regardless of when they were preordered. It seems a bit unfair to allow someone to commit to paying thousand of dollars and then not provide that reward level while also dropping additional thousands of dollars of new product that you can’t use or earn that earned discount on. Not to say they should give you that weta dollar credit at time of preorder since the transaction isn’t secured, but once the item ships and the transaction is finalized you should be able to use and earn those earned weta dollars however you want on remaining outstanding preorders.
                                          Last edited by dagriff1; 12 January 2022, 04:05.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X