Sauron, Lord of the Rings 1/6 Premium Statue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by David_Arriola View Post
    Or do we just wait for months now... ?
    This.

    It's pretty anticlimactic, but the item is just flagged as paid on your order page and that's about it. One day you will receive a shipping email out of the blue, bringing all the waiting and anticipation to an end.

    Comment


      At this rate, I may get my black Friday ordered Ringwraith and Sauron at the same time..

      Comment


        Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
        At this rate, I may get my black Friday ordered Ringwraith and Sauron at the same time..
        That's usually how it goes. Quiet on the shipping front for months and then they all come at once

        Comment


          My experience is they just ship it to you with regular shipping notice when the nearest warehouse get the item in.

          Comment


            It just feels so wrong. To pay such a large amount for something and not hear anything for months. Alternatively, I'll order something from Amazon and get it within 2 days.

            Comment


              But at the time of ordering you know it will arrive in q2 of 2022. When you pay the full amount at once you will always pay around the shipping date. Payment plans start at timenof ordering I believe and you know you have to wait afterwards when everything is paid. I'm not really following why this is an issue with pre orders where you are told the estimated quarter it will ship. It is a problem for stuff that is supposed to be in stock, then it should be shipped asap and I know weta is not the fastest there.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                But at the time of ordering you know it will arrive in q2 of 2022. When you pay the full amount at once you will always pay around the shipping date. Payment plans start at timenof ordering I believe and you know you have to wait afterwards when everything is paid. I'm not really following why this is an issue with pre orders where you are told the estimated quarter it will ship. It is a problem for stuff that is supposed to be in stock, then it should be shipped asap and I know weta is not the fastest there.
                Yep to this. I always pay full balance when item ready to ship, simple! - I don`t do payment plans, although appreciate some prefer them.

                Comment


                  Agreed as well. I mean, it's the very definition of pre-order. You're not getting anything until they say you are, whether you pay ahead of time or when it's ready to go out.

                  I've struck a balance between payment plans and one-and-done payments. It's nice to have the option depending on where you're at with life and other items you want. Payment plans are painful, sure, but they're also smaller amounts and with breathing room in between versus getting nailed all at once. This is especially worrisome for people that went in on all or nearly all of Weta's recent avalanche of closely spaced pre-orders. One day, big bills will come due, many within a very short time of each other. Hope people prepare for that whopper.

                  Comment


                    I've never really used the payment plan option, because I prefered to pay when the item is ready to be shipped, but for ''The Argonath'' I decided to make it a payment plan. The thing with paying it all at once is...that yes, you know which quarter it will ship (Q1/Q2, etc), but lately there have been some delays and it's hard to pin point the exact date of payment...and since we use our creditcard for other stuff aswell it's sometimes a bit tough to know how much we can put on the card on the months in that particular quarter. With a payment plan it's simpler; you get charged a few months and you know exactly which ones.

                    Made by Bill59

                    Comment


                      I also hate to pay in full and then wait for months so I alway pay off when ready to ship as well.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                        Agreed as well. I mean, it's the very definition of pre-order. You're not getting anything until they say you are, whether you pay ahead of time or when it's ready to go out.

                        I've struck a balance between payment plans and one-and-done payments. It's nice to have the option depending on where you're at with life and other items you want. Payment plans are painful, sure, but they're also smaller amounts and with breathing room in between versus getting nailed all at once. This is especially worrisome for people that went in on all or nearly all of Weta's recent avalanche of closely spaced pre-orders. One day, big bills will come due, many within a very short time of each other. Hope people prepare for that whopper.
                        Exactly why I`ve become more picky with my Weta purchases. Just buy what I really love. Not to say I don`t like the look of the new Sauron statue - I do, but do I need it - nope, the old one will do just fine.
                        No whoppers for me!

                        Comment


                          Last payment done!! This big boy is fully paid, including shipping, just awaiting stock now I'm so looking forward to have it!!

                          The Weta Dollars have been received too and Gold Collector Status unlocked, guess I'm ready for TTT anniversary!!

                          Comment


                            Levidas Congrats! Just paid mine off a few days ago and got Gold Collector as well! What a year it’s been. Now the hard part…waiting haha. I am super curious about the other statues that’ll go along with Sauron.

                            Comment


                              Paid off! Gil-Galad and Elendil would be perfect. Since Warner brothers royally dropped the ball on the ultimate 4k movie collection set regarding extras, we'll likely never see the unreleased cut material of them. Having them in 1:6 with this Sauron piece would be a fantastic treat.

                              For TTT a smaller Treebeard or something out of Rohan ould be awesome. Fountain guards or something with Shelob for Rotk would be my list

                              Comment


                                I missdeed the chance of preordering this Sauron and really regret it.
                                If there is anyone who has preordered it and is considering canceling it, please contact me via PM!

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Olórin the Grey View Post
                                  [USER="1347"]I am super curious about the other statues that’ll go along with Sauron.
                                  Exactly! I'm hopping to have both Elendil and Gil-Galad in their full 1:6 regal glory, ready to face Sauron in this scene. Will these be Premium Statues too, with light up feature and all? Or will they both be in the same base? Questions, questions...

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post
                                    I missdeed the chance of preordering this Sauron and really regret it.
                                    If there is anyone who has preordered it and is considering canceling it, please contact me via PM!
                                    Not ideal if you are in Japan but a few retailers in Europe still have it available for pre-order, you can also get on the waitlist of some websites like Spec Fiction.

                                    Comment


                                      I hope Elendil and Gil-Galad aren't on the same base, they need to get their own bases.

                                      Comment


                                        I don't think I will buy Elendil or Gil-Galad, my obsession was only with Sauron (unless they are really really cool...) but I cannot wait to see pictures of those statues facing this new Sauron.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
                                          I hope Elendil and Gil-Galad aren't on the same base, they need to get their own bases.
                                          100%.

                                          If for no other reason than the fact that if they are to be paired with Sauron in a way that makes sense and doesn't block him completely, they should be displayed to either side of him, not stuck on one base in front of him.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X