Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Haha well I’ll take the compliment

As for RoP, I wasn’t ‘wowed’ by it. I’ll continue to watch and hope it improves but it’s certainly not on the level of the movies, in my opinion of course. And there is perhaps where the mix up was as I haven’t really made my views on the show clear, but I got a bad reception for mentioning the show in the Elendil thread, but that by now has been put to bed, and I have likewise enjoyed reading your posts, whether they be insightful, informative, funny, despairing or sarcastic
    I hear, you my friend. It hasn't just been put to bed; it's been put out with the cat for the night.

Comment

My Saurons cape did not fit at all and I had to file out the back to make it work. I contacted Weta and I am really happy with their service. It took some months but once they answered they immediately offered a 10% refund, which I gladly took. A refund to my credit card by the way, not in WDs.

Comment

Interesting, i handled it through a local retailer, but my request for some form of % refund was denied by Weta as retailer said. Only full money back or a new statue. So now still waiting for new one Sauron, close to two months...

Comment

Better late than never.

My Weta Sauron 1/6 statue

An outstanding piece of work.?
          Last edited by bill59; 23 January 2023, 00:56.
          Cheers!
          Bill

Comment

Stunning pictures, Bill. What lighting are you using to bring out the armour highlights?

Comment

Amazing pictures! Makes me even more excited to display mine

Comment

These are very beautiful pictures, here you can see the colour nuances very clearly, well done Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                  Stunning pictures, Bill. What lighting are you using to bring out the armour highlights?
                  Thanks Valkrist. In this case I used a combination of two main lights a back light and a flashlight...oh! and a pushbike rear light (for the lava glow).

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                  Amazing pictures! Makes me even more excited to display mine
                  Thanks Celaglar. He is so impressive, it would be a shame to keep him in his box. You are going to love him even more when you get him on display.

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                  These are very beautiful pictures, here you can see the colour nuances very clearly, well done Bill
                  Thanks Plat. It took a while but I think I got there in the end.
                  Cheers!
                  Bill

Comment

Congrats Bill - stunning photos as ever

Comment

bill59 Those photos are fantastic!! You have some amazing talent!!

Comment

Great pictures Bill!

Comment

Incredible photos, bill59! You really managed to capture the colors and nuances in the armor. It’s an amazing statue

Comment

Superb pictures of an amazing statue! Congrats, my friend.

Comment

Thanks everyone, glad you liked them. It's a pleasure to share my shots with such fine folk.
                              Cheers!
                              Bill

Comment

Traveller !!!! Thank you my friend !

Dave
                                Last edited by Moonlightdrive21; 23 January 2023, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlightdrive21 View Post

Traveller !!!! Thank you my friend !

It ended up totaling $1,280. Can anyone tell me “around” what the statue totals with tax and shipping when buying direct from Weta?

Tku.
                                  Dave

Comment

Just simply gorgeous Bill!
                                    My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Late to the party but beautiful photos, Bill!

Comment

Has anyone found a display case for this guy that they liked? I’d be curious to know what y’all went with? Mine is currently boxed up and wants to breath haha

Comment

Working...
                                        X