Amon Hen Legolas and Gimli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amon Hen Legolas and Gimli

I saw someone on Instagram had some photos in their stories of this new peice, but can figure out how to post them here. Haven't seen anything about it anywhere else either. Maybe someone else here knows more? I'm pretty sure this is a Weta statue and the base looks like it fits in with Boromir and Aragorn.

I was able get a few screen captures.
    lg4.png lg1.png lg2.png lg3.png
    Last edited by N2Darkness; 23 November 2020, 21:28.
    https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

That looks good! Surprised to see it as one statue. hope they don't make the same mistake as with Aragorn and make the ES higher.

Comment

Likeness is underwhelming. I'll wait and see what the classic series entries look like.
      Instagram: randy_baggins

Comment

Yup, that looks like Weta alright!

I quite like it

At first I wondered if there was concern Gimli wouldn’t sell so well, hence pairing him up with a sure seller, Legolas. But regardless of that, it makes sense they’re together, as they stayed together for the entire Amon Hen scene.

I think it will be popular with the newer/younger collectors, good chance to get two characters with one statue. Great way to save space for the older collectors too.

Not for me though, as I don’t own the other Amon Hen statues. Looks promising though

Comment

Would love to have them separate base but it make sense. I'll order them anyway, hopefully not too expensive.
          Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Chances are they will announce them in todays news letter, might go on pre-order right after Black Friday.

Comment

N2Darkness Damn! Which IG account is this? I would love to follow! Not to spoil it for others, just that weta releases are like 4am Singapore time. HA

having said that, I'm sure its a weta piece. I need to resist this... LOVE both characters, but I dont own any Amon Hen pieces..

Comment

I quite like it but my heart always sinks a little when I see these 'tall' statues. I know it's just more moaning from long-time collectors, but a lot us have been at this so long that it's increasingly difficult to find proper display space, and shelf units - unless you have the luxury of lots of space and custom cabinets - don't lend themselves to pieces like this that need a lot of clearance. On the flip side, the single base will save space in a different way, provided it's not too wide. Can't win them all, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post
                  Likeness is underwhelming. I'll wait and see what the classic series entries look like.
                  I think they've absolutely nailed the Gimli likeness, less so Legolas. Don't have the previous ones so no interest in this but its a great statue as far as I can see

Comment

Wow, unexpected news, thanks for sharing N2Darkness

I always wonder how it's possible someone post some pics of new items from Weta before they are announced...
                    The likeness is very good in my opinion, especially Gimli's

Comment

Valkrist I'm not a long-time collector and I have no space for them. But I saved space from not buying Thranduil, I must reward myself for that
                      Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Wow! It looks fantastic! I feel that both the likeness on Gimli and Legolas are spot on

Comment

Cute piece, these 2 friends are my weak spot. Regretting having sold Aragorn and Boromir, lol. But no crystal ball it would become a dio.
                          Last edited by pocketreef; 24 November 2020, 06:12.

Comment

I like it. I think the likeness of Gimli is very good, and Legolas ks good.

Comment

I simply love it !

Love the pose, the likeness and the details on the base. This is clearly a must have in my opinion. Will be perfect with Aragorn, Lurtz, Boromir and Uruk Hai Scout Swordsman
                              Last edited by Spitfire; 24 November 2020, 02:12.

Comment

Woohoooo!

Both of them on the same base! I did not see that coming but I like it. I like it a lot. And it makes sense too. Not only did they fight together at Amon Hen but the bond of friendship had also formed so it's very fitting to have them on a shared base. And commercially it's probably a safe bet, although I doubt Gimli would have been a bad seller on his own.

I agree with Valkrist about the height being a problem for long time collectors but I'm still happy with the space-saving of having two characters (that I both wanted anyway) on a single base.

And speaking of the base - more Amon Hen! Enough said.

I like the height difference they've accomplished by combining both the slope (a must-have feature for the 'at Amon Hen' series) and the ruins. It nicely exaggerates the height difference between Gimli and Legolas as well. And I like their different facial expressions revealing the opposing character traits of Elf and Dwarf.

I hope the ES will be quite large and I hope to see the price come out lower than two separate statues combined.

Comment

I have long been waiting for another statue of Amon hen, well my patience and many others have been rewarded. I certainly won't let it slip away.

Comment

This looks fantastic. Sign me up.

Comment

Very nice statue, glad I don’t own the others so I can easily pass but always nice seeing a beer Weta piece

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                                        That looks good! Surprised to see it as one statue. hope they don't make the same mistake as with Aragorn and make the ES higher.

So that everything fits, more than 400 might not be a good idea.

I hope the portrait of Legolas is still being revised, Gimli is great!

Comment

Working...
                                        X